Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 10

3,986 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you everyone.

Jodee (F)

I try to tell him there's more to life when you're 16, like GIRLS!! But he doesn't have much of a social life.

My son has three or four really good friends that he talks/texts with regularly. He was in a relationship for a year and they broke up this year. He recently started dating an exchange student from Korea who will be returning for college at UW in the fall. I worried that he spent too much time reading/doing homework/nerding out, but he's happy. He's also very self-confident without being a jerk. I've had to really back off and just let him be himself.

For graduation here's what he asked for: the book Link about the missing link recently found, another book called 1421: The Year China Discovered America and some Boetheus. #######, indeed!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Thank you everyone.

Jodee (F)

I try to tell him there's more to life when you're 16, like GIRLS!! But he doesn't have much of a social life.

My son has three or four really good friends that he talks/texts with regularly. He was in a relationship for a year and they broke up this year. He recently started dating an exchange student from Korea who will be returning for college at UW in the fall. I worried that he spent too much time reading/doing homework/nerding out, but he's happy. He's also very self-confident without being a jerk. I've had to really back off and just let him be himself.

For graduation here's what he asked for: the book Link about the missing link recently found, another book called 1421: The Year China Discovered America and some Boetheus. #######, indeed!

#######.... maybe your kid and scandal's kid are really **gasp** mine and Bren's??????????? :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Jundp, Congrats to your son, thats awesome news.

My daughter is 15, about to be 16, and also about to be a Junior in the fall at High School. She is taking a online college class at the moment, to keep her mind active during the summer, as she slackened off a bit towards the end of this year, and her grades were not as good as they should of been.

She already has a few credits ahead to fall baclk on , but a few more wont hurt either. She has taken a class that can contribute towards her H?S transcript, and her college transcript.

On another note,..I had two skin cancers cut off me yesterday, one on my neck, one on my hand. They hurt like hell.

Sorry to hear about the cancers :(

Were they biopsied? Basal cells, melanomas?

I had a Level III melanoma on my back 20 years ago. By all rights it should have killed me. I was lucky as all get out. Still here today.

I also had a basal cell on my nose 3 years ago - they whacked off a good chunk of the right side of my nose and grafted it from my shoulder. For the first 6 months I looked like Frankenstein. I still notice it all the time, but most people can't even tell anymore.

About kids, mine are 16, 13, 11. The oldest will be 17 in Sept, he has one more year of high school and then wants to do either math or physics at university. He's doing AP classes in calculus and physics and is "bored". #######. So he writes Java apps for Runescape, his online game thing. #######. A true geek. No idea where that comes from. :whistle: I try to tell him there's more to life when you're 16, like GIRLS!! But he doesn't have much of a social life. I think he just surfs for p0rn. He doesn't talk much to me. Kids these days.

Anyway, I haven't seen them since Dec. They live with my ex in Brazil. I'm going there in July for a week. Just hoping she doesn't skip town with them. Ok, never mind, back to n00bz pwning.

They were sent of yesterday for biopsy. I had a basal cell several years ago on my left arm. These ones now I think were squamous cells. They have appeared on my right side because thats the drivers side of the car at home,..and I always had the window down,...lol

I try to be very conscientious when it comes to this. My grandfather nearly died as a result of a melanoma on his head, that spread down to his shoulder. He survived, but had a crater sized indent in the top of his head. He always roused on me as a teenager whenever I got sunburnt.

I cannot understand schools here in regards to this. At home, if the kids did not have a hat, and glasses on, they could not play PE. Here, the kids are not allowed to wear hats, or sunglasses whilst doing outdoor PE, and we live in the middle of the damn desert!. I would like to see that reversed.

I'll let you guys know what comes back

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, Len, when the sun shines just right, his hair is reddish....

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
They were sent of yesterday for biopsy. I had a basal cell several years ago on my left arm. These ones now I think were squamous cells. They have appeared on my right side because thats the drivers side of the car at home,..and I always had the window down,...lol

I try to be very conscientious when it comes to this. My grandfather nearly died as a result of a melanoma on his head, that spread down to his shoulder. He survived, but had a crater sized indent in the top of his head. He always roused on me as a teenager whenever I got sunburnt.

I cannot understand schools here in regards to this. At home, if the kids did not have a hat, and glasses on, they could not play PE. Here, the kids are not allowed to wear hats, or sunglasses whilst doing outdoor PE, and we live in the middle of the damn desert!. I would like to see that reversed.

I'll let you guys know what comes back

Yeah, hope the biopsies come back ok. Squamous cells are usually pretty tame, I think. Don't spread much.

Your grand dad is right about covering up. And you're right about attitudes here. I think Australia has been on the warpath about skin cancer much more so than in this country.

#######.... maybe your kid and scandal's kid are really **gasp** mine and Bren's??????????? :blink:

:rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jen, congrats to your son :)

jodee, wish u a speed recovery (F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
:ph34r:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I heard this old song on the radio today...it said "shut your flapping fanny"...4hrs later and I still can't stop laughing about it.

And what genres of music was it? :unsure:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Today was Sean's last day of high school.

Not sure how I feel about that.... I'll let you know Sunday night or Monday morning after he's graduated and I've handed his diploma to the principal to give to him if I'm a blubbering mess. Who'd have thought we'd get here, he'd graduate with honors, and be ready to start college to get a degree in archaeology?

I'm a tad emotional :)

That's wonderful, congrats :star:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Ah, of course, the Dr's appointment. Great news re that - not so much re the car. Hope you get it fixed.

When are you dragon rowing? This weekend :o???

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
:unsure: if I didn't have to wake up so early tomorrow I would probably get really drunk tonight just to try to make sense of what's going on

:rofl:

There aint nothin goin on! I just got a bunch of fvckin idots followin my posts :rofl: They follow me everywhere. They cant help it, :rofl:

I think i'll go cook some good food and go to bed. wonderin what the brain dead will do till I come back. Go to sleep a follower? will wake up one as well!

CYA!

umm who is following who?.. you never post in this thread.. you posted here after spooky or uscandual posted here... :P

he's posted 35 times in this thread as of the time of my post........

well, that is just a drop in the bucket compared to the over 3000 posts in this thread :P and last night he posted here after uscandual.....:P

yet still........you're wrong with your earlier statement....

oh no.... I was wrong so sue me.. :P

but have you ever heard of exaggerating something to make a point :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif