FormelyCA

You know what really grinds my gears....

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow...

Interesting.

I don't know how much clearer I could have been. I wasn't saying, "why do people come here to ask quick questions!!??". So, to say it is the 'pot calling the kettle black' is completely inaccurate. In that case, I would have to be posting, "hey guys Quick question" in all my title posting's. I do not. I am clear and concise. Not only for me, but for other people who may have a similar situation.

My point was simply that posts exist to help other people, not only to get the answer they want, but in case anyone else has the same question. I thought that is why these types of forums existed??? And when one puts, "Quick question" as a title, it doesn't tell the reader if a) they can help answer the question and B) if maybe this pertains to their situation or not.

Didn't think I'd get slammed and disrespected stating that it annoys me when people don't post their topics IN the topic section - imagine if everyone put "quick question" as a title - how effective would this forum be??

I also don't ask the majority of my questions without doing my research, as was implied by someone here. If you are referring to my VA license post, I fully stated that I should have done it first, then I went to post the information I found, IN CASE ANYONE ELSE HAD A QUESTION. Should I have researched first? Sure, but there are days (in this YEAR LONG PROCESS) that I am so sick of researching every possible piece of information that yes, there are times it is easier to just ask. And, please, as if EVERYONE has researched every possibe USCIS document before asking questions on here. Give me a break. Sometimes also, people like to hear what they did in their experience. I guess some people here are more helpful than others. I would be more than willing to help someone, and give them step-by-step instructions on how to do something! I think that's a problem with a lot of people today - "hey I COULD help you but *I* had to suffer and do it so you have to suffer also!!!" Nice.

So much for everyone on here being so nice and respectful. But I guess it is easy to be disrespectful to someone when one remains anonymous. (Not referring to everyone here, just some).

Oh god, get over yourself! You posted a completely pointless thread and you've been posting here for what, a few weeks? If you had been on this site for years I could understand MAYBE why you would have the the opinion that people shouldn't post threads wanting a "quick" response.

But ya know what? Some people want just that and then they leave. Not every one wants to be a part of the VJ community and that is up to them. Not every one posts with the thought of other posters in mind.

No one disrespected you, you simply got answers/reactions you didn't want.

It's hard to disrespect someone on the internet that you don't even know.

You are lucky we don't refer you to an FAQ every time you post a question. There is not one poster on this board that turns people away when they ask questions. You are complaining to complain. If you don't like it, leave.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Carrie, everyone in here IS nice, as well as helpful. They are also a fun bunch who like to joke and have fun. From my own perspective, I felt I responded to a number of your questions with helpful information but got the feeling that you were not interested in hearing any of it. And then when I saw how rude you were to a few people..... well.... it sure did rub me the wrong way. And probably a few others, too.

Maybe this is a good time to begin again.

Whoa.

R u serious?? When was I rude?????

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Timeline
R u serious??

R u lyke 10 years old?

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Well someone ask a mod to close it then before it does. This is completely pointless.

My eyes filled with grit

Wow...

Interesting.

I don't know how much clearer I could have been. I wasn't saying, "why do people come here to ask quick questions!!??". So, to say it is the 'pot calling the kettle black' is completely inaccurate. In that case, I would have to be posting, "hey guys Quick question" in all my title posting's. I do not. I am clear and concise. Not only for me, but for other people who may have a similar situation.

My point was simply that posts exist to help other people, not only to get the answer they want, but in case anyone else has the same question. I thought that is why these types of forums existed??? And when one puts, "Quick question" as a title, it doesn't tell the reader if a) they can help answer the question and B) if maybe this pertains to their situation or not.

Didn't think I'd get slammed and disrespected stating that it annoys me when people don't post their topics IN the topic section - imagine if everyone put "quick question" as a title - how effective would this forum be??

I also don't ask the majority of my questions without doing my research, as was implied by someone here. If you are referring to my VA license post, I fully stated that I should have done it first, then I went to post the information I found, IN CASE ANYONE ELSE HAD A QUESTION. Should I have researched first? Sure, but there are days (in this YEAR LONG PROCESS) that I am so sick of researching every possible piece of information that yes, there are times it is easier to just ask. And, please, as if EVERYONE has researched every possibe USCIS document before asking questions on here. Give me a break. Sometimes also, people like to hear what they did in their experience. I guess some people here are more helpful than others. I would be more than willing to help someone, and give them step-by-step instructions on how to do something! I think that's a problem with a lot of people today - "hey I COULD help you but *I* had to suffer and do it so you have to suffer also!!!" Nice.

So much for everyone on here being so nice and respectful. But I guess it is easy to be disrespectful to someone when one remains anonymous. (Not referring to everyone here, just some).

Oh god, get over yourself! You posted a completely pointless thread and you've been posting here for what, a few weeks? If you had been on this site for years I could understand MAYBE why you would have the the opinion that people shouldn't post threads wanting a "quick" response. R u kiddin me???

But ya know what? Some people want just that and then they leave. Not every one wants to be a part of the VJ community and that is up to them. Not every one posts with the thought of other posters in mind.

No one disrespected you, you simply got answers/reactions you didn't want.

It's hard to disrespect someone on the internet that you don't even know.

You are lucky we don't refer you to an FAQ every time you post a question. There is not one poster on this board that turns people away when they ask questions. You are complaining to complain. If you don't like it, leave.

Of course it was completely pointless, is there something wrong with that? I did not know that I had to go through an initialization hazing process on VJ in order to post a completely pointless complaint. I see multiple "pointless" posts, why don't you comment about those???

And again, do you read my posts????? I have stated TWICE now that my complaint IS NOT ASKING A QUICK QUESTION! It is when people post questions with a TOPIC TITLE OF QUICK QUESTION. That's it. Ask ALL THE QUICK QUESTIONS YOU WANT. That's what this is for!!!! But having a Title topic of "Quick question" is not helpful to anyone.

You say if I don't like it then leave (love when people say that too, if that was the case, you'd have millions of people leaving a lot of things). Now THAT is the pot calling the kettle black....The same goes for you, if you don't like me posting a complaint post, leave. As far as I know, anyone can post here.

You don't have to have a membership card.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Timeline
You don't have to have a membership card.

Nope, you don't. But an ounce of rationale would be nice. :)

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Ohhh that will be sad. That will be like the fourth thread locked in the Canada forum - can't we all just get along.

Ah please stop this! We DO all get along. I don't think it's acceptable to post an ENTIRE thread criticizing people who post topics with a certain title.

No one cares.

Who cares also if four threads or 100 threads have been locked? It's not going to be the end of our lives.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, in my experience as a professional communicator (I work in PR) we use "Quick Question" in our subject lines all the time. It signifies that a person can read and answer someone quickly and help them prioritize which note/email to read first.

I personally like the distinction because then I know I can go in and answer the question if I know the answer quickly. It's efficient.

Just sayin'

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Carrie, I am sorry this thread did not turn out the way you had intended. The thing is, people see it as being hypocritical. Beginning and end of story. If you would like it to remain open so that the issue can be resolved and we can all kiss and make up, I can do that. If you would like it closed, I can do that too. Our preference, I am sure, would be for everyone to get along, but it's your call. (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yea I think we get along. Carrie got pretty defensive about something, when she was infact doing the very same thing.

No she wasn't posting a "quick question" thread, but she complaining about others and yet failed to look at herself.

When you point one finger at someone there's three pointing back at you Carrie and you should be a little more sensitive to others especially when you have asked so many questions yourself.

So someone decides to title their thread: "Quick question" I can see the rationale behind someone posting that, they're trying to be polite and non-invasive.

Welcome to VJ, I hope you stay and not let this get the best of you.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohhh that will be sad. That will be like the fourth thread locked in the Canada forum - can't we all just get along.

Ah please stop this! We DO all get along. I don't think it's acceptable to post an ENTIRE thread criticizing people who post topics with a certain title.

No one cares.

Who cares also if four threads or 100 threads have been locked? It's not going to be the end of our lives.

Look, i'm not the poster child for having lovely stream lined conversations with everyone all the time. I was just trying to lighten things up in here a bit. However, you are obviously hell bent on taking out whatever on whomever today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.