The_Dude

The Annoying Co-Worker Thread

392 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This woman is from North Jersey and she speaks with a British accent.

Anyways my plan of making her look like a douche was thwarted as she left the room before the member came back. Dammit.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
This woman is from North Jersey and she speaks with a British accent.

Anyways my plan of making her look like a douche was thwarted as she left the room before the member came back. Dammit.

Well, douches have a way of making an as$ of themselves without any outside help.

I'm glad I don't have to work with her. I'd go apeshit crazy listening to a fake accent :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So the VP found out last week that his 16 year old son has Hodgkins disease. He is obviously very upset and his son has his first chemotherapy appt. today. They are trying to deal with the news as best as they can and are deteremined to fight the cancer.

He told my office (me, his two assistants) and his 3 managers (my boss and two others) about what is going on, but asked to keep it between us as he doesn't want his personal business getting around. (rightly so. buncha big mouths around here)

I respect this guy a lot and he is such a good person.

We just found out that my boss told one of her supervisors who told, etc. you get it. It's all over the place now within 24 hours.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
So the VP found out last week that his 16 year old son has Hodgkins disease. He is obviously very upset and his son has his first chemotherapy appt. today. They are trying to deal with the news as best as they can and are deteremined to fight the cancer.

He told my office (me, his two assistants) and his 3 managers (my boss and two others) about what is going on, but asked to keep it between us as he doesn't want his personal business getting around. (rightly so. buncha big mouths around here)

I respect this guy a lot and he is such a good person.

We just found out that my boss told one of her supervisors who told, etc. you get it. It's all over the place now within 24 hours.

This boss of yours is a walking talking stereotype. I imagine right about now you're planning out your "** YOU I QUIT" Dance for when you find a new job.

Timeline
This boss of yours is a walking talking stereotype. I imagine right about now you're planning out your "** YOU I QUIT" Dance for when you find a new job.

:D

Isn't that such a terrible thing to do? After he specifically requested it not get out?

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Isn't that such a terrible thing to do? After he specifically requested it not get out?

That is terrible, especially about something so personal involving a child. I hope he finds out it was her who leaked the deets

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

That is terrible, especially about something so personal involving a child. I hope he finds out it was her who leaked the deets

Oh believe me...his assistant will be letting him know. He will NOT be pleased.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Timeline
Back before they banned those anonymous email sites, there was one that was great. It had a bunch of work-related templates that you could send various annoying co-workers.

I remember those. :lol:

Okay. Totally dating myself, here, but I remember when I first started in an IT department and the first type of email became available. Sometimes noobs people would leave themselves logged in, then leave their desks, so one or two of us :innocent: would compose all kinds of crazy messages and send them off to various co-workers. The original user would be like "Whaaat?" when they started receiving replies. Those early days were a lot of fun because people weren't as computer savvy back then. I'll never forget the time I sat down in my cubicle one morning, turned on my computer, and was horrified to hear the orgasm wav file from When Harry Met Sally start playing at full volume so the entire office could hear it. The tech guys had installed it the night before. Yeah. Good times. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
I'll never forget the time I sat down in my cubicle one morning, turned on my computer, and was horrified to hear the orgasm wav file from When Harry Met Sally start playing at full volume so the entire office could hear it. The tech guys had installed it the night before. Yeah. Good times. :lol:

:lol: I wanna work there! I could use a laugh!

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Timeline
I'll never forget the time I sat down in my cubicle one morning, turned on my computer, and was horrified to hear the orgasm wav file from When Harry Met Sally start playing at full volume so the entire office could hear it. The tech guys had installed it the night before. Yeah. Good times. :lol:

:lol: I wanna work there! I could use a laugh!

We had so many gut-wrenching belly laughs there. Going to work was like going out to play. We had such a great group of people to work with. I'm glad I got to experience it.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I would love that - just once! Pretty much every job I've had, I've had to be uptight all the time and so much drama has gone on around me. I need peace and laughter to thrive!

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Back before they banned those anonymous email sites, there was one that was great. It had a bunch of work-related templates that you could send various annoying co-workers.

I remember those. :lol:

Okay. Totally dating myself, here, but I remember when I first started in an IT department and the first type of email became available. Sometimes noobs people would leave themselves logged in, then leave their desks, so one or two of us :innocent: would compose all kinds of crazy messages and send them off to various co-workers. The original user would be like "Whaaat?" when they started receiving replies. Those early days were a lot of fun because people weren't as computer savvy back then. I'll never forget the time I sat down in my cubicle one morning, turned on my computer, and was horrified to hear the orgasm wav file from When Harry Met Sally start playing at full volume so the entire office could hear it. The tech guys had installed it the night before. Yeah. Good times. :lol:

Ohhhh I remember those days too. Networks weren't quite as secure as they are today. There were so many joke progs out there to mess with people. I remember one such program that made it so every time someone typed the word "action" or "task" in a microsoft office document, it would be replaced with "felatio" or "cunnilingus". Ahhhhh the good old days. :lol:

Timeline

So Theresa, the bane of my work existance is on a (forced) vacation. You are only allowed to accumulate so much vacation time before it is capped. Most people here can just keep working and forefit their vacation time that goes over the allowed cap. Not Theresa. She's on a 8 day vacation :lol:

But before she left, she had to send an email to the entire department telling everyone what to do to cover her workload. FFS, is it really necessary to send an email to nearly 30 people to tell them how to answer a phone, transfer a phonecall and pick up the mail on the 3rd floor? I loved how she ended the email too. "If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to call me". I am enjoying the tranquility here in the office this week. Nobody listening to new age music and making up songs comprised of gibberish, and nobody bursting into my office to tell me about how funny a garfield comic was today.

Timeline

haha I love Theresa.

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.