Merrillizer

My wife threw her marriage and life here away

427 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Have you often made gross jokes while with her in pubic?
This is probably the 144th misspelling of this word, si man.

making jokes in pubic, like sticking one's tongue out at clams?

making jokes in pubic, like sticking one's tongue out at clams?
"Devastated by the hurricane, the leaders of the shellfish industry appealed for clam."

With a tread of this magnatude, I almost fell out of my chair :rofl: , when i read these 2 recent post , they both came from left feild, but struck my in the right place (L) . As the later quote came from TBone, which still leaves me giggling. Update on my current status, I have found myself to be loosing focus of my NOA2, Because of this tread i have a have developed a bad habbit of tread surffing for stories now, and not focusing on my set ojectives. Merrillz, i do not blame you for my action, BUT i do hold you accountable!!!

Signed, Lucky :P

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
Mess with the wrong bull, you get the HORNS.

Oh please.

You know what - even if your wife did scam you, I hope she wipes the floor with you.

"Hope". LMFAOLMFAOLMFAO. Hope, my dear rebeccajo, always comes secondary to reality. And you should never deal with things or pass judgement on the basis of emotion instead of thought process and reality. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Keep diggin' though, babe, keep diggin'! You might eventually strike a shaving of gold! :thumbs:

I want me schilling!

i sooooo love this thread
I like the "Good information here" thread (this same forum) even better, si man.

oh yeah i kinda love that too ! wait, i gotta check on whats happening there ( scurries off to ... "good information here") :idea: , ill be back in a few minutes !

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Did I think it was odd for someone to want to marry me so bad after 2 months

The crime is in committing immigration marriage fraud

And you sir are admitting you were a party to this crime. You should have not listened to your lower head and understood what was at stake.

Now you pay the penalty. Let her go and get on with your life.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
Did I think it was odd for someone to want to marry me so bad after 2 months

The crime is in committing immigration marriage fraud

And you sir are admitting you were a party to this crime. You should have not listened to your lower head and understood what was at stake.

Now you pay the penalty. Let her go and get on with your life.

BZZZZZZZZ. No, sir, again, wrong answer. You are the weakest link. I committed no crime, I was in love, and entered into marriage out of true love and companionship. Has it sunk through your skull yet? Nope, probably not. Read my brutha....like Queen Latifah said.....REEEEEEEEAD MY BRUTHA! REEEEEEEAD! :thumbs:

Timeline

I don't mind a nice volley set.

You yourself stated that no respectable women would enter into a Legal Marriage within two months of meeting someone.

Yes, I have made the leap to extend this same ethical level to yourself, meaning no respectable man would enter into a Legal Marriage within two months of meeting someone. You also stated that there was something strange (not your words) about her doing this.

Therefore I made the conclusion that you too understood there was something not quite right about the relationship.

Yes "you were in love" actually was more likely "you were in lust". Big difference.

If you had taken the time to truly get to know this person you probably wouldn't have gone through with it.

Again, Being in Lust is different than Being in Love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two observations, si man:

1. I hope that this thread doesn't get locked before we all learn the outcome of the hearing. If the thread is locked, the OP can begin another to tell us the necessary information.

2. Some posters in this thread appear to be badly abusing their day-passes from the asylum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Two observations, si man:

1. I hope that this thread doesn't get locked before we all learn the outcome of the hearing. If the thread is locked, the OP can begin another to tell us the necessary information.

2. Some posters in this thread appear to be badly abusing their day-passes from the asylum.

It's fine man. You have to keep The Peanut Gallery entertained somehow lol. I have built and Admin'd forums for over 10 years, I have seen it all, and these guys are pussycats. I could send them over to a fishing forum based out of New Jersey, and see how long they last on that one LMFAO. That would be great. Peanuts would be gobbled up in no time.....

Baron, again, you're mistaken. I never said "no respectable women would enter into a Legal Marriage within two months of meeting someone....." You said that, not me. You're just plain putting words into my mouth, for the sake of bettering your argument and debate. Search the thread, I made no such statement. Only you did. What I said was......did I consciously question the idea that this girl wanted to actually MARRY me after only 2 months? That's what I said. And yes, I did question it. But with the Love Blinders on, bad mistakes were made, on my part. And yes, you are right, I am paying for those mistakes now. And I own those mistakes, I take full responsibility for them. And I admit...when I found I was truly scammed, I blamed everything on her. But believe it or not, several people in this thread made me see that I was wrong in doing that. Even after all the attacks on me, I still consider this thread helpful in that it has made me realize my mistakes and that I couldve honestly avoided this whole situation if I had made better choices and been more aware. I think if I had spent more time on this site, and read more threads about this type of thing, I wouldve been more keen to the idea that yeah, even I could be scammed and duped.

I was in love. I thought she loved me enough to stand by me, have a life here and a family with me. I thought she wanted to be a part of my family, as most members of my family went out of their way to accept her. I thought life was grande. But I was wrong. Been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, no doubt. But I certainly wont make the same mistakes again.

