Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 10

3,986 posts in this topic

Hey Amby, how you feeling today?

I am finally feeling at least 2 dimensional, if not quite 3 :D

Brown bridesmaids, and footing the bill too? Not sure I approve!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If two ghey men in Cali have a baby does one of them get paid maternity leave?

only if one of them is an illegal

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I wonder if this is a case of a Bridzilla? Someone who dresses the bridesmaids as ugly as possible in order to feel more beautiful? Weddings are such a minefield!

I still wouldn't pay for my own bridesmaid's dress, unless there was a compelling reason to do so...

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Speaking off --- I was watching some of the wedding related shows about 2 weeks ago.. there is one actually called Bridezilla or something.... who the FFF would marry those ranting b1tches is beyond me. Another one was about rich peoples' weddings: get this ---- 1.6 million bucks for an Indian wedding in San Antonio :blink:

Crazy! Absolutely crazy - there is no good reason to spend that kind of money on any wedding, no matter who you are. Well, that's my opinion anyway. I can't see how a wedding is better because of it being more expensive, in fact, quite the opposite for the most part.

Seriously -- I was beyond :blink: ---I think they had something like 1,200 guests and whatnot. Peacock feathers in the damn centerpieces, blah blah.

Made me wonder where they would live, if they -bride's dad- could afford such a lavish wedding??? :wow:

p.s. the bride was f-ugly. maybe overcompensating???? :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Karma is a b!tch. Went out all happy this morning and bought my The Sims 3 copy that I had reserved. Got home and my DVD drive is dead. So now I have the game in front of me but can't play it. :(

Tomorrow I'll go buy a new drive. Blah!

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Indeed. I can't work out though, if she is paying for just the extra half inch, or the whole dress :P

Sorry people...I fell asleep :( Still feeling like #######. I have to pay for the whole dress. It's around $300 because of the extra length and I waited to order it too late and it has to be rushed. I'll also have to have it hemmed which will set me back more money. I've been in a few weddings and I've always had to pay for the dress. I never understood that. My aunt paid for her bridesmaids dresses instead of giving them an expensive gift for being in the wedding. My cousin had her bridesmaids buy their dresses but gave them $400 Coach purses for being in the wedding. That didn't really make sense.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

How is that 'Karma'. Being happy is not bad Karma, well not in my book anyway.

How can one be on intimate terms with 1200 people, enough to want to have them all at the wedding? I know some people believe that an ostentatious show of wealth is important in order to bolster their status - still doesn't mean I am going to buy into it though :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Indians are big on wedding, its such a waste of money. They sell their land, take loans and all that shiz just to give the girl a big lavish wedding, and everything is footed by the father of the bride plus add dowry gifts to it.

A normal wedding costs anywhere from 15k to as much as you can spend in India. Brides family has to give gifts to every other relative. And the fiesta last anywhere from 3 to 7 days. I have always loathed Indian wedding parties.....argh!

And yes I have seen that Bridezilla t.v series, watched a couple of episodes before changing to something else. I just don't get the whole crazyness behind wedding celebration.

Indeed. I can't work out though, if she is paying for just the extra half inch, or the whole dress :P

Sorry people...I fell asleep :( Still feeling like #######. I have to pay for the whole dress. It's around $300 because of the extra length and I waited to order it too late and it has to be rushed. I'll also have to have it hemmed which will set me back more money. I've been in a few weddings and I've always had to pay for the dress. I never understood that. My aunt paid for her bridesmaids dresses instead of giving them an expensive gift for being in the wedding. My cousin had her bridesmaids buy their dresses but gave them $400 Coach purses for being in the wedding. That didn't really make sense.

Aww, being poisoned is exhausting. Nap all you like :)

I don't get it either but, I guess if you agreed to it? Silly thing is, a bridesmaid's dress is generally absolutely useless afterward - they are always so obviously bridesmaid's dresses and not something one would be seen wearing at any other time.

Aww, being poisoned is exhausting. Nap all you like :)

I don't get it either but, I guess if you agreed to it? Silly thing is, a bridesmaid's dress is generally absolutely useless afterward - they are always so obviously bridesmaid's dresses and not something one would be seen wearing at any other time.

With the color of this one, maybe I could attend a Christmas ball :lol:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.