The_Dude

The Annoying Co-Worker Thread

392 posts in this topic

I have to say my boss is awesome! But I have two co workers one who sits in front of me ...she wont stop talking to me every few months she is "talking " to a new "guy" online, she is like mid 40's or making comments about our other co workers and how many breaks they take a day........or the other dude who sits two seats in back of me is some guy who is in his late 50's who is always trying to prove he is still attractive to women , like he's some sort of stud and wont shut the h#ll up , always asking me questions in which he already knows the answer. I dont like to talk to anyone at work, I wish I had my own office space in a corner somewhere away from everyone!

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This new place where my Husband is working, the guy who sits beside him is the 'senior' guy - no title - just the - they give me extra responsibility because I know so much - guy.

Well he is also the guy that wants to make sure everyone knows how burdened he is. He speaks about other staff members, even though they are not in earshot (but the manager is in earshot).

Like he will look at someone and go "Jesus Gord!!" - that kind of thing. Then the phone rings and it's "Damn" (because of course he is 'too busy' to answer the phone).

Anyway, shortly Husband is going to ask to be moved because this goes on all day and is making him cwaazy.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The IT department for the city that I work for is really quite odd. Each quarter, they have these little contests to try to get people to clean up their shared drive folders. I just got the email that they send out to everyone to try to get them to do this. This quarter's contest winner will receive an ice cream party. Seriously? I always said that work was just like high school, but older people and more money, but this is ridiculous. I can remember getting an ice cream party in junior high because my homeroom sold the most magazine subscriptions. :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
The IT department for the city that I work for is really quite odd. Each quarter, they have these little contests to try to get people to clean up their shared drive folders. I just got the email that they send out to everyone to try to get them to do this. This quarter's contest winner will receive an ice cream party. Seriously? I always said that work was just like high school, but older people and more money, but this is ridiculous. I can remember getting an ice cream party in junior high because my homeroom sold the most magazine subscriptions. :blink:

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

So after two years of working here I finally get the go-ahead to start ordering items to put our membership information in. Mini discs for presentations and pocket folders with our logo and all that fun stuff.

So yesterday I'm presenting the samples to the CFO and my boss had to pipe in and say: "That was all MY idea"

What are we 5?

First of all, it doesn't matter if it was your idea because it didn't go anywhere. An idea isn't an idea until you fully execute it in my opinion. If it just sits in your head, it isn't anything to boast about.

Second of all, it wasn't anyone's idea. We shopped around at other clubs, we got their membership packets and saw how nicely they presented membership information. Why weren't we doing that? So I get the go ahead to do it and I did it. All it took was ordering some supplies, talking to some printers... it took 2 days to put everything together and 20 minutes to buy everything online.

She always told me we didn't have the budget for it. Unfortunately it wasn't true, she just must have felt overwhelmed or something - but any time it was up for discussion she was like wall. So to sit there and pipe in during a meeting: "That was MY idea" Grow up. Are you that insecure? I don't want your job so don't worry. Kissing the butts of rich folks is not my idea of a career.

Also I have created two magazine ads since I have worked here and she's been telling people that she created it. I would love to sit her down in InDesign and say: "Well recreate it then!"

Sometimes I feel like I work in a box.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I do love it here at times... there is a challenge I do love. But sometimes working under her is just straight up tiring. I feel like I'm in grade school.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I do love it here at times... there is a challenge I do love. But sometimes working under her is just straight up tiring. I feel like I'm in grade school.

Don't you just love the melodrama at work? My favorite tactic is a co-worker who will come to me with one of two approaches. The first one is she will ask me for a little help with something. I'll go over to her desk and tell her how to use a certain database program and return to my desk. She will then try to dump the rest of the project on my using flattery. I fell for it once because I felt bad for her and I thought I'd get credit for my work. But after seeing her tell her supervisor who assigned the task her agonizing tale of how she had to learn to use an entire new program etc, I'm out. The other tactic that she's used in the past is telling people that this project has been "collectively assigned". She'll tell people that they are part of a team doing this project only to exclude them from the presentation or any mention of credit. I suppose enough people have fallen for her act.... she's not a supervisor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I try to be a very patient man.

I have been sharing a small enclosed space (larger than your average cubicle, but still small) with someone for nearly a year now.

He goes in an out of fad diets, but so far, only one thing has "stuck."

He eats 3-6 apples every day.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Dude, #######, you're complaining about someone eating apples?!" Lame.

I work with software, and my whole job entitles complete focus and concentration so that I can think/create/design/ect.

Multiple times a day, I'm pulled out of my happy zone by *CRUNCH*.

I've tried everything: large noise canceling headphones (haven't gone for the $$$ ones yet, but i'm almost there), asking him to stop, buying him a apple slicer/corer, telling him that the eternal crunching gives me headaches, I even called him Johny Appleseed for a month.

It's to the point now, where if he has a sick day, I feel like I have a vacation day even though I'm working.

I'm going mental!!!

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Timeline

having to hear my co-workers eat. Scraping of plates, forks against teeth, lips smacking. Seriously? For some reason it makes me want to puke. My co-workers are the loudest eaters ever. I am in a separate office and I can hear them.

"glorb, smack,smackity scrape, scrape, scrape, GLORB..."

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

My boss calls me from her office and will be chewing on the phone... I'll just tell her to call me back when she's finished eating and hang up.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Apple #2 is going down the hatch.

I turned my music up so it hurts my ears, but I still hear it.

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Apple #2 is going down the hatch.

I turned my music up so it hurts my ears, but I still hear it.

Lol I've never been able to understand how someone who works in an office setting could be unaware of inproper noises. I really hope they move the person soon for ya, I remember when the annoying piece of garbage that sat next to me was moved, I was the happiest I've been in a loooong time lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Timeline

That was like this lady who sat behind me, Varba. Every time she moved, her chair squeaked. She would pop her gum in the office. She'd hum and sing pretty much all day.

I went batty, I tell ya.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline
I've tried everything: large noise canceling headphones (haven't gone for the $$$ ones yet, but i'm almost there), asking him to stop, buying him a apple slicer/corer, telling him that the eternal crunching gives me headaches, I even called him Johny Appleseed for a month.

Since he thinks it's a diet, tell him that apples are pure carbs and sugar, which actuallly increase his appetite and weight gain. :)

My boss calls me from her office and will be chewing on the phone... I'll just tell her to call me back when she's finished eating and hang up.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Since he thinks it's a diet, tell him that apples are pure carbs and sugar, which actuallly increase his appetite and weight gain. :)

He knows, with this diet, it's ok if he eats it with protien. So there's the SWIIIICTH of the string cheese wrapper, then the crunches start.

Apple #4 crunching away with my sanity.

Edited by Varba

<back to interview>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.