Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Anything new and exciting happening for any of you today?

Found out my money will not be coming for another couple weeks, delaying my visit to China and my girls. To say this is disappointing is an understatement. We are crushed. Now 432 days apart. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

I like how the timelines keep moving forward. All the more time for me to clean out my closet, to make room for Ian's things.

I'm using reverse psychology on the timelines. :)

I'm not sure it'll work, but it's worth a try.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Found out my money will not be coming for another couple weeks, delaying my visit to China and my girls. To say this is disappointing is an understatement. We are crushed. Now 432 days apart. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Oh man thats horrible man, hope you get your money quick, so you can get out there! I bet your girls miss you. :unsure:

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I am so, so, so sorry, usagroom. (F)

Steph (F)

event.png

Timeline
Oh man thats horrible man, hope you get your money quick, so you can get out there! I bet your girls miss you.
I am so, so, so sorry, usagroom

My Hua is so steady while I am pieces. She said "maybe we must wait until the interview to be together again." Then we cried. So much that I have not said here has been laid in front of us yet we continue through the years. Now plane tickets, photographer, train tickets, and planned family parties have to be rescheduled at an expense. Most of all, Hua and I must wait. It is time together that we will never recapture. With my work, I have to be back before September. I hope that the money will come so that I can at least spend a few weeks there. Wah wah wah, I know I am whining but it has been so long and so hard.

moving right along

That really sucks usagroom. :( It's not whining at all... you two have been apart WAY too long, and it's TIME for you to see each other again.. I am sure that you will be able to have time together before September.

(F)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hmmmm. I'm not seeing the thing about Dakar, Senegal. I do purchase Skype credit, but it's around 26 to 34 cents a minute-not sure what the variable is. I'll dig around a little more, but from what I've read, my only real option w/Skype is to buy an online number then receive calls for free. Doesn't really help when he can't afford to call me as much as I call him. For him to call me costs about $10 for a 5-8 minute conversation, so he mostly calls just to say "I love you" then hangs up. Anyways-I don't think Senegal qualifies for that $99 deal. I use nobelcom.com phone cards for around 18 cents a minute, and I think that's about as good as it's going to get. Senegal just doesn't seem to be on the high-frequency call radar for the really good deals.

You must have been typing while I was :D

Have you guys tried rebtel? It gives you a local number to call long distance, and rates are reasonable. Go to rebtel.com and register for it over the internet. Than gives you the local