yabasta

help with non arrival of packet 4

18 posts in this topic

I need advice on the best thing to do.

I know my interview is July 10th in London but i have not received my packet 4 in the mail. I have emailed the embassy to say i have not got my packet 4 but of course they have not responded to me. I tried to book my medical in the hopes that my packet 4 would be along soon after but they told me i needed my packet 4. So what do i do?

Any ideas f the best thing to do?

thanks

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

I need advice on the best thing to do.

I know my interview is July 10th in London but i have not received my packet 4 in the mail. I have emailed the embassy to say i have not got my packet 4 but of course they have not responded to me. I tried to book my medical in the hopes that my packet 4 would be along soon after but they told me i needed my packet 4. So what do i do?

Any ideas f the best thing to do?

thanks

This might be a good reason to call the 1.30 quid a minute line, dont have the number, but call em & ask them to send you out another pack, as it didnt arrive yet, you will need the letter to get you into the Embassy, call them, & good luck :thumbs:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Thanks Euro

I called the number. I got through to Glasgow. What? Glasgow? I explained to the very helpful Scottish lady the problem. I didn`t explain well enough though as i think she though i was asking about a tourist via or something. Anyway she then finally found me and said that she had no record of an interview date for me. So i was naturally confused. I explained that i had had both an email from the COnsular and that i had contacted the Department of state on the phone and been told of this. I explained that i could not book my medical because they said i needed the letter. She then said i would need to contact the Embassy. I told the lady that i thought this was the number for the embassy. She told me that it was a call centre in Glasgow that has no dealings with the Embassy. So she told me to email them. I said i had emailed them and had no reply. I am really pissed off with this now.

Anybody have any other ideas? I don`t really want to turn up in July havign not had a medical and with no letter saying hey it`s me. So any ideas? thanks

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

Whoever told you at the medical that you needed the letter lied to you...

All you need is a case number to go to the medical.... I booked my husband for his even before we sent packet 3 (look at my timeline), they asked me if I had an interview date and I said no, and she said that's not a problem, she then asked me when I wanted the appointment for, so I said when is the nest available date, and she told me, and I could even choose the time!

If I was you, I would call the doctor's again and try to book the appointment.

When did you email the Embassy? Best is to wait for their response, I found that the DISinformation line was just a very expensive JOKE... I have read that they are taking their time in responding, think is their busiest time..

Good luck...

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi...

Call DOS...202.663.1225 Tell them what's happened, and they can contact LND to perhaps get another one sent out.

I wrote you regarding the medical on another post...but, all you need is your case number and they will book it. They did it for my hubby 2 weeks ago, and he had his on Wednesday. We didn't have an interview date when we booked it. All we had was a case #

Call central booking and they'll set it up.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Whoever told you at the medical that you needed the letter lied to you...

All you need is a case number to go to the medical.... I booked my husband for his even before we sent packet 3 (look at my timeline), they asked me if I had an interview date and I said no, and she said that's not a problem, she then asked me when I wanted the appointment for, so I said when is the nest available date, and she told me, and I could even choose the time!

If I was you, I would call the doctor's again and try to book the appointment.

When did you email the Embassy? Best is to wait for their response, I found that the DISinformation line was just a very expensive JOKE... I have read that they are taking their time in responding, think is their busiest time..

Good luck...

thanks

The person who anmswered the phone in Knightsbridge told me that i could nto book my medicla so i pretty much have to go by what they tell me. The Glasgow call centre was a joke as she didn`t even have a record of my interview date.

I emailed London some time ago now. I have emailed them before so i know they are slack as hell. I just would have expected a response by now. I think i will call the actual Embassy on Monday morning and hope that London number doesn`t divert to an Iraqi call centre or whatever else is next in this messed up system.

Thanks for your advice. I will call the medical centre again on Monday.

Hi...

Call DOS...202.663.1225 Tell them what's happened, and they can contact LND to perhaps get another one sent out.

I wrote you regarding the medical on another post...but, all you need is your case number and they will book it. They did it for my hubby 2 weeks ago, and he had his on Wednesday. We didn't have an interview date when we booked it. All we had was a case #

Call central booking and they'll set it up.

Thanks

I swear the medical centre in Knightsbridge told me that i could not book a medical with them without my letter from the embassy. I am not lying.

:crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

She didn't mean you were lying...she meant the person at Knightsbridge-LOL

They gave you misinformation, which sucks...but call again, and do not accept a negative answer. Speak with the office manager if you have to. So many ppl have done this before getting the packets. Give 'em a phone again on monday and book you're appt. :thumbs:

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

O.K. i will thanks. I am just really stressed out and pissed off. It is getting close and i am worried i won`t have my letter or my medical by the 10th and i just spent a few quid to call a woman in Soctland who knows nothing. She was very helpful but she couldn`t help. :-s

Thanks to VJ for your help everybody. W eneed to get the best people from VJ working for the state and then the state will be like a super efficient helpful system, well maybe.

I have an appointment with the community nurse on Monday so i have the day off. I don`t suppose anybody can guide me to the vaccinations i need? I can`t find them anywhere. I know somebody posted them aswell.

O.K. i will thanks. I am just really stressed out and pissed off. It is getting close and i am worried i won`t have my letter or my medical by the 10th and i just spent a few quid to call a woman in Soctland who knows nothing. She was very helpful but she couldn`t help. :-s

Thanks to VJ for your help everybody. W eneed to get the best people from VJ working for the state and then the state will be like a super efficient helpful system, well maybe.

I have an appointment with the community nurse on Monday so i have the day off. I don`t suppose anybody can guide me to the vaccinations i need? I can`t find them anywhere. I know somebody posted them aswell.

here ya go...Good Luck :thumbs:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Thanks again.

:angry: Think you and I got the same caseworker or something, we are getting nowhere fast in this!

B

Hang in there. Think about how much you will appreciate the visa after the hassle you have been through to get it... Yes i am trying the same thing on myself. haha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

:angry: Think you and I got the same caseworker or something, we are getting nowhere fast in this!

B

Hang in there. Think about how much you will appreciate the visa after the hassle you have been through to get it... Yes i am trying the same thing on myself. haha

Yeah yeah yeah yadda yadda, given the spill a hundred times myself! :yes: Really hope you get that packet soon! When did they tell you they posted it out?

B

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

They said they mailed it on the 14th. I emailed them after about 4 or 5 days and have not had a response, not even the standard we will reply one day response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.