MonkeyJuice

How can we help Estadia (Sara)??

215 posts in this topic

Count us in! We would like to help in any way we can!

Sara, you are a true example of utter bravery and strength...yet at the same time your time-line is an example of the ridiculous and frustrating runarounds of bureaucracy and the incompetent failed immigration system, a.k.a USCIS.

Keep strong, Allah will surely grant you the happiness you both deserve, InshaAllah soon!

-Marm

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I had an idea.... I don't know where Sara lives, but maybe someone like this guy might be a good route to consider, I watch him every night on the news and he seems like a really nice guy:

http://www.wpix.com/wpix_help_me_howard

I tend to find that local sources like these make a big impact as well....

I will be happy to sign anything to help out as well, I feel really bad for you, I'm going nuts already and it's been 6 months since I've seen my husband :(

Question though: why IS the case dragging so much ? And why aren't her representatives doing more to help? That's bullsh!t!

Edited by enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Count us in! Sara, you have been a rock! Anything we can do to help, let us know!

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
We can create a petition/letter on Google Docs and all electronically sign, then each print, sign for real and submit to our congressman, the news, the president - whoever we can think of.

Sara, you're in all our prayers. You and your SO hold on to each other. you've waited this long, please don't give up on love.

I'm sure i can get at least 50 real signatures from my friends/family. I'll print up 50 separate ones if i need to. ( i just bought tons of ink and paper so i'm ready to go! :P )

Just need someone to write it up. Anyone good at official letters/petitions?

Ahem... :D I'm "ok" if no one else steps up...

Can Sara or someone else specify everything that has gone down to date? Including dates and what not?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Can Sara or someone else specify everything that has gone down to date? Including dates and what not?

A lot of it is listed in her timeline, I'm unsure if it is everything though.

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
We can create a petition/letter on Google Docs and all electronically sign, then each print, sign for real and submit to our congressman, the news, the president - whoever we can think of.

Sara, you're in all our prayers. You and your SO hold on to each other. you've waited this long, please don't give up on love.

I'm sure i can get at least 50 real signatures from my friends/family. I'll print up 50 separate ones if i need to. ( i just bought tons of ink and paper so i'm ready to go! :P )

Just need someone to write it up. Anyone good at official letters/petitions?

Awesome! looks like we got a taker! Maybe Sara, you can get in touch with Enraptured via PM so she can get your story and write something up! :thumbs:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I'm def in ! We should all write the same letter with the dates and stuff and scan it so they will have real signatures.

Edited by JulietteDumont

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

COUNT US IN!!

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

count me in too for the petition or any help I can provide !

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Whoa! I didn't notice this thread until just now. I was talking to my fiancé on the phone a few hours ago about Sara and Perviz. Then we started talking about how we should start a petition... I even started writing one, but everyone here is totally on the ball! I don't think there's a person alive that wouldn't sign a petition on your behalf, Sara. Not only are you the sweetest person on VJ, but what you've gone through is completely unacceptable. Pretty much everyone in my life knows about your story and agrees that what USCIS has put you two through is terrible. I'll get friends/family/co-workers to sign too!

Maybe we can do an online petition on www.PetitionOnline.com so we can have all signatures in the same place and do some sort of press release about it and one on Google Docs to print out, sign, and mail to our individual congresspersons? Or maybe having two copies (one online and one on paper) of the same petition isn't such a good idea. I dunno...

I think the petition will get the attention of those who hold power over this process and the media! :thumbs: And if not... there's always protesting naked at our local federal buildings! :devil:

Sara, I know we don't really know each other... but I will do anything for you and Perviz. You deserve your NOA2.

You all let me know if there's anything I can do!

~Stephanie

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Not only are you the sweetest person on VJ, but what you've gone through is completely unacceptable. Pretty much everyone in my life knows about your story and agrees that what USCIS has put you two through is terrible.

Sara, I know we don't really know each other... but I will do anything for you and Perviz. You deserve your NOA2.

~Stephanie

I totally agree 100%! and I think Steph speaks for most everyone here! We wont stop til get u your noa2!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.