Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 10

3,986 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I don't think we're being fair. Doctors don't suck, they do the best they can with the severely limited knowledge they have of the human body.

I have a number of symptoms, the most irritating one is the twitch in my mouth when I talk for a while. It started recently and it's very problematic because I have to talk a lot at work and I can't have this ####### happening whenever I do. I was away on a mini-vacation all weekend all symptoms had vanished. Now that I'm back at work my jaw hurts again, feels weak and when I talk too much it twitches. I wonder if anyone can see it, though. My wife has never seen it. My family has never seen it. My doctor hasn't seen it. My coworkers, if they've seen it, aren't letting it on. I can't possibly be imagining this.

Stress related?

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Maybe you're allergic to something all 3 countries put in the water to clean it.

I originally figured it was the water too as it happened originally in London. However, I live in a farm in the US. We have well water which has NOTHING added to it AT ALL! And it still happened there. A LOT less, but still present!

I've thought of trying to take a shower once or twice at Del's dads house. He has a deep well which is the same as my water at home (totally clean with nothing added). So as I still had the problem at home, I doubt that will help.

The doctors in all three countries seemed to think I have a problem produces natural oils for my skin -so when I take a shower the oils that I do produce get washed away (I can't use real soap for instance or it's absolutely unbearable! And when I wash my hair I bend over so none of the soap touches my body. They have special soap that doesn't include the same stuff that I can use for my body).

I dont know. I just feel like there should be some sort of steriod pill I can take to make my body produce the oils or something. And it's ONLY my arms and legs, not the core of my body, but the doctors seemed to think that was normal.

Edited by Marina-Del

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Timeline
I don't think we're being fair. Doctors don't suck, they do the best they can with the severely limited knowledge they have of the human body.

I have a number of symptoms, the most irritating one is the twitch in my mouth when I talk for a while. It started recently and it's very problematic because I have to talk a lot at work and I can't have this ####### happening whenever I do. I was away on a mini-vacation all weekend all symptoms had vanished. Now that I'm back at work my jaw hurts again, feels weak and when I talk too much it twitches. I wonder if anyone can see it, though. My wife has never seen it. My family has never seen it. My doctor hasn't seen it. My coworkers, if they've seen it, aren't letting it on. I can't possibly be imagining this.

Stress related?

That's what the doctor says. But I interpret a stress/anxiety diagnosis as "I don't know".

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Stress related?

That's what the doctor says. But I interpret a stress/anxiety diagnosis as "I don't know".

Dude, anxiety is a very real freaking diagnosis.

Timeline

Dude, anxiety is a very real freaking diagnosis.

I'm torn on this one. I do agree full heartedly that anxiety and stress can be real diagnosis's (that's one they have given me for the itching too!), but at the same time...can't they fix that too! :blush: I just want to be fixed!!

But if the problems went away while you were on holiday, it does sound like it's stress related!

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

I don't buy it.

:angry: , it doesn't matter whether you buy it or not chopf@ck. Seriously, anxiety can and does trigger physical responses that are the sh1ts. me? my skin looks awful, my mouth dries to the point of choking, my heart beat goes berserk and my shoulder blades feel like they will explode. And no, I am not kidding.

I don't buy it.

:angry: , it doesn't matter whether you buy it or not chopf@ck. Seriously, anxiety can and does trigger physical responses that are the sh1ts. me? my skin looks awful, my mouth dries to the point of choking, my heart beat goes berserk and my shoulder blades feel like they will explode. And no, I am not kidding.

it's really true...stress/anxiety does all sorts of stuff to your body

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

amby - dr doesnt think so.

len - maybe.

one more thing i've noticed, eating helps a lot. usually after a twitch there's this residual feeling of achy/weakness, but then i eat and it goes away. veggies dont do it tho, has to be something unhealthy.

amby - dr doesnt think so.

len - maybe.

one more thing i've noticed, eating helps a lot. usually after a twitch there's this residual feeling of achy/weakness, but then i eat and it goes away. veggies dont do it tho, has to be something unhealthy.

hmmmm...addicted to food additives! actually I'm going to research this today because I'm really interested in finding out what it is and I have nothing else to do :) It will help me in my goal of doing nothing :P

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

It has to be something unhealthy? That's strange. Maybe this is your bodies way of telling you to eat more fat?

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process

It has to be something unhealthy? That's strange. Maybe this is your bodies way of telling you to eat more fat?

Last thing I need is more fat :lol:

Timeline

PS. We should start a Dr. House thread!

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

ROC

DCF Process