Merrillizer

My wife threw her marriage and life here away

427 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Would my wife have entered into an actual MARRIAGE, a LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN TWO PARTIES, after 2 months of knowing someone, if she were already a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident?

So, you are agreeing that after only 2 months of knowing each other you too understood it not to be an actual marriage.

You sir are just as much a scammer as her. You used her.

You are just pissed because you lost a good piece, right?

You tell him brother! :thumbs:

^^I don't understand this argument. There are a few things people have been mocking Merrillizer for that I don't understand.

1) the age difference (8 years... I mean, that's not really a record for VJ is it?)

2) the length of courtship (2 months... I've seen more extreme courtship times on here)

and now

3) He's somehow a scammer/user himself, because he was attracted to a "good piece", meaning he married a pretty girl?

I don't get that one :\ There are many people on VisaJourney who could also be labelled "users" then.

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

3) He's somehow a scammer/user himself, because he was attracted to a "good piece", meaning he married a pretty girl?

I don't get that one :\ There are many people on VisaJourney who could also be labelled "users" then.

I'll tell you. He has stated that any "good or real" woman would not have entered into a real (LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT, to borrow his own words) marriage within only having met 2 months prior.

She did and he is using that as part of his "proof" that she was a scammer.

The corollary is also true. If she married within two months knowing is was not a true marriage, then by his own definition, he too entered into the marriage with false pretenses.

Do not be so quick to think that both of these works of art were scamming each other. They were. This is obvious. He is just trying to bluster and smokescreen his way out of it and only blame the woman.

Both were at fault. Well it seems to me that she was the smart one and seized the opportunity to play this unfortunate soul and maybe has and just barely won.

He lost out since she has left him and he has nothing to show for the marriage. His ego is very bruised and he is trying to show that he did nothing wrong.

I am sure his peer pressure is very intense and he must make amends to his local peers.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

1) the age difference (8 years... I mean, that's not really a record for VJ is it?)

True

2) the length of courtship (2 months... I've seen more extreme courtship times on here)

I'm not sure what you mean? What is your definition of courtship? Some folks think that you must visit the other person so many times or you must wait so many years before you become serious. This is an age old question that can only be answered by it depends. Each case is unique.

Yes he married a pretty girl. But he did it within 2 months of meeting her for the first time. That is not normal, even with real international relationships.

I'll tell you. He has stated that any "good or real" woman would not have entered into a real (LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT, to borrow his own words) marriage within only having met 2 months prior.

It is possible to know someone for only 2 months and enter into a "real" marriage. I know this, because I did it. ;)

Just saying, not trying to imply anything towards this situation.

24q38dy.jpg

Timeline

It is possible to know someone for only 2 months and enter into a "real" marriage. I know this, because I did it. ;)

Then your case is the exception. I am sure you will agree to this.

I think it is very clear that both of these folks were scamming each other. Unfortunately maybe both will not get what they were after or maybe one will and the other will not.

I personally don't hold either to any high standard and don't use them as the same.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why do you hate irrational and illegitimate questions ?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline

Ummm, excuse me baron, but I didnt use anyone. And I am certainly not trying to pose as a "mistake-free" humanoid. I made many mistakes, which in some instances is a good thing, because this has been a great learning experience. Did I fall in love? Yes, without question. Was it a mistake? Yes, ultimately, without question. The question is not whether I entered into the marriage for true companionship and a life & family together with this person, it's whether my "wife" did! Did I think it was odd for someone to want to marry me so bad after 2 months. Absolutely. Did I decide to take the risk anyway? Yes. Did I take her words to heart and trust her? YES! Was that a mistake? YES!!! When you're duped, you're duped. Not much I could have done then, and not much I can do now. I was a fool. Yes, it's blatantly obvious, and I am paying for that now. Do I deny being a fool for this girls love, words and promises? NO! Should I have just let her go home last September? YES! And I can guarantee she would never have been around to finish the K-1! This girl was ADAMANT about staying, she did and said everything she could to sell me the idea of staying and not leaving. And I bought it! Yes, I did. All those disingenuous promises.......I fell for them hook, line 'n sinker. But I know for sure I'm not the first dope! And I wont be the last!!!

You keep hammering home your silly insinuation that I "used" this person. However, I did not. I thought I was in love, and made a conscious decision to marry her on my own, because I was under the impression that she was true, genuine and sincere. And even if I did use her for something, it wouldnt matter, and it is not a CRIME anyway! The crime is in committing immigration marriage fraud. Signing a contract to do so, stupid. Telling your own mother-in-law the marriage wasnt real, stupider. Leaving the contract with the person you tried to scam....PRICELESS!

Dovezi = Veritas & Aequitas!

Then your case is the exception. I am sure you will agree to this.

I would absolutely agree that we are an exception. Our situation is rather different and unusual. ;) I think in many cases, especially one like the OP's, it would be suspicious.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi, excuse me for interrupting I was searching around and ran across this post, that was 2 hours ago. After reading 90% of all replies ( turn of my tv, and cell phone). I didnt want any destraction after reading the 1st couple of of pages. I feel that the OP has captivated me with his story. At one point i could even visualize him at his place near the beach with binoculars trying to spying on his wife. Right now im on the fence I wanna believe this pitifull story, But the little devils(i.e :devil: knight,rebecc, len.....) on my shoulder keep calling Merillr a troll, that like to fart and laugh about. I will be staying tuned in for any developing facts that might be revealed. I hope Merillz ends this one really good, not like that stupid final eposide of 24.

