Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... There are many VJers who post in 2 different months of "filers" because of sent date and actual NOA1 date... Sheesh!

Not sure I know of any. No need to get alll worked up minnew, in the April filers thread.

... We should be happy for one another not trying to rip each other apart over good news.

Not sure I read anyone "rip each other apart over good news."

:whistle:

moving right along

I've been posting in this thread since I started this journey and in case you didn't notice this thread is called is April 2009 "filers" and as you can see in my signature I filed April 20th. I'm not gloating, I had noticed that another person received a touch today and I wanted to share the good news that people are getting approved today after a really slow week.

Oh, I think the months are for when you get the NOA1. No problem, just saw the other thread and that you were a May NOA1er. Why do you think you were approved before any April of May NOA1er?

In all honesty it probablly doesn't hurt that I'm Canadian not that I think its fair, I want everyone to get there NOA2's pronto. But I also think based on last Friday there was a huge influx of approvals that maybe for whatever reason they've made it through the H1/2 (whatever work visa it was that was slowing down the K1's) and are now trying to get back on top of things. I expect a huge turn around rather quickly.

uh wow... #######... I take issue with this. It has nothing to do with you being Canadian. I AM Canadian, thankyou, and so is my fiance... he is dual citizen and spent 80% of his life in Canada actually... so don't try to get that involved with it at all. You filed and got your NOA1 within DAYS of me, so unless I get my approval by the end of next week, which I HIGHLY DOUBT, then being Canadian offers no advantage whatsoever. It makes me even MORE annoyed that I will probably be waiting another two months before I see ANYTHING. For NO REASON.

ANYWAYS... congratulations... I know that when I get an approved petition finally I'll be screaming about it... let alone when I finally get the visa... because I know it can be exciting, but just remember that you are WAY ahead of the game for NO apparent reason... and people will be looking at you with jealousy and anger and bitterness at the complete and utter BS of this unfair system.

As for whether or not you are an April filer just because your NOA1 was in May has no relevance so I don't even know why anyone brought that up other than the fact that you apparently post in both threads... I ended up with an NOA1 in May, as attaya mentioned, and haven't even LOOKED at the May thread because I consider myself an April filer, since that was when we frantically got our ###### together and sent it off.... it's not our fault that CSC doesn't always stay on top of things... Same with Allie apparently, and yes, a few others. I've NEVER seen anyone be picky about whether or not someone belonged in a thread (other than between service centres, since they are so different in time lines and what not). If I'm not considered an April filer than why the heck do I bother checking this thread... I know you're frustrated with the delays that have happened usagroom, but cut people some slack. You've ruffled feathers in here before, some of which were my own, but this isn't a time to bring up completely unrelated issues with someone's good fortune..... that said... I did comment on some of those issues, but that was a response, not an initiation. lol I hope your touch is in indication of a quick approval!

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... As for whether or not you are an April filer just because your NOA1 was in May has no relevance so I don't even know why anyone brought that up... I know you're frustrated with the delays that have happened usagroom, but cut people some slack. You've ruffled feathers in here before...

I am still confused on what people here consider their NOA1 date, filed or official. I said congrats to the poster. As for ruffling feathers and cutting people slack, I don't need this stress so I will just stop posting and reading now. Have fun and keep the faith April filers. I am going to move on.

moving right along

... As for whether or not you are an April filer just because your NOA1 was in May has no relevance so I don't even know why anyone brought that up... I know you're frustrated with the delays that have happened usagroom, but cut people some slack. You've ruffled feathers in here before...

I am still confused on what people here consider their NOA1 date, filed or official. I said congrats to the poster. As for ruffling feathers and cutting people slack, I don't need this stress so I will just stop posting and reading now. Have fun and keep the faith April filers. I am going to move on.

Sorry... I know you try to be helpful and supportive, but sometimes it comes off as quite the opposite. Myself as well, I am sure. Thus is the unfortunate thing about internet conversation.

Anyways, I do truly hope that you are able to see your girls soon and finally be with them soon without having to say goodbye (F)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

... There are many VJers who post in 2 different months of "filers" because of sent date and actual NOA1 date... Sheesh!

Not sure I know of any. No need to get alll worked up minnew, in the April filers thread.

This is exactly what I and ashen are talking about, you act like people need to be a "member" in order to post in the April thread. I have seen some of your other posts about this as well. I am sorry you have not seen any other VJ members with sent dates in a different month than their NOA1

I've been posting in this thread since I started this journey and in case you didn't notice this thread is called is April 2009 "filers" and as you can see in my signature I filed April 20th. I'm not gloating, I had noticed that another person received a touch today and I wanted to share the good news that people are getting approved today after a really slow week.

Oh, I think the months are for when you get the NOA1. No problem, just saw the other thread and that you were a May NOA1er. Why do you think you were approved before any April of May NOA1er?

