The_Dude

The Annoying Co-Worker Thread

392 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Theresa just discovered the Keyboard Cat video. Her response is that she wants to do research to find out where the cat is so she can report the guy for animal cruelty. I think i'll let her go a while longer before I tell her that the cat actually passed away years ago.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

OK, I couldn't take it any longer and just told her. Now she's convinced that the cat's owner making the cat play the keyboard was a contributing factor. A colleauge of mine has talked her out of researching this..... at least while at work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: How I miss this thread.

My boss is long gone now so I don't have any good stories to tell about her any more...

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my complaint - people that come visit in my office (holds 4 people - barely) and they stand around and yap. and yap. and comment on what i'm doing or not doing. :protest:

gtfo! :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL @ this thread. Y'all make me feel how very lucky I am to have decent coworkers and a great boss! I think I'll get them 'Thank You' gifts.

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So I think today we're having a big meeting with my boss because she can't do her job properly.

So they're going to shift quite a bit of responsibility over to me and the executive assistant.

Not her pay though... just her responsibilities. :P

I don't mind, I'd rather come to work every day and know what I am doing, rather then come in and attempt to decipher the 50 post-its she will usually leave on my desk... all with doodles on them and other things.

Like today I got one: "Need new subagreement for ______"

Okay but I have no other information, did he upgrade? Downgrade? I looked in the system and can't find anything.

It's a tad frustrating at times so I am happy this meeting is happening. I just hope it means I'll be working under the CFO more because trying to work under her is near impossible.

She tried to save off of a screen shot once - like clicking the PICTURE of the "FILE" tab. It was a screen shot... I told her that. She continued to click her mouse like mad woman even though I told her to stop. We'll forward her an email and she'll respond to us as if she's responding to the person we have forwarded it from. Then we'll tell her it's only a forward and she'll argue with us and say: "No that person will get it too"

No they won't kitten... calm yourself.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Oh and there's a pretty famous sports player in here right now, I can't name names... but he's freaking out over a 200.00 operating assessment... like screaming at the top of his lungs.

I can hear EVERYTHING.

"I am NOT paying this, no one told me about this! This isn't MY responsibilty"

:rofl:

But I bet you'll go ahead and enjoy the newly renovated restaurant right? Yes you will... pay up sucka.

ETA: Now his wife is screaming... I am so tempted to walk in and say: "Okay you know what? I'll pay your assessment just stop the screaming!"

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

lol, I hate dealing with the public. I only have to when they are trying to circumvent having to wait in line to talk to the person at the front desk. They love it so much when you point them to the line and tell them where to go :lol:

Timeline

Meeting's over.

Wasn't bad at all.

I guess I'll be doing more marketing than anything now, that's good that's what I enjoy.

Hmm now just have to learn how to market a sport I don't play or enjoy... :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I'm currently on an internship, and work right beside the boss's secretary. She is supposed to be passing on work for me to do so I'm not sitting here reading the news, or VJ all day :whistle:

Well I think she is afraid of me taking over her job, so she wouldn't ever give me anything to do. Then one day when she was off, I decided to go through her inbox and find something for me to do (she had actually given me her inbox to sort for her before, so it wasn't like it was a private inbox). She gets back from her vacation and said in a really snotty tone "WHO WENT THROUGH MY INBOX?" and I said "Me, I was looking for something to do". She didn't speak to me for the next day or two.

After that, she made a "Do Not Touch" sign.

I talked to my boss about her delegating work, and he spoke to her. It was better for a couple of days, but now it's back to me doing nothing.

She is also continually late. Late coming in, late getting back from lunch. She takes off 15 minutes after she gets in to go chat with coworkers and comes back an hour later. I actually timed her one day to see how much time she actually spent away from her desk chatting with coworkers or on the phone -- 3 hours!!

I also have a problem with coworkers speaking spanish to eachother right in front of me. Especially when I know that spanish is not their native language. We had sensitivity training about a month ago where they pointed out that it was rude and can cause tension but I guess they had tuned out or just don't care!

Needless to say, for my first experience working for an American company, I'm not too impressed. I don't think I want to stay here for much longer.

Edited by Miranda&John

Our Timeline - AOS from J-1 & J-2

10/03/09 - Wedding in Reno, NV

01/14/10 - I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 filed

01/25/10 - Checks cashed, NOAs sent!! (Day 1)

01/28/10 - NOAs received - dated 1/25/10 (Day 3)

02/04/10 - Biometrics letter received! (Day 10)

02/16/10 - Biometrics appointment, Modesto, CA - COMPLETED! (Day 22)

03/11/10 - Received interview notice - April 15, 2010 in Fresno, CA (Day 45)

03/18/10 - AP Approved (for my daughter - not me)!! (Day 52)

03/24/10 - Touch I-485 and email that RFE received on 2/18/10 (Day 58)

04/05/10 - INFOPASS appointment -- was told NBC must have decided not to process AP or EAD because interview was so soon. (Day 70)

04/13/10 - Email - EAD Card production ordered, Touch on my AP (Day 78)

04/15/10 - Interview @ 10:30am - APPROVED!!! Email - Green Card production ordered! (Day 80)

04/16/10 - My AP received in mail (no approval email), ANOTHER email EAD Card production ordered, Touch on I-765, I-485 & I-130 (Day 81)

04/20/10 - Green card status changed to post-decision activity, Touch on I-765 & I-485 (Day 85)

04/26/10 - Greencard RECEIVED!!!! (Day 91)

Our Timeline - ROC

02/09/12 - I-751 Filed

Timeline
LoL, sensitivity training. Offices are just like high school, all the melodrama and passive aggressiveness...... only better dressed and older.

It's sooo true!

Except in my office... everyone just tells everyone what they think... it's weird. I've never experienced it before.. it's like all the highschool bullies got a job in the office and they're not taking ####### from no one.

Actually I just generally find people in NJ like that... perhaps it's not the office I work in.:P

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.