P.s. :devil: little devils, please PM me if any new development happens.(something to the effect that would make me drop my coffee i if was reading it)

FeelingLucky Tonight :P

Merillz, after observing countless attacks in regards to the integrity of your mindset, I, feelinglucky have came to the descision that the above situation posted by you is infact true, i find no evidence supporting members claim that OP is trolling. I have note responses, when members have tried to attack you at a personel level, basing their opioion not with facts, but emtions accquired during the heat of battle. But your replies to rebut their statements have been infact based on actual rules and regulations under immigration law. Therefore, On this day 17th of June 2009, i have concured with OP statements, my findings are you have made a sincere attempt at posting. There appears to be no missrepresentation of the facts. I hearby, deny the motion that the OP is posting with ill will. Effective immediatly, you know can post with out any futhur prejudace. My freinds the line has been drawn in the sand. Which side will you stand with.

Plantiff: Knight, rebecca,len...

Defendant: Merillz

Case Name: Accused of trolling with the intent to provoke an emtional response (is there a penal code for trolling ????)

Verdict: Not guilty, but by no means innocent

p.s. Merillz that thing you metioned early on with regards to farting......(whispering softly) didnt help your case.

Signed, Lucky :P

Round 1 (K-1)

Mar-16-09: interview (blue slip)

Mar-25-09: returned with blue slip denied, (white slip)

Jun-04-09: nvc received returned petition

Jun-08-09: nvc forwards to uscis

Jun-19-09: noa3 uscis received ( pending under review)

Sep-17-09 : touched!!!

Sep-21-09: Notice of Decesion, Expired free to file again

Round 2 (K-1)

(1st denied case received & forward dates at NVC,and 2nd refiling & noa1 at uscis are identical ....how ironic)

I-129F sent: Jun 04-09

noa1 recvd: Jun 08-09

noa2: Sep-17-09 APPROVED

noa2 Hard Copy: Sep 21-09 called CSC said not approved still pending in system (#######!!!!)

noa3 recvd: Nov 25-09 USCIS is reopening case NOA2 was issued in error.(Government Motion to Reopen)

RFE ( NOID) recvd: Dec 18-09 ask to give rebuttal on consulate finding regarding 1st petition

RFE sent: Dec 20-09 rebuttal submitted plus able to front load additional proof.

noa4 recvd: Dec 28-09 APPROVED FINALLY

NVC recvd: Jan 04-10

NVC left: Jan 12-10

Consulate Recvd: Feb 05-10

Packet 3 submitted: Feb 09-10

Packet 4 Recvd: April 16-10

Interview : May 12-10...PINK SLIP already on the table (2years 1week later)

Visa Pickup: May 28-10 In Hand!!

POE: May 29-2010 LAX

Feelinglucky Tonight

Hi, excuse me for interrupting I was searching around and ran across this post, that was 2 hours ago. After reading 90% of all replies ( turn of my tv, and cell phone). I didnt want any destraction after reading the 1st couple of of pages. I feel that the OP has captivated me with his story. At one point i could even visualize him at his place near the beach with binoculars trying to spying on his wife. Right now im on the fence I wanna believe this pitifull story, But the little devils(i.e :devil: knight,rebecc, len.....) on my shoulder keep calling Merillr a troll, that like to fart and laugh about. I will be staying tuned in for any developing facts that might be revealed. I hope Merillz ends this one really good, not like that stupid final eposide of 24.

P.s. :devil: little devils, please PM me if any new development happens.(something to the effect that would make me drop my coffee i if was reading it)

FeelingLucky Tonight :P

Merillz, after observing countless attacks in regards to the integrity of your mindset, I, feelinglucky have came to the descision that the above situation posted by you is infact true, i find no evidence supporting members claim that OP is trolling. I have note responses, when members have tried to attack you at a personel level, basing their opioion not with facts, but emtions accquired during the heat of battle. But your replies to rebut their statements have been infact based on actual rules and regulations under immigration law. Therefore, On this day 17th of June 2009, i have concured with OP statements, my findings are you have made a sincere attempt at posting. There appears to be no missrepresentation of the facts. I hearby, deny the motion that the OP is posting with ill will. Effective immediatly, you know can post with out any futhur prejudace. My freinds the line has been drawn in the sand. Which side will you stand with.

Plantiff: Knight, rebecca,len...

Defendant: Merillz

Case Name: Accused of trolling with the intent to provoke an emtional response (is there a penal code for trolling ????)

Verdict: Not guilty, but by no means innocent

p.s. Merillz that thing you metioned early on with regards to farting......(whispering softly) didnt help your case.

Signed, Lucky :P

the farting ( do we really need to whisper ?) was used as a concrete example to justify the facts and to provide a clearer view of merillz legal strategy.

carry on guys.

i sooooo love this thread :content:

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
i sooooo love this thread
I like the "Good information here" thread (this same forum) even better, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

i sooooo love this thread
I like the "Good information here" thread (this same forum) even better, si man.

Yes, that one is getting very interesting as well! :yes:

24q38dy.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.