10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

WELLLLLLLLLLL can i say i hate all forms of the immigration system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we got there early she gave us five minutes after driving one and half hours to get there (100 miles)

she said there is nothing u or anyone can do its been delayed due to back ground check and it has been in its since Feb of 2008.........this could take two to four years to resolve i asked well what is the issue lets try to resolve this in a respectful and timely manner, she stated that she could only see what everyone else sees on the computer screen and that she had no idea what the issue is, i asked if i could get our file transfered to the local office since i saw they had a room for adjudicators when we walked thru looking for the info pass appointment she said no........

so i then asked maybe i should contact the FBI and all the rest of ur security people to find out just what is going on with our case she said they will not tell u anything best u can do is just wait like everyone else.

so i asked well why did ur site state that everyone that was 180 into checks would be processed, she said it does not apply to k1, k2, k3 or direct filing it apply s to removable of conditions on the gc and citizenship

so now im going to just go and have a good cry and pray thats all that is left because i asked so if i sue for adjudication what happens she said we will deny u because it has not cleared security.

thank you for all ur prayers i do appreciate each and everyone one of u

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello my friends. I'm still new at this site and I sure didn't know about Sara's case. Now that I do I would really like to help in any way I can. I sure don't want to be in her situation and she's been waiting more than enough.

Please let me know how I can help.

PEACE...................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
WELLLLLLLLLLL can i say i hate all forms of the immigration system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we got there early she gave us five minutes after driving one and half hours to get there (100 miles)

she said there is nothing u or anyone can do its been delayed due to back ground check and it has been in its since Feb of 2008.........this could take two to four years to resolve i asked well what is the issue lets try to resolve this in a respectful and timely manner, she stated that she could only see what everyone else sees on the computer screen and that she had no idea what the issue is, i asked if i could get our file transfered to the local office since i saw they had a room for adjudicators when we walked thru looking for the info pass appointment she said no........

so i then asked maybe i should contact the FBI and all the rest of ur security people to find out just what is going on with our case she said they will not tell u anything best u can do is just wait like everyone else.

so i asked well why did ur site state that everyone that was 180 into checks would be processed, she said it does not apply to k1, k2, k3 or direct filing it apply s to removable of conditions on the gc and citizenship

so now im going to just go and have a good cry and pray thats all that is left because i asked so if i sue for adjudication what happens she said we will deny u because it has not cleared security.

sara

Sara, my heart goes out to the 2 of you. What can I do? (we do)? Surely there has to be something that can be done.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

sara

Incredible!!!!! :ranting: They deserve to work locked in that building separated from their loved ones so that they have a little taste of what you are passing through. Maybe then some of them will stop having such a cold heart.

But this is just me. So.......sorry if I broke the fourth wall here.

PEACE............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

sara

WHAT THE HELL :ranting::ranting::diablo: I really so sorry , i cant believe , how this people can be so indifferent to the other concerns, all this cause me pain and furious, is to many ppl out there, that have right now his visas and they even are a real couple,(fraude) how in your case they dont are capable to see a real relationship and leave behind all this call "security checks" , you and perci are in my prays. so what is the next step?

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Timeline

sara

WHAT THE HELL :ranting::ranting::diablo: I really so sorry , i cant believe , how this people can be so indifferent to the other concerns, all this cause me pain and furious, is to many ppl out there, that have right now his visas and they even are a real couple,(fraude) how in your case they dont are capable to see a real relationship and leave behind all this call "security checks" , you and perci are in my prays. so what is the next step?

i dont know what the next step is im just numb

sara

Edited by estadia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

sara

Incredible!!!!! :ranting: They deserve to work locked in that building separated from their loved ones so that they have a little taste of what you are passing through. Maybe then some of them will stop having such a cold heart.

But this is just me. So.......sorry if I broke the fourth wall here.

PEACE............

Sara, your strength, patience and positive attitude towards others shines. I dont think I would ever have coped through what you're going through, The day will come that you will be rewarded for this. Namaste

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

#######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no other words.

Sorry Sara I really am.

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you checked out American Civil Liberties Union. Maybe your local chapter could help. Still doesn't sound like much can be done about it, but I did read an article that this organization has successfully sued the USCIS for background checks delaying people's cases extensively (which you definitely fall into the category of).

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sara

i dont know what the next step is im just numb

sara

OMG Sara :crying:

I saw your signature the other night, and I have been catching up on your journey...

A journey from hell I would say at this point... \o/

I CANNOT BELIEVE :angry: you drove 100 miles for an infopass and got that same lame answer smiley-angry022.gif

My heart goes out to you... :cry:

smiley-angry023.gif

Timeline
Have you checked out American Civil Liberties Union. Maybe your local chapter could help. Still doesn't sound like much can be done about it, but I did read an article that this organization has successfully sued the USCIS for background checks delaying people's cases extensively (which you definitely fall into the category of).

kim&russ sent a letter and our documents there the other day, i hope they do something but its not something im counting on......

sara

thank you everyone for ur emotional support its what keeps us going, when i called perviz to tell him what happened both of us were crying on the phone.

pretty much about all we can do today. we have no energy left

sara

Oh I'm so sorry Sara..how long must you both have to go through this living nightmare. I hope you get a result thru Kim's help & let us know when the website is up & running.

Thoughts & prayers with you as always. (F)

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.