MonkeyJuice

How can we help Estadia (Sara)??

215 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In 2007, uscis increased the processing fees for all benefits seeked at uscis, we all paid our fees, submitted all the required documents, and yet here we are, waiting and waiting, we as tax paying us citizens have the right to a fair and timely processing of our case, and i can understand that security checks have to be done, but come on, a year and half for name checks. i am nobody to judge or impose anything on anyone, but i do think something is wrong here, our cases are caught up in between political red tape and buracracy and it's going to take a lot more than just letters to the media to get it moving foward again, sara, i think you should wait a little bit longer and give uscis the benefit of the doubt, but you should reconsider the option to file a writ of mandamus in federal court.

good luck to all of us that are still waiting.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
In 2007, uscis increased the processing fees for all benefits seeked at uscis, we all paid our fees, submitted all the required documents, and yet here we are, waiting and waiting, we as tax paying us citizens have the right to a fair and timely processing of our case, and i can understand that security checks have to be done, but come on, a year and half for name checks. i am nobody to judge or impose anything on anyone, but i do think something is wrong here, our cases are caught up in between political red tape and buracracy and it's going to take a lot more than just letters to the media to get it moving foward again, sara, i think you should wait a little bit longer and give uscis the benefit of the doubt, but you should reconsider the option to file a writ of mandamus in federal court.

good luck to all of us that are still waiting.

hi, i know ur angry im angry too, and i really hope and pray u get ur noa2 before we do u have been waiting a long time too.

the problem with k1 visa is im not sure that the time limit they are talking about effects us for security checks, i have been told its for people applying for aos, citizenship and in some cases married visas, and yup i paid the higher fee too, but for some reason only csc knows they made the choice to mess with me and perviz, and when ever i have raised the as a usa citizen i have a right to a timely adjudication like everyone else i wad told it is our duty to protect our boarders so until we are finished we can not move forward with ur case.

cant say i like that much because with my back ground and perviz back ground should take less than ten minutes to clear it.

i have contacted the media in the past the best i could get from them was a letter to the editor that was published, our attorney saw it, but i can not say that it made any difference

i also contacted an attorney today that someone from vj gave me and he told me that there is a higher chance that we well get denied if we pursue the writ of mandamus, because csc is quoting our case is in back ground checks, or sometimes they say further review, it all boils done to security checks.

personally i think they lost us or are confused about something in our case one officer told me to send in somethings to clear up the problem and that its been sitting for over a year waiting for this information, when i called back to make sure it all got connected to my case nobody knew what i was talking about, and we went back to the well we can hold it 20 years if it is needed. they also told me that i could not have been told to send anything in because no one can locate our hard file they can only look at what the computer screen tells them, so someone is not telling the truth at csc but who?

yes its true like u im an unhappy camper, just i feel there is nothing more i can do and i thank God for the people on vj that have stepped forward trying to help us.

i will keep u in my prayers i really with all my heart hope that ur noa2 comes this month

sara

Edited by estadia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks sara, it's just so unfair what they are doing to us, i just hope we get our papers soon, i will keep you in my prayers too. take care

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I want you to know what I did. I emailed (and sent hard copies) to ALL of my senators INCLUDING references and replies from senators and white house. I also followed up with phone calls, told them I was a loyal voter, etc.

Each time I got a reply, I would then send a response telling them I believe my file is lost and why hire a call center when they could hire adjudicators instead? Mind you, I waited 8 1/2 months for my noa2 so it will look like the better part of a year to get her here but what can we do?

I would send an email or letter EVERY WEEK beginning on the date it was outside their timelines.

I'd keep it short and sweet and I also mentioned to the senators, "Obviously USCIS is giving you the runaround, as well so I have been in touch with the white house regarding their lack of 1. accountability and 2. transparency regarding my case.

For some reason, (I learned later my senator called the liaison) and called me personally telling me it was adjudicated (USCIS phone center and theri computer caught up several hours later so I believe the call to the USCIS Liaison is what got it done).

Several hours later, the computer was updated and I had the NOA2 email. I also noted they wanted 60 days to respond to tell me why it's not done and I told them that was the second 60 days when they could take the 15 minutes (that's all it takes) to just adjudicate my case rather than taking time over and over responding, they could finish it and never hear from me again.

My suggestion: Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Bother them daily-it's your right. You are a constituent so contact all possible (I didn't tell one senator i was using a second but I did mention to both I have involved the white house). I followed up with phone calls and referenced "my letter sent on xxx date you responded on xxx date" on and on showing them I have been in contact and asked if someone had just a few more minutes to finish my case (please)?

calling the call center (which I mentioned was a waste of taxpayer money when adjudicators are what they needed) did no help.

I tried to compress it and keep it to bullet points, easy to read and on the top, reference all the other letters and responses. I also mentioned all the contacts and responses together when going up the chain of command (white house). Each office has a liaison...try to get that person's name and number.

I'd call the white house daily and the senator offices weekly until you get someone...send letters religiously like you post here.

I don't know what else you can do but either it worked or they notified my senator before updating the USCIS system.

I don't know why there are outlier cases but I'd also mention December fiancees were now on US soil and I can't get a NOA2 and ask "if this was you, how would you feel? what would you do if this was you?" try to get their brain going and take a personal interest in you.

Those are just my thoughts.

I wish you all get your NOA2's soon!

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline
I want you to know what I did. I emailed (and sent hard copies) to ALL of my senators INCLUDING references and replies from senators and white house. I also followed up with phone calls, told them I was a loyal voter, etc.

