Merrillizer

My wife threw her marriage and life here away

427 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
Why do you need to know where she spends the summer? It's over with, don't even be curious about her whereabouts. Tell your mom also....you don't even want to hear about her from your mom.

Why, because I am still legally married to her, and I am still "technically" responsible for her. Add to that the fact that even if it was fraud, I cant stop myself from actually caring about this person. I have tried everything I could to not give a #######, but I guess I really do have a heart, and I am unable to just drop someone from my memory and wipe them away. Sometimes I wish I could, but I cant. If she tries to overstay her expired visa for a few more months, she could be detained. Do I want that? No. I honestly think it would be better for everyone if she just went home willfully. So yeah, I am still worried about her, regardless if our marriage and love was legit or fake. I guess its just too hard for me to just wash away the last 8 or 9 months of my life and pretend I never met her and we never happened. Cant do it....

What DO you want? One minute you're ranting about how evil she is and you want her gone, and the next, this. She has you totally wrapped around her finger. What indication has she given you that she actually cares about you? I'm not trying to be nasty here, ok? It just seems obvious to me (and I think many others reading) that she used you from the very beginning, and she continues to manipulate you to get what she wants, which is to stay here. I honestly don't understand why anyone would accept being used by someone in this way. It's cruel, and coldhearted.

Well yeah, she has put me through the wringer. I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it. I guess I just have to do what makes me feel better. For awhile I did think being vengeful and spiteful made me feel better, and maybe it did give me some sort of satisfaction or a momentary feeling of happiness. But in the end, I do not want to do that. In the end it didnt help, it only made me feel worse. Thinking bad all the time was destroying me, I was withering away. I am not allowed to communicate with her, but I know she still checks up on me, she has her ways. If she didnt ever really ever care about me, she wouldnt be doing those things, and she certainly couldve waited another month or so for our interview. I am going to remain positive and move on, and if trying to help her makes me feel better, then thats what I will do too. I cant just dump people off. Maybe I should. But I really cant. I am learning a lot about myself during terrible experience, so she has done me some great favors in this awful situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
What DO you want? One minute you're ranting about how evil she is and you want her gone, and the next, this. She has you totally wrapped around her finger. What indication has she given you that she actually cares about you? I'm not trying to be nasty here, ok? It just seems obvious to me (and I think many others reading) that she used you from the very beginning, and she continues to manipulate you to get what she wants, which is to stay here. I honestly don't understand why anyone would accept being used by someone in this way. It's cruel, and coldhearted.

Well he's on an emotional roller coaster and also taking a lot of confusing pressure from different people.

He's taken a lot of ###### for being vindictive, so I think it natural to start couching things in a more conciliatory tone.

I think you are right. Why do people accept such cruelty? Because they don't know better.

If she didnt ever really ever care about me, she wouldnt be doing those things

Were I her, I would be keeping a close eye on you too. But not because I cared about you.

Well, I'm no better man than the next guy.

Grateful, that's for sure.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Why do you need to know where she spends the summer? It's over with, don't even be curious about her whereabouts. Tell your mom also....you don't even want to hear about her from your mom.

Why, because I am still legally married to her, and I am still "technically" responsible for her. Add to that the fact that even if it was fraud, I cant stop myself from actually caring about this person. I have tried everything I could to not give a #######, but I guess I really do have a heart, and I am unable to just drop someone from my memory and wipe them away. Sometimes I wish I could, but I cant. If she tries to overstay her expired visa for a few more months, she could be detained. Do I want that? No. I honestly think it would be better for everyone if she just went home willfully. So yeah, I am still worried about her, regardless if our marriage and love was legit or fake. I guess its just too hard for me to just wash away the last 8 or 9 months of my life and pretend I never met her and we never happened. Cant do it....

