Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
go talk to your bank about the bank officer letter, otherwise sometimes known as a "letter of good faith" or "HUH?", as Bank of the West knows it. :D

Neil... how did your bank handle that request?

I wonder what Paypal will tell me? :unsure:

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This sounds kinda snoody, but I have a personal banker that handles all my finacials, I just called her up, and she brought a letter with all the pertinent info to my office the same day. Personal bankers rock! She maintains my accounts for me, i.e. keeps my checking at a certain level, and if I have to much she moves it over to savings, which has a higher interest rate, and she also monitors my savings levels, and when I reach a certain point she rings me and puts me into CD's. But she knows I always want a certain amount of liquid cash available for my horrible spending habbits... Land rover parts, and parts for my bike... And Nan just quit work so she can prepare for the interview, and organize evidence etc., so she does wires for me as well. Wow I never realized how much that lady does for me.

I just want the next four weeks to be over so I can be with Nan... :crying: I miss her cooking.

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline

This sounds kinda snooty, but I have a personal banker that handles all my financials, I just called her up, and she brought a letter with all the pertinent info to my office the same day. Personal bankers rock! She maintains my accounts for me, i.e. keeps my checking at a certain level, and if I have to much she moves it over to savings, which has a higher interest rate, and she also monitors my savings levels, and when I reach a certain point she rings me and puts me into CD's. But she knows I always want a certain amount of liquid cash available for my horrible spending habits... Land rover parts, and parts for my bike... And Nan just quit work so she can prepare for the interview, and organize evidence etc., so she does wires for me as well. Wow I never realized how much that lady does for me.

I just want the next four weeks to be over so I can be with Nan... :crying: I miss her cooking.

wow I need to proof read before I hit post next time... you can read this version if you wish to avoid my grammatical errors...

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline
This sounds kinda snooty, but I have a personal banker that handles all my financials... And Nan just quit work

LOL! NillandNan vacation picture from their island in the South Pacific:

ThurstonHowell.jpg

Oh that was good, I needed a laugh. I was rolling. Thanks brother :rofl:

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Oh, wow, you guys have just been chatting it up since I last checked :)

Neil, both you and ashenflowers are heading to see your SO's soon!

Lisa-I love the "London Baby" on your signature :thumbs:

I'm going to be the village idiot here and ask about the I-134. I have 3 years of tax transcripts, pay stubs, a letter from my boss-- but what else do we need? Do we need a letter from the bank with date opened, date closed, deposits made, etc? I was under the impression that that wasn't entirely necessary if your income is sufficient (mine is, but I have a co-sponsor for safe measure). Any thing I'm missing? :wacko:

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I'm going to be the village idiot here and ask about the I-134. I have 3 years of tax transcripts, pay stubs, a letter from my boss-- but what else do we need?

I am still going to China!

----------

I think I posted this before but our visa advisor told me to collect this stuff for my girl:

1. I-134, Affidavit of Support

Download from here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

2. Your three most recent years' tax returns and W-2s. If you did not file the tax please write an statement explaining why, sign your name and date.

3. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:

a. Date account opened;

b. Total amount deposited for the past year;

c. Present balance.

4. Letter/Statement from Employer

a. Date of employment

b. Title

c. Current position

d. Current salary

e. Whether the position is permanent If self-employed:

a. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

b. Report of commercial rating concern.

List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

5. Remittance slips/Western Union receipts that you sent money to your wife/fiancee

6. Provide as much evidence of correspondence that you can that demonstrates the development of your relationship, from initial stages until the current date. Examples include letters, e-mails, and chat sessions.

7. Records of telephone contact made by petitioner verifying the caller's name, address, telephone number, as well as the length of each call and the receiver's phone number. If providing evidence of contact, do not submit calling cards as proof. Calling cards companies often provide itemized lists of all calls made using those cards. If a company does not offer tha service, provide a letter from the company verifying they do not offer this information.

8. A detailed statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evolution of your relationship. Be sure to, at the very least, explain how you met, when you started dating, and how, when and why you became engaged. Do not include any third people such as interpreter and visa agent in that letter. Please email it to me for my review. Please sign your name and date after your print it out.

9. A notarized copy of your passport pages clearly showing Chinese visa and entry/exit stamps. Copy the entire passport, even if some pages are blank. Properly notarized each page as seen and compared to original copy by notary. All entry and exit dates must be legible. If you will accompany her to the Consulate then you do not have to notarize your passport but give her the original one, she will present to the interviewer.

10. Your plane tickets and evidence that purchased your plane tickets you used to visit. Provide (1) credit card statement that verifies the purchase (2) a cancelled check or (3) the bank statement that shows you withdrew cash from your account for the purchase (also provide bank statement for the months before and after purchase).

11. Include copies of termination of all your previous marriages (if applicable) -- divorce and/or death certificates. Recently the Consulate had requested American petitioner ex spouse's Social Security Number and her current living address if you know. Please print the information on a piece of paper.

