Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I would also like to add that I just started watching and have become addicted to "The Office."

Haha oh man I had an office marathon last time I was in Iraq. Good stuff.

Wedding planning? That stuff is for the birds. :whistle: Nan has stuff in the works, I am just a pawn in that production.

Congrats to the recent approvals!

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

God, I never realized how frustrating it was to see people who filed an entire month before you receive approvals before you....In the same breath I can't complain because there are people who have been waiting months and months longer than me....In a little bit, I'm going to go out in "celebration" of my seven month anniversary---seven months since I've seen Lamine. Ugh. Don't care about work tomorrow. Lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night in a panic and calling out Lamine's name, and for a moment--I think he's still there sleeping next to me. I hate the feeling of realizing that he's half a world away.

Having another "break down" day, in case you didn't notice, but I promise to snap out of it soon :D

Neil, excuse us, but how's the wedding planning going?

I still can't decide on a dress (I don't think I'm going to have an "it's the one" moment with a dress), but I've nailed down the menu, the cake, and I'm working out other details that will keep my mind occupied.

Come on approvals!

Don't have the energy to spell check tonight---sorry!

Your day is coming. I hope it's very soon!

I had a few nights like that, waking up and wondering where Ian was, and then remembering... :(

Hope today is better! :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Today is a better day. I did not go out last night (which was a GOOD choice) and ended up falling asleep around 10:30. Granted I woke up at 4:00 this morning, but I watched 2 more episodes of The Office before I had to go to work :P

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh, Neil-is Nan back in an area with cell phone reception yet?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Aaaaaaaaaarrgh...............i hate this waiting...................

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Aaaaaaaaaarrgh...............i hate this waiting...................

Congrats to those in the April family who have received their NOA2's recently !! WOOT WOOT

I am with you!! It doesn't make it any easier seeing a mid May filer getting approved yesterday as well .... I am not a patient person at all but I am learning and trying because of this process hehe ... I must admit it does piss a person off seeing a petition approved who has filed only 2 months ago while we are still sitting here waiting ... it just shouldn't be that way unless it is expedited ... I think this is the first day I've somewhat lost it in a way and have actually got a little pissed off hehe ... I hope the rest of the March and April filers hear something real soon ... good luck and god speed !

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline

We got our Noa2 !! all people in april your gonna get it soon too

Process took us 1 year and 5 month from I-129F to Green Card

*09-??-2006* Met online @ world of warcraft

*~3 years later*

*01-??-2009* Relationship started

*03-01-2009* Went to see him 1 week

*03-05-2009* We got engaged

*04-06-2009* Sent I-129F

*04-07-2009* I-129F received at USCIS (California)

*04-09-2009* NOA1 received

*04-17-2009* He came to see me that weekend

*05-30-2009* He came visit me for 1 week

*07-01-2009* Still waiting the Noa2

*07-17-2009* OMG IT GOT TOUCH!! XD

*07-20-2009* Got the Noa2 without trouble!

*08-14-2009* Went to see him 2 week!

*08-18-2009* Got the packet 3!

*09-08-2009* sent Pack 3

*10-27-2009* Packet 4 received!

*11-06-2009* Gone for 1 week to see my baby

*11-20-2009* Medical at medisys + Police certificate

*12-01-2009* INTERVIEW Passed!! success!

*01-08-2010* Big Move ^^

*01-09-2010* Wedding

*02-26-2010* Filling for AoS

*03-10-2010* NOA

*03-30-2010* Biometrics taken

*09-24-2010* AOS Aproval

*I did not request my EAD or AP

*We did not get an interview

*09-30-2010* Green Card in hand!

Timeline
More Aprillers approved NOA2, at least 5 now!

CONGRATS Ebrech N Persona and Ponka!!!

We got our Noa2 !! all people in april your gonna get it soon too

:dance:

Ditto on the congrats!

attaya_girl - Yes Nan is back in Bangkok as of this morning, she got the papers we needed, and hopefully the end of this week or begining of next, we will submit all of it for the interview date. I just hope we find out the date soon, so I can plan accordingly.

Now I am in GA, and dreading the next four weeks. But after that I get to see Nan again!

Neil

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks for the April 2009 topic! We are still learning all about this visa stuff.

My name is Doug. My Fiancé Jessie is coming from Vietnam.

If i am reading the statistics right, all us April 2009 filers should have our interview by November? Am I right? This would have us with our loved ones in the USA by the Holidays?!?!?!?!?

What do you guys say?

c3ui55avqx8o20jy.png

Timeline
Hello,

Thanks for the April 2009 topic! We are still learning all about this visa stuff.

My name is Doug. My Fiancé Jessie is coming from Vietnam.

If i am reading the statistics right, all us April 2009 filers should have our interview by November? Am I right? This would have us with our loved ones in the USA by the Holidays?!?!?!?!?

What do you guys say?

Doug,

welcome to the April CSC club house. As far as your timeline goes, it is up to you, and your specific embassy. You could be seeing an NOA2 in the coming months, shows you recieved NOA1 on June 11th (usagroom-that makes him illegit in our club, but he did file in april, CSC just took their sweet time. Plus his signature block has Samui, so I vote him in.) After that it depends on your case again as it goes through NVC... Mine was stuck there about a month for additional processing... But most breeze right through. Then it's off to your embassy, and how it depends how fast they work. Some give interview dates quickly, and others not so much. I recommend looking up your embassy, and seeing if they have the packet 3 requirements digitally (BKK did...) And maybe you can begin the process of packet 3 collection now. Depending on all of those variables, it is plausible to have Jessie with you stateside by the holidays... Best of luck to you both!

Your signature says Koh Samui... That is my home away from home. I will be back down there possibly around the same time as you... Drinks are on me if Nan has her visa by then. :yes:

usagroom ROBOSAURUS rocks! Thanks for the laugh brother. :rofl:

Neil

Edited by NillandNan

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
usagroom-that makes him illegit in our club, but he did file in april

Again, that is Igor's list I was quoting. Nothing to do with me personally. Nip it in the bud please.

I would say if the NOA1 was in June then it could put it as behind the curve, but who knows? I hope everyone who sent in their petition in April gets their love in the USA by the holidays. April showers bring... FLOWERS!

moving right along

Timeline
usagroom-that makes him illegit in our club, but he did file in april

Again, that is Igor's list I was quoting. Nothing to do with me personally. Nip it in the bud please.

Oh I'm just picking on you man... You get any word on your money yet? Are you just going to wait to see your girls?

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.