Well yeah, she has put me through the wringer. I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it. I guess I just have to do what makes me feel better. For awhile I did think being vengeful and spiteful made me feel better, and maybe it did give me some sort of satisfaction or a momentary feeling of happiness. But in the end, I do not want to do that. In the end it didnt help, it only made me feel worse. Thinking bad all the time was destroying me, I was withering away. I am not allowed to communicate with her, but I know she still checks up on me, she has her ways. If she didnt ever really ever care about me, she wouldnt be doing those things, and she certainly couldve waited another month or so for our interview. I am going to remain positive and move on, and if trying to help her makes me feel better, then thats what I will do too. I cant just dump people off. Maybe I should. But I really cant. I am learning a lot about myself during terrible experience, so she has done me some great favors in this awful situation.

The bolded part above is where I see that you are hanging onto what you WANT to believe rather than facts. Has it ever crossed your mind that her keeping tabs on you is merely a way to keep using you if she needs too?

You tried being vengeful and spiteful and it didn't make you feel better? Of course not, because it is all intertwined. By letting someone manipulate you what you are saying is "I am not a good person, and I deserve to be walked on". Is that really how you want to be?

To move on you don't need revenge, and you don't need to help her. You merely realize that a person that is capable of using another person, then trashing their heart was never a person worthy of love or respect in the beginning. If you love yourself enough you can walk away. If not you will wallow in self pity and find yet another person that will use you. Is that really what you are looking for?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

sucks2xu0.jpg

:rofl:

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Don't feel sad for the OP.

Darwin wins again.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Merrillizer, be honest...you got back together didn't you? It's ok, no need to be embarrssed, life is wht life is... :whistle:

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

killitwithfire.jpg

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

We all love HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!

Next time, if you get screwed again, we won't blame you or your SO, we'll just blame your mother, right guys?:)

Take care. Glad to see you're in a better state of mind than before

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline
Merrillizer, be honest...you got back together didn't you? It's ok, no need to be embarrssed, life is wht life is... :whistle:

LMFAO!!! Thanks for the pics! I added them to my archive ;)

No, we are not back together. But thanks for the positive thought lol.

evenjesusislaughing.jpg

Edited by Merrillizer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LMFAO!!! Thanks for the pics! I added them to my archive ;)

No, we are not back together. But thanks for the positive thought lol.

evenjesusislaughing.jpg

I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but after reading it all I see where you have been an emotional roller coaster through the whole thread! One minute you want to turn her in to immigration, and the next you wish she would come back to you, even after she has been sleeping with another man! Ok, so you lost 8 or 9 months of your life? That's really not that much time to lose at this point. What if you would of had kids with this gal and 5 years from now she left you? Then you would have child supposrt on top of many other issues. Feel fortunate it never went that far. As far as her original intentions, we may never know. I think her ideas of a "rosey" life with you never blossomed for whatever reason(s). I think originally you wanted payback for what she apparently done to you. I think at this stage you only wish it turned out like you imagined it would in your head. Now is NOW! This is reality! This situation is what it is...Let her go. I personally still think your hanging on for the full ride. This may cause you more grief and emotional trama before its all over for you. It's called, "Letting Go!" I don't think she honestly loves you. Maybe cares a little about you as a person, but doesn't love you. Not trying to be abrasive, but honestly look within yourself and what is reality in your life right now. Stop hanging on through this hell you talk of and start the healing process inside your heart and head. Hating her or showing angry for her only takes away energy from yourself to continue doing that each day. Wondering what she is doing, and where she is at each day takes that much more energy away from you. Do you still care about her? Apparently, you do. I don't think honestly she feels the same about you. Move on and start to heal.....

The bolded part above is where I see that you are hanging onto what you WANT to believe rather than facts. Has it ever crossed your mind that her keeping tabs on you is merely a way to keep using you if she needs too?

You tried being vengeful and spiteful and it didn't make you feel better? Of course not, because it is all intertwined. By letting someone manipulate you what you are saying is "I am not a good person, and I deserve to be walked on". Is that really how you want to be?

To move on you don't need revenge, and you don't need to help her. You merely realize that a person that is capable of using another person, then trashing their heart was never a person worthy of love or respect in the beginning. If you love yourself enough you can walk away. If not you will wallow in self pity and find yet another person that will use you. Is that really what you are looking for?

ill try to sum it up : the OP is "in denial" :unsure:

ill try to sum it up : the OP is "in denial" :unsure:

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.