Merrillizer

My wife threw her marriage and life here away

427 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

Dear Merrillizer,

I've been a silent reader of this mile-long thread for quite a while now and I can't help myself wondering why you would give your wife that much power over you. With your ranting here, how criminal she is, what bad things she has done to you etc. you are exactly doing that. You give her much more credit than she deserves!

As other members had mentioned before, you have already done the proper legal steps: You withdrew you support and reported her to the Immigration Office. That's good enough - now let them take care of her!

You need to get her out of your thoughts and move on with your life.

I'm really sorry for what happened to you and your bitterness is understandable, but you don't help yourself with constantly rubbing salt in your wound.

I read you haven't been married very long - 8 months or so (I forgot). That ain't a very long time. You haven't lost that much of your life.

You are still young - your whole life is still ahead of you! Focus on the good things it has to offer you! (F)

I wish you the best for your future! :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm convinced. There was no marriage. Good luck.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This tread has taken a new turn, clueless is trying to say to that Merillz at one point in his relationship must have taken into consideration the "Buyer beware" clause. But Merillz now is defending his action with the "Buyer's remorse" clause........LUVZ IT!!!

And for the use of BIG FONTS, please refrain.....is it really needed? I like the blod, and italics, even the emotions icon. But when i read the big fonts it raises my level of anxiety..... to the point of me sometimes yelling back at my monitor. :blush:

Ok! I will keep my fonts small. I don't want to cause people discomfort. :innocent:

Seriously, though, this thread reminds me of my biggest pet peeve about many USCs: most people in the USA like to be a victim.

The US culture is full of examples of people not wanting to take responsibility for their actions. Instead, these people relish themselves on being victims.

A man gets stuck in a dryer because he thought he could dry his clothes without taking them off ... the dryer manufacturer has to pay for not warning people about the possible consequences of getting into the dryer.

A woman burns herself with hot coffee ... she sues McDonald's for not putting a warning label saying that the coffee was hot and she could get burnt.

Please!!! Grow some B... and take responsibility people. So many stupid laws are in the books in the USA only because people have to have a reason to be a victim.

I wish there was a program by which USCs were sent to some of the countries around the world that do not have it so easy. But not to be tourists living in luxury hotels. Instead, a program to live like the native people live. I can give a few examples, but I will not because I do not want to be accused of slandering these countries. However, the idea is simple: make USCs learn to survive without letting them be victims, just like the people in these countries survive. That would certainly help USCs toughen up their characters.

When you are killed with no recourse just for expressing your political views. When you are persecuted to death for expressing your religious beliefs. When you have no other way to feed yourself than eating whatever has some organic resemblance. When you have to flee your homeland just because the ruler of the time says so. When you are killed in the middle of the street just because you did not want to give the robber your Nike shoes. When you suffer these or other real crimes, you start getting things in perspective and stop being such a whiny victim.

Last time I checked it was called: "taking responsibility for your own life."

This really boils my blood ... I am going to stop beforer I get a stroke, or I will have to sue Merrillizer for causing me pain and suffering :help:

Filed: Other Timeline
Oh god, I've committed a terrible crime....I fell in love with someone I believed was genuine but was really pretended. And they even told me they never loved me and then offered me a contract to remain in the sham marriage after I became suspicious and raised too many questions. Man, I should be in jail. Prison. Work camp. My crime is horrendous. My crime of being stupid and getting duped deserves penalties of the harshest possible manner. But, my "wife" should be rewarded for her glorious attempts to defraud everything in her way, and her acts against me are deserved of the best support and an INSTANT freepass in the U.S.! YAY!

Can you spell exaggerate?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OK folks lets stop bashing M.

Just because he was the one who convinced his wife to stay in the US and get married when she was ready to get on the plane and leave. It's not his fault and she obviously cionived this ultimate plan on her own.

Just because he was snooping on her personal emails and was mad at her for not conforming to his standards. That's not his fault.

Just because he doesn't understand that in her country many families share a bedroom with others and maybe a bed. That's not his fault.

Just because he came storming into the other house and kicked down the door doesn't mean that the woman was scared of him for what he might do. That's not his fault and does not constitute assault setting up a possible VAWA plea.

Just because he has made up his mind now that she never loved him even in the beginning. That's not his fault.

And just because he couldn't walk away from an obvious crime, he is my hero.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I feel this tread is a like a road trip, Merillz is the the driver. His driving is not bad, sometime serving now and then. Members like clueless_usa are riding shotgun and always trying to grab the wheel, other like rebecca are in the backseat "backseat driving". Barron has his head out the window yelling for other drivers to get out of the way!!! I'm also in the back. I have to admit, I like reaching up to the front and honk the horn. :P

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This thread has degenerated into a bickering fest with insults thrown in for good measure. It has outlived its useful life so I am closing it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.