elephantmaniac22

Question about sending originals

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, I am fairly new here and have been busy getting my I-129F ready to be sent. I have a question about the stuff I will need to send to my fiance. I have all the originals of everything ready to send him, however, I am not sure about sending the cards and letters he has sent me. Will he get them back after he goes in for his interview or should I just send him copies too??? I do not want to loose all the letters he has sent me.

Thanks for any help!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Only send originals of items that require originals / certified copies to be submitted. Don't count on getting anything back.

But you will get a nice looking visa attached to your passport at the end of the process. :)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Hi, I am fairly new here and have been busy getting my I-129F ready to be sent. I have a question about the stuff I will need to send to my fiance. I have all the originals of everything ready to send him, however, I am not sure about sending the cards and letters he has sent me. Will he get them back after he goes in for his interview or should I just send him copies too??? I do not want to loose all the letters he has sent me.

Thanks for any help!!

We didn't get anything back from our petition packet but they did give back our photos and a few items at the interview. I would save the originals for the interview. Send copies of things like letters just send real photos.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I have a similar question I thought I'd add on... I'm also getting ready to send originals to my fiance for his interview. I know that in the I-129f package, personal letters/cards to each other and boarding passes can just be photocopies, but for when he goes to the interview, does he need the original letters and boarding passes? Has anyone been asked to provide original letters or boarding passes at the interview?

Thanks so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for any help!!

Send copies of anything/everything unless an original is specifically required. Since they can ask to see originals, you may want to send the originals to your fiance. He can bring them if they are asked for, then bring them home

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the help. I have made copies to send with the I-129F, but I think I will send the originals back to my fiance for his interview. That way he can get them back for me.

Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.