Each time I got a reply, I would then send a response telling them I believe my file is lost and why hire a call center when they could hire adjudicators instead? Mind you, I waited 8 1/2 months for my noa2 so it will look like the better part of a year to get her here but what can we do?

I would send an email or letter EVERY WEEK beginning on the date it was outside their timelines.

I'd keep it short and sweet and I also mentioned to the senators, "Obviously USCIS is giving you the runaround, as well so I have been in touch with the white house regarding their lack of 1. accountability and 2. transparency regarding my case.

For some reason, (I learned later my senator called the liaison) and called me personally telling me it was adjudicated (USCIS phone center and theri computer caught up several hours later so I believe the call to the USCIS Liaison is what got it done).

Several hours later, the computer was updated and I had the NOA2 email. I also noted they wanted 60 days to respond to tell me why it's not done and I told them that was the second 60 days when they could take the 15 minutes (that's all it takes) to just adjudicate my case rather than taking time over and over responding, they could finish it and never hear from me again.

My suggestion: Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Bother them daily-it's your right. You are a constituent so contact all possible (I didn't tell one senator i was using a second but I did mention to both I have involved the white house). I followed up with phone calls and referenced "my letter sent on xxx date you responded on xxx date" on and on showing them I have been in contact and asked if someone had just a few more minutes to finish my case (please)?

calling the call center (which I mentioned was a waste of taxpayer money when adjudicators are what they needed) did no help.

I tried to compress it and keep it to bullet points, easy to read and on the top, reference all the other letters and responses. I also mentioned all the contacts and responses together when going up the chain of command (white house). Each office has a liaison...try to get that person's name and number.

I'd call the white house daily and the senator offices weekly until you get someone...send letters religiously like you post here.

I don't know what else you can do but either it worked or they notified my senator before updating the USCIS system.

I don't know why there are outlier cases but I'd also mention December fiancees were now on US soil and I can't get a NOA2 and ask "if this was you, how would you feel? what would you do if this was you?" try to get their brain going and take a personal interest in you.

Those are just my thoughts.

I wish you all get your NOA2's soon!

that is one fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!!! and makes a lot of sense thank you very much

sara

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Sara, I'm so sorry to hear how they have jerked you around. I wish you all the best and will keep you in my prayers.

thank you very much, today i go for my info pass appointment it would be great if they really did something but im going up there knowing they prolly wont do anything and understanding that it is a step that has to be taken if i want sue for adjudication............

sara

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good luck and God's speed Sara

More like....God speed it up!

I hope you get some answers today, Sara. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is that correct Sara? 1 year and 7 months since NOA? That is not right ... You could of got married and filed for the k-3 and your SO would of been here by now right? Unbelievable ... I suggest calling / emailing EVERY government official you can that could possibly help your case ... even if they can't help I personally would still email them just to make it known its a issue ... I really wish you the best of luck and hope you get a resolution to your case soon ... and pray for you as well ... and pray that this kind of thing does not happen to anyone else in the future ... they raised the fee to speed things up ... that is not happening ... maybe we need to raise our voices as a VJ community to the government somehow ;))

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline
Is that correct Sara? 1 year and 7 months since NOA? That is not right ... You could of got married and filed for the k-3 and your SO would of been here by now right? Unbelievable ... I suggest calling / emailing EVERY government official you can that could possibly help your case ... even if they can't help I personally would still email them just to make it known its a issue ... I really wish you the best of luck and hope you get a resolution to your case soon ... and pray for you as well ... and pray that this kind of thing does not happen to anyone else in the future ... they raised the fee to speed things up ... that is not happening ... maybe we need to raise our voices as a VJ community to the government somehow ;))

yes its true one year seven months and no noa2, i have contacted every governmental official that i could find email and or physical address for, and to top it off looks like our attorney did a disappearing act, only answers i get now from his firm is from a women attorney and she states different than he did on what to do to end this nightmare or ways of resolving it, so either they did a policy flip while i been waiting or he is M.I.A.

If i knew then what i know now i would have married perviz my first visit and did direct filing would have been finished with this mess.

sorry to sound so angry this morning maybe im just nervous about this info pass appointment lol i think its going to take every bit of emotional and physical strength not to loose it if they give me the same old story of security or extra back ground review. :)

thank you for ur prayers they really are appreciated.

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes its true one year seven months and no noa2, i have contacted every governmental official that i could find email and or physical address for, and to top it off looks like our attorney did a disappearing act, only answers i get now from his firm is from a women attorney and she states different than he did on what to do to end this nightmare or ways of resolving it, so either they did a policy flip while i been waiting or he is M.I.A.

If i knew then what i know now i would have married perviz my first visit and did direct filing would have been finished with this mess.

sorry to sound so angry this morning maybe im just nervous about this info pass appointment lol i think its going to take every bit of emotional and physical strength not to loose it if they give me the same old story of security or extra back ground review. :)

thank you for ur prayers they really are appreciated.

sara

Don't be sorry Sara .... you have EVERY right at this point to be angry ... there is no reason at all ( Other than they lost your case ) for things to have no resolution at this point ... it's unbelievable I can't even fathom how angry I would be if I were in your position right now ... I will say this even though you are having a hard time with your case right now ... I think you are a inspiration to people here on VJ in some way or another.

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

OMG I wonder how Sara is doing in her apptmt.

Good luck luck luck!! :star:

I know we all are praying for her!.

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.