Big Papa Zone

A quick food recommendation

146 posts in this topic

And I agree about the "country style ribs" :thumbs:

Mmmmmm country style ribs, cooked out on the back porch over charcoal... Delicious <Homer drool>... Even better if you can get the boneless ones.

Also damn good is mashed potatoes with the skins on, with black pepper, sour cream and Philly cheese. I'd never have thought of that in a million years back home but damn it's good :D

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

OK, I'd also like to add breakfast burritos to the list. The ones at Maccy D's are tasty enough, so home-made ones at a mom & pop place must be awesome. Nich, I reckon you must get some real good breakfast burritos down your neck of the woods, am I right?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

OK, I'd also like to add breakfast burritos to the list. The ones at Maccy D's are tasty enough, so home-made ones at a mom & pop place must be awesome. Nich, I reckon you must get some real good breakfast burritos down your neck of the woods, am I right?

What are you doing on VJ mate you are getting married today

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOOD LUCK

X

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOOD LUCK

X

Way ahead of ya Shaz - I am married!! We did it at the local county courthouse this morning - in and out in 20 minutes!! 'Er indoors has to work tomorrow, so it's just another day really. ;)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Absolutely! Mendoza's a Mom and Pop Mexican joint is really good, but homemade with fresh flour tortillas are available lots of places.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOOD LUCK

X

Oh he's already married.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline
Way ahead of ya Shaz - I am married!! We did it at the local county courthouse this morning - in and out in 20 minutes!! 'Er indoors has to work tomorrow, so it's just another day really. ;)

Haha. Sounds like my marriage. A quick visit to the courthouse, signed all the docs, then my husband dropped me off at home and he went back to work. Very romantic. :hehe: Congratulations, Damian!

iagree.gif

Marm: Thanks for all those tasty looking dishes! We like to try new things, can't wait for Nik to get here so we can test them out! (I find that even tasty things are hard to have as left overs for 3 meals a day 5 days in a row...I'm apparently no good at cooking just for one!) I wonder if we should look for/start an off-topic thread for good recipes...

I always sort of thought that one of the solutions for "It just doesn't taste the same!!" was to not try to eat the same things, and try new ones... Of course, sometimes you just get a craving, I suppose. I've never moved countries, so I should probably be quiet on that point!!

I'm curious how the Brits fall on the Mayo vs. Miracle Whip sides, myself. We live in a divided house, so anything calling for one or the other must be made twice, and strict segregation is needed!

Damian, congrats on being married now! :) :)

Something else I'd like to recommend - country style ribs. Basically, 'er indoors is a hillbilly, so we invariably eat hillbilly food (which, apart from vile ###### like biscuits & gravy and grits, is very good.) One of her specialities is country style ribs, which are not so much ribs, more like steaks! :lol:

According to her, they're "poor mans' ribs" but quite frankly, you can shove the "rich" alternative (babyback ribs) where the sun don't shine. I gotta a belly-full of country ribs in me, and dey da BOMB!! :dance:

Edit: 'er indoors has just told me to tell "y'all" (lol @ hillbilly speak :lol:) that you MUST use Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce, or it don't work. OK then :lol:

Biscuits and gravy are THE BEST breakfast food!! Don't judge the whole dish based on what you get at some diner! Really good breakfast sausage and fresh biscuits from scratch taste very different!! I am always disappointed by what I get when it's produced in large quantities.

Grits (and their sister-food Cream of Wheat AKA Farina) are only as good as the stuff you put on/mix in. I hear grits and cheese is popular down south, I eat my cream of wheat with butter and brown sugar!

We over here in America have lots of really good BBQ things. My father cooks country ribs (I like them better too) basted with Secret Sauce that he makes from scratch. I'd tell you how to make it, but then I'd have to kill you...er...I'd also have to know how he does it - I think it changes each time he makes it - a little more liquid smoke or kitchen bouquet, or all out of one ingredient etc...

He's also "famous" for his deviled eggs. These are sort of in the same basket as the secret sauce, though I think the garlic & cyanne pepper amount has steadily increased to the point that they now make you cry...

My own personal weakness is for buffalo wings - they have to be made with Frank's Hot Sauce (SOME similar sauces are acceptable substitutes, but I'm not sure what they are called), or they aren't any good at all. But boy are they bad for you! An entire day's worth of calories in one little order!! I DID miss these when I moved to the midwest for a year - they don't have the stomach for anything approaching spicy in that area.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Congratulations :dance:

Feels good, doesn't it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back on topic, three words: Scattered, smothered and covered. 'Nuff said! (oh, alright, chunked and capped too :D)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

miracle whip is an unfortunately common condiment in american kitchens.

it taste AWFUL.

(while we are on the subject of weird, white-ish foodstuffs, what does salad cream taste like?)

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.