And don't worry, I will respectfully follow up on my situation for those who are interested in the outcome after the fireworks on August 24th. I will not get into details and specifics and post personal stuff, but I will post the outcome of the case.

Thanks for the PM's and emails. It sucks having to find out that others have been through something similar, but it is nice to hear from folks that understand. Like anything, there are doubters and there are supporters.

Edited by Merrillizer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
:jest:

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Timeline

I think you have to go to one of you posting, try page 22.......

Would my wife have entered into an actual MARRIAGE, a LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN TWO PARTIES, after 2 months of knowing someone, if she were already a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident? Hmmmm, something tells me NOPE!

These are your own words. What you are saying, if I understand the English, is if this person was already a USC or an LPR, why would they enter into a marriage within 2 months of meeting someone. So by your own words you acknowledge that something was up.....but you went along with it. Maybe your lust (no love) was blinding you. On page 23 you said:

Did I think it was odd for someone to want to marry me so bad after 2 months. Absolutely

Again you acknowledge noticing that something was not quite right but you went ahead with it anyway. Now you are flaming her for visa fraud. If it didn't seem quite right why didn't stop and do your homework about immigration?

Yes I know you have stated that you made a mistake and that you thought you two were in love and then "found out" that she wasn't in love with you.

All the red flags were there but you chose to ignore them. You are as much to blame as her. Was all of your family and your friends 100% behind your marrying this woman?

The reason why I even post here is that this type of thing gets my blood roiling; examples such as this one is what makes it so hard for the rest of us to get our REAL SOs over here. All the signs were there and you ignored them. Thanks a lot.

The reason why I even post here is that this type of thing gets my blood roiling; examples such as this one is what makes it so hard for the rest of us to get our REAL SOs over here. All the signs were there and you ignored them.

I agree with this. Often in threads like this, I see things that contribute to the tough time many of us have trying to bring our spouses or SOs here. Merrillizer admits that he wasn't thinking clearly, and made bad decisions. I still believe that it is the intent of a scammer that concerns consular officers and USCIS. The things she did are the real cause of visa fraud. Bad decisions by the OP may be proximate here, but the intent counts. Attempted contracts to defraud, violence, and eleventh hour allegations of abuse are all a smoke screen to distract a USC from taking the steps that Merrilizer has taken IMO. baron555 is also correct in saying that in most cases (not all), a couple of months just isn't enough time to be sure of each other, and really know each other. If USCs in Merrilizer's situation could wait awhile to marry, some of the intent might surface before the marriage takes place.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline
It's fine man. You have to keep The Peanut Gallery entertained somehow lol. I have built and Admin'd forums for over 10 years, I have seen it all, and these guys are pussycats. I could send them over to a fishing forum based out of New Jersey, and see how long they last on that one LMFAO. That would be great. Peanuts would be gobbled up in no time.....

You should meet PlatyPius. :lol:

Please be careful with the judgemental posts. Thank you very much. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
The reason why I even post here is that this type of thing gets my blood roiling; examples such as this one is what makes it so hard for the rest of us to get our REAL SOs over here. All the signs were there and you ignored them.

I agree with this. Often in threads like this, I see things that contribute to the tough time many of us have trying to bring our spouses or SOs here. Merrillizer admits that he wasn't thinking clearly, and made bad decisions. I still believe that it is the intent of a scammer that concerns consular officers and USCIS. The things she did are the real cause of visa fraud. Bad decisions by the OP may be proximate here, but the intent counts. Attempted contracts to defraud, violence, and eleventh hour allegations of abuse are all a smoke screen to distract a USC from taking the steps that Merrilizer has taken IMO. baron555 is also correct in saying that in most cases (not all), a couple of months just isn't enough time to be sure of each other, and really know each other. If USCs in Merrilizer's situation could wait awhile to marry, some of the intent might surface before the marriage takes place.

Well said Brad.

:thumbs:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Yes this is well said. Granted that there will always be scammers like her because there are knuckleheads like M. So if we could just eliminate the knuckleheads then there wouldn't be a market for the scammers.

It always starts with the man in these types of examples.

Edited by baron555

Well said Brad.

:thumbs:

Thanks daboyz. I once had a Vice Consul tell me that his job #1 was to reject visas for every applicant under 30 if he could (he did not work in an embassy that does K visa interviews). The reason he gave was that 70% of men and 85% of women under 30 from that country simply do not come back after their visit, unless they have a spouse, kids, a business, property etc. Sometimes not even then. He was talking about situations like this one. I can't vouch for the stats, but it makes sense that given we don't send officers chasing around after out-of-status visa recipients, any consular officer or Homeland Security officer worth his salt will always be thinking about scams. It does make it tough to ferret out and deport scammers when the USC is cooperating with them (even due to bad decision making). That is why I don't mind hearing that a USC is going to the mat over what he thinks was a scam. If he is guilty too, or she is justified in her assertion that she should be allowed to stay, the courts will say so. It happens.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.