12. Proof of your residency in the US. Such as lease/deed/mortgage statements, utility bills, copy of driver's license.

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Oh, wow, you guys have just been chatting it up since I last checked :)

Lisa-I love the "London Baby" on your signature :thumbs:

I'm going to be the village idiot here and ask about the I-134. I have 3 years of tax transcripts, pay stubs, a letter from my boss-- but what else do we need? Do we need a letter from the bank with date opened, date closed, deposits made, etc? I was under the impression that that wasn't entirely necessary if your income is sufficient (mine is, but I have a co-sponsor for safe measure). Any thing I'm missing? :wacko:

The form says that you need evidence "as appropriate", which only involves the employer letter and the letter from the bank. I'm not sure how they determine if it's "appropriate", so I got both. I see VJ'ers all over saying the bank letter isn't necessary, so I "phoned a friend" who was recently approved, and they got the bank letter, so I did, too.

The tax forms are only needed if you're self-employed (but I sent last year's tax return and w-2 anyway). I also needlessly included some tax stubs and some bank statements because I have a need to be overly prepared. ;)

Btw, I get child support, but I didn't note this in with my income (I saw Allie mention this.. I don't know if you can do this or not). Instead I checked the box that said my child was partially dependent on me for support (for whatever difference that makes).

My income is sufficient according to the poverty guidelines (be sure to calc your household for yourself, your SO and any dependent children).

I'm not an expert until this all flies with the London Embassy. :):star:

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm actually going to be visiting James in September in London, very exciting!

Since we're discussing the next step, I've been collecting my financial information and I have a few questions. I'm still young and my job history hasn't been exactly stable for the past few years. I'm wondering how much impact the wages earned on my tax returns will have on whether I get approved or not. I definitely make enough to be above the line for Alaska, and I have since last September. My employer will surely write me a letter saying as much. So I'm definitely set now, but my tax returns for 2006 & 2007 don't reflect that. Will my lack of stability in the past few years negatively affect my application? Should I have someone file as a co-sponsor just in case?

3872111ccc.png

April 19th 2010: AOS NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey,

Child support IS money.................whatever the monthly amt is x 12.............which saved my a$$ in a MAJOR WAY.....lol.........I had a yearly job title/money/etc thing my work does for all us call center employees that outlines what we get, benefits, insurance, wages, so that was SOOOO handy and usually I throw it out but i knew it would come in handy this year..hehe....plus I had 2 years income tax returns so that should be ok, plus I have evidence of the child support court order that outlines my extra $$ per month which soooooooo brought me just barely over the line...OMGG I was so having kittens that one time where i just added the 1 month amt for the whole year instead of x 12...........good God.........LOL..LOL.....I was reading some of the consulate reviews on here and half the time they dont even look at our relationship stuff...just the money, ask a few questions, go figure...but we will have some stuff anyhow....just get that DAMN APPROVAL NOA2 WOULD BE OUR FIRST THING EH?? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Allison.

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm actually going to be visiting James in September in London, very exciting!

Since we're discussing the next step, I've been collecting my financial information and I have a few questions. I'm still young and my job history hasn't been exactly stable for the past few years. I'm wondering how much impact the wages earned on my tax returns will have on whether I get approved or not. I definitely make enough to be above the line for Alaska, and I have since last September. My employer will surely write me a letter saying as much. So I'm definitely set now, but my tax returns for 2006 & 2007 don't reflect that. Will my lack of stability in the past few years negatively affect my application? Should I have someone file as a co-sponsor just in case?

I'm sure if it shows you make the guidelines who cares? I donno.....i think we over analyze over here, as long as you are in black and white what they want, why go round and round wondering? If we have the money, have the documents showing it, then should be bing bang boom.

Dont take me as being insensitive but we get a bit over the top in these forums. Have the stuff and run with it, thats my style in life in general.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline

Why would they ask for the past 3 years in tax returns if it didn't matter? I have paystubs saying that I'm making enough, but not a lot other than that. I want to know because I'd rather not send just my information in and have it be denied, but I'd rather not drag my mom or sister into it if I don't need to.

3872111ccc.png

Why would they ask for the past 3 years in tax returns if it didn't matter? I have paystubs saying that I'm making enough, but not a lot other than that. I want to know because I'd rather not send just my information in and have it be denied, but I'd rather not drag my mom or sister into it if I don't need to.

Where did you see something about needing the past 3 years' tax returns? The i-134 says they're only needed if self-employed, or did I totally miss something?

Also, please link me the reference on the child support. I just want to make sure I filled out my form correctly.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline
I'm sure if it shows you make the guidelines who cares? I donno.....i think we over analyze over here, as long as you are in black and white what they want, why go round and round wondering? If we have the money, have the documents showing it, then should be bing bang boom.

Dont take me as being insensitive but we get a bit over the top in these forums. Have the stuff and run with it, thats my style in life in general.

Jeesh Allie you're so insensitive! haha I have gone round and round in my head with all of this, and I decided this very thing a while back. I almost want a 221g at the interview, because it cuts your interview short, and all you need to do is produce what is required, and your done. No more B.S. Amen Allie. :thumbs:

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Timeline

Where did you see something about needing the past 3 years' tax returns? The i-134 says they're only needed if self-employed, or did I totally miss something?

Ha! Well that helps, I actually hadn't read the official USCIS instructions for the I-134, I've just been reading the guides on VJ and other people's posts, everything I've read has said to file the past 3 years' tax returns, but yeah, you're right, the I-134 instructions only ask for last year's tax returns if you're self-employed. I should be fine then :) Thanks for that insight

3872111ccc.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.