FormelyCA

You know what really grinds my gears....

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, in my experience as a professional communicator (I work in PR) we use "Quick Question" in our subject lines all the time. It signifies that a person can read and answer someone quickly and help them prioritize which note/email to read first.

I personally like the distinction because then I know I can go in and answer the question if I know the answer quickly. It's efficient.

Just sayin'

I agree with you, Sapphire. We use the same concept in education. A lot of times, I don't get a chance to actually sit down and read/respond to emails. (Today's different, b/c kids are having a "Read-In" - that's spending the whole day reading silently. It's LOVELY!) So, when send an email asking me about a piece of technology or how to use a program we have, sometimes I have to take a fair amount of time explaining every step of the way. Other times, it is a quick question and I can sneak on and in less than a minute help out my fellow teacher.

Speaking of teaching... gotta get back to grading those papers from the lil' lovlies!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You guys are way too funny, I am totally confused and don't even know what you are talking about yet you guys are way too funny. Gotta love ya. :P

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Look, i'm not the poster child for having lovely stream lined conversations with everyone all the time. I was just trying to lighten things up in here a bit. However, you are obviously hell bent on taking out whatever on whomever today.

What?

Please point out another thread I'm currently posting in where I'm taking out "whatever" on "whomever" today. I'm doing quite well today thanks.

And, do you not see every one else agreeing with me and why I think her post was silly in the first place and uncalled for? I was sticking up for those who do what she was criticizing. I never realized that was a negative to stick up for people.

Ok, back to being the "typical" and "stereotypical" Canadian now...love, sunshine and gummy bears please.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Look, i'm not the poster child for having lovely stream lined conversations with everyone all the time. I was just trying to lighten things up in here a bit. However, you are obviously hell bent on taking out whatever on whomever today.

What?

Please point out another thread I'm currently posting in where I'm taking out "whatever" on "whomever" today. I'm doing quite well today thanks.

And, do you not see every one else agreeing with me and why I think her post was silly in the first place and uncalled for? I was sticking up for those who do what she was criticizing. I never realized that was a negative to stick up for people.

Ok, back to being the "typical" and "stereotypical" Canadian now...love, sunshine and gummy bears please.

Um its love, sunshine and smarties Amanda! Get it right! :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

In an email, I too have titled stuff, "Quick question". Sometimes, in the right format it can be efficient.

In a forum though such as this, where people come to see if maybe they have similar questions, concerns or situations etc., I find a Quick Question topic useless and inefficient. Upon reading it, I have no idea if I have the same "quick question" as this person. And yes, of course I can click on it, however, seriously, imagine if all these topics had the topic, "Quick Question"??? Would not be very efficient.

I didn't think it was hypocritical, because I wasn't posting about people who ASK quick questions (I INVITE it!!!!!), if people were to actually read my posts before making comments, my complaint was having it in the TOPIC title was not very effective.

Apparently, I am not allowed to post/complain about useless stuff :)

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

man, whats going on? lol All you gals on the same cycle? lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
In an email, I too have titled stuff, "Quick question". Sometimes, in the right format it can be efficient.

In a forum though such as this, where people come to see if maybe they have similar questions, concerns or situations etc., I find a Quick Question topic useless and inefficient. Upon reading it, I have no idea if I have the same "quick question" as this person. And yes, of course I can click on it, however, seriously, imagine if all these topics had the topic, "Quick Question"??? Would not be very efficient.

I didn't think it was hypocritical, because I wasn't posting about people who ASK quick questions (I INVITE it!!!!!), if people were to actually read my posts before making comments, my complaint was having it in the TOPIC title was not very effective.

Apparently, I am not allowed to post/complain about useless stuff :)

I don't think the topic title is important. Whatever it says, if it's a quick question or whatever we are all here to help and what the topic says won't help or hinder someone from clicking on it and replying if they choose to. I don't think the topic is important in the grand scheme of things.

You can complain about useless stuff, that's what the vent thread is for :lol:

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

What?

Pass the gummy bears.

I actually see her point. Plus I think if someone wants to start a new thread they should - it just doesn't matter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
man, whats going on? lol All you gals on the same cycle? lol

You just opened a whole new can of worms with that one lol

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

No you are allowed to complain about "useless" stuff but you need to be prepared for what people have to say as well. It's a discussion forum and people will not always agree with you and you will not always get the answers you want.

You are complaining about the way people are posting a topic and we are complaining about the fact that you are complaining. It's a vicious circle you see?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

What?

Pass the gummy bears.

I actually see her point. Plus I think if someone wants to start a new thread they should - it just doesn't matter.

Okay that makes you the first.

So I guess I'm going to start complaining about what I don't like on this board and see the reactions I get from fellow posters.

I also guess The Vent thread is pointless then, right? Suppose we should dismantle it. No need to keep all vents in one place, let's make a new topic every time someone wants to talk about something they don't like.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Don't worry, I'm armed with Midol!! Free Midol for everyone!!!

Who cares if someone starts a new thread, its all free.

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.