21 posts in this topic

what does really a white slips and blue slip stands for.. i got one during my interview that have a checked marked on Police clearance. although i submitted what they wanted additional document. I dont have a visa yet.

A white paper and a blue paper given to you after your interview are just the same. They are both checklists of the lacking documents you have to submit. The difference is that the white paper contains the Consul's signature, while the blue paper is where you will fill up your basic information.

I was given both and got my visa 3 working days after submitting the required document.

Tell your fiance to follow-up on your case and call the embassy at least 2x a week.

~Chinook

hi! i also got the same set of papers from USEM after my interview last July 13. I was asked to submit my singapore police clearance which I got & submitted on the 20th of July. Been calling USEM and DOS everyday but to no avail. No updates yet. What is the typical timeframe to get the VISA issued since I was told by the CO after the interview that everything else aside from my Singapore Police Clearance is ok. Please give me some advice. My husband needs me to be there as soon as I get it, he's about to be deployed to Afghanistan. Salamat!

to live life to the fullest with my man and our kids

U0oAPTzlzvo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
YUP! NOT DENIED! delayed but not denied! :)

Thanks!! i needed that line to make me feel relieved!! God bless you.

Sorry to have frightened any of you.

Our blue slip was an actual denial. We have been fighting through this since Jan 12th. We are still waiting to be told rather we need to file a waiver.

We were not missing any documents. We were flat denied with a code and its something we are working through now.

I didn't know there was another blue slip out there, so sorry again for that.

Best of luck to you all.

The color of the slips is not standardized at all consulates. Each consulate has it's own system. At the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City the blue slip is a request for additional evidence, while the white slip is a denial. It seems most of the people in this thread are talking about the US Embassy in Manila.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 3 weeks later...
what does really a white slips and blue slip stands for.. i got one during my interview that have a checked marked on Police clearance. although i submitted what they wanted additional document. I dont have a visa yet.

white and blue slip are just the same.you'll get your visa soon.

we got a blue slip it was denial.

it's not a denial.it's just the same as white slip.i got one when i had my interview.it just asked for my NBI clearance with A.K.A,i got my visa after 3wks of submitting the additional doc.

hi, i am just confuse with this nbi with a.k.a, why an aka needed for nbi clearance is it the reason that you use your A.K.A as name on your official documents?

just asking

We received a white and it just said, "We need to do more research on your case." Nothing was marked about missing documents.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone!

i just had my interview today and I was asked to submit add'l document which is my fiance's devorce paper from his first marriage..he didn't submit one. Just curious if i will be interviewed again after submitting it? Is there a possibility that i will get denied on my visa ?

any feedback please???

hello everyone!

i just had my interview today and I was asked to submit add'l document which is my fiance's devorce paper from his first marriage..he didn't submit one. Just curious if i will be interviewed again after submitting it? Is there a possibility that i will get denied on my visa ?

any feedback please???

I cant say specifically for your consulate. They just want proof that your fiance isnt still married, once you have sent the documents, they will review it and do background checks. Probably wont be called for a second interview.

:) Hope this helps.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.