In all honesty it probablly doesn't hurt that I'm Canadian not that I think its fair, I want everyone to get there NOA2's pronto. But I also think based on last Friday there was a huge influx of approvals that maybe for whatever reason they've made it through the H1/2 (whatever work visa it was that was slowing down the K1's) and are now trying to get back on top of things. I expect a huge turn around rather quickly.

As for whether or not you are an April filer just because your NOA1 was in May has no relevance so I don't even know why anyone brought that up other than the fact that you apparently post in both threads... I ended up with an NOA1 in May, as attaya mentioned, and haven't even LOOKED at the May thread because I consider myself an April filer, since that was when we frantically got our ###### together and sent it off.... it's not our fault that CSC doesn't always stay on top of things... Same with Allie apparently, and yes, a few others. I've NEVER seen anyone be picky about whether or not someone belonged in a thread (other than between service centres, since they are so different in time lines and what not). If I'm not considered an April filer than why the heck do I bother checking this thread... I know you're frustrated with the delays that have happened usagroom, but cut people some slack. You've ruffled feathers in here before, some of which were my own, but this isn't a time to bring up completely unrelated issues with someone's good fortune..... that said... I did comment on some of those issues, but that was a response, not an initiation. lol I hope your touch is in indication of a quick approval!

Ashen- I hope your approval comes quickly! I know how frustrating it is to see others who have NOA1's after you being approved! It is defininitly not a first come, first serve fair system at all!

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well if CSC gets into the pattern that they had before, we should see some April approvals very soon. They were (before the stall) going in a pattern that seemed to be when they hit about 40-50% of the previous month (March in this case) that they would start some April ones. I'm hoping thats the case and that we see some more approvals soon!

Congrats on your NOA2!

As for the rest of the stuff, I think regardless of what month you are in, providing a helping hand and a listening ear is a great thing. I know we don't mind at all having people from other months posting on our thread for questions or congrats. We have a couple people who sent their package in March, but the NOA1 was delayed to April, so thats why I follow this thread. I'm just as excited for you guys to get your stuff as for the people who filed with me, and in the months before me (I'm active in the January and Feb boards as well and one of the Feb girls actually has a few of us March files on her tracking list :D). I also love hearing of your plans for your weddings, and I like seeing your posts about your girls usa, including the interesting ones about the attire you will be wearing for the traditional ceremony. I truely hope that your money comes through so that you do have a chance to visit them, it must be very hard for you to be away from them for so long. I know the almost 6 months are killing me, I can't imagine going as long as you have.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Maybe this poster will be one of those ones that get us fired up and then take off......typical....we gotta watch the Canadian pokes cause some of us, including myself is/was a Canadian immigrant....

I was going to say a lot of things but I've decided not to, I don't want to add to the drama. What I want to say is that you for the congratulations and congratulations on all the touches tonight.

I will say this however, I'm overjoyed that I got my NOA2. My purpose in posting was to give others hope that theres could be getting approved as we type, because believe it or not I want to see everyone get approved. We should be happy for one another not trying to rip each other apart over good news.

I do think that certain countries have an easier time making it through the USCIS stage than others, you don't have to agree but the statisitcs speak for themselves. Saying that doesn't mean that I condone bias based on nationality it means that I know how to read statisitcs. I'm sorry if that is offensive to anyone.

I don't entirely agree, but that is my opinion. But, congratulations and I sincerely wish you a speed journey through the rest of the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to Jaque and her SO ... that is awesome news for you guys ..

However it sucks for half of the March Filers and most of the April filers who haven't heard anything yet hehe ... but we have seen this before .. its not the first time or last time ... it is blantly obvious they don't have a complete fair system going on there at the USCIS offices .. don't get me wrong I am happy for you two its awesome ... no one should be waiting half as long as we do to be with the one we love ... but it is what it is.

Did you all see there is also another April Filer with a similar timeline as Jaque's who also got approved yesterday? I wonder if a weekend adjudicator got a stack of later filers to do from home and thus why .. the good thing here is they are working on some April cases now !! Wooot go April filers!!

And once again congrats to Jaque and TruLuv on the NOA2's !

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Looks like I missed some stuff while I was sleeping. Hope everyone is well this morning (F)

Truluv-who has posted here before, also received her NOA2! So happy for her and everyone else, but jealous as well. Hope they keep the approvals coming for April filers. As far as the discussion goes about nationality affecting approval rates---Truluv's fiance is from Kenya-not an easy place to get a visa from.

I'm going wedding dress shopping today. I had second thoughts about the other one (I am the world's worst shopper). I've also decided that I HATE planning a wedding without the groom.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Get this guys, our girl who got us all wound up is from the same town i'm from in Alberta, Canada, i can remember when i first sent in my paperwork back in sheesh....summer of/1994 i had to send everything to the Calgary consulate and go for medical and interview and such there...i was only 21 years old...my time flies....wow....i did it as a i-130/spouse back then.....funny cause if it wasnt for me meeting my yank ex husband, i would have been here in arizona bringing my lovely british man here....my goodness....well i said to nigel today that we're in the ballpark....we're closer every day.....so just have to sit tight and like one other said, get our papers ready for the next round....FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS, eh? Oops...a Canadian acronym coming out....lol...lol....i need coffee over here.....got up at like 5:30am this morning on my day off...stupid eh? Well i thought Nigel would be on Skype but noooo...he's out shoppin for God knows what....me and my daughter are going to see Harry Potter today in a couple hours.....see how that goes....with the eating i've been doing lately due to stress and whatever, u know...hopefully i'll still fit into that wedding dress! It was a bit small to begin with but i managed it...lol...ttyl....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Ashenflowers-your trip is coming up soooon! I'm so excited for you to see your fiance. I hope you get your NOA2 either before then or while you're visiting.

Allie-have fun at Harry Potter! I had no idea until a few days ago that another movie was even coming out---that's how far off the edge of the earth I've fallen since the visa process started--other than visiting visajourney and USCIS, that is :blush:

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

event.png

What is everyone up to this weekend? I got to talk to my future MIL on the webcam today. I've met her in person a few times, and it was good to see her again. She met my daughter, as well, and my daughter is excited about having a British grandma and visiting England. She can't wait! Also, she asked to see my dress, which I was excited to do, after having made Ian leave the room.

Good days... straight ahead, people.

:star:

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Looks like I missed some stuff while I was sleeping. Hope everyone is well this morning (F)

I'm going wedding dress shopping today. I had second thoughts about the other one (I am the world's worst shopper). I've also decided that I HATE planning a wedding without the groom.

(F)

I'm the world's worst shopper too... Especially lately. lol I haven't gone dress shopping yet. :( I also hate planning a wedding without the groom!! ah!! I wanted to get our reception venue picked out before I go for my visit, but I'm not sure.... and yes the visit is soon!!! OMG!!!! I'm so excited. We just booked our hotel and train tickets last night for the weekend trip we're taking into LA while i'm there. I've never been there before! We're going to tour around Hollywood and stuff! omg I can't wait... seriously I have grown up in a SMALL bubble, and don't get to travel much... I never even saw the ocean until this January.. lol! This is a huge deal for me!!!

Enjoy Harry Potter today Allie!! I can't wait to see it, but I promised my fiance I'd wait to see it with him! It seemed like a good idea at the time but what was I thinking!??! LOL It's making me twitchy.

I can't believe there's another April filer who's been approved! That's awesome, but also scary, and makes me feel bad for the rest of the March filers. :( They were from Tanzania! LOL I can't see that being on the list of countries with an advantage. oohhh and another from Bangladesh! WOW! OK, I think they're really getting into the April filers... but it's not even the ones with April NOA1s! It's the ones with early May NOA1s! ugh.... ok this process is too damn confusing. LOL

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

What is everyone up to this weekend? I got to talk to my future MIL on the webcam today. I've met her in person a few times, and it was good to see her again. She met my daughter, as well, and my daughter is excited about having a British grandma and visiting England. She can't wait! Also, she asked to see my dress, which I was excited to do, after having made Ian leave the room.

Good days... straight ahead, people.

:star:

LOL!! That is so cute... both on your daughter excited for her British grandma, and also on you being able to show the dress after Ian left... :D

I'm not up to too much this weekend... have to work a couple of hours tomorrow, and tonight am going out for dinner and to the bar with some friends.

I'm actually kind of sad because tomorrow my fiance's family is having a BIG BIG family reunion. I mean, big enough that they rented a HUGE house there across from the beach to accommodate every one. It sounds amazing! There will be relatives there that he possibly hasn't even met yet, and relatives that certainly won't make it to our wedding. It really really stings to know that I am really missing out on all of that, and will quite possibly never meet these people, and not get to attend a huge family function like this again (they only happen every few years from what I hear, and in a few years... sorry to say, but some of these older relatives might not be able to make it!!!). :( It just really hammers home that I am not actually a part of his life and family...

On the plus side... his mom isn't going to be in town while I am there visiting (that's not the plus... lol) so she is going to teach my fiance how to take care of the garden today so that I can do it while I'm there next month (that's the plus. LOL!). I think that's cute. I told him to take pictures, and notes, and sketches, and measurements and all the names of the plants so that if one dies I can replace it without her knowing... :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Allie- Have fun watching Harry Potter, I loved it! (there was of course some things I wouldn't have put in, and others I wouldn't have cut out but you will see that once you see the movie).

Attaya - good luck dress shopping, I hope you find something that is just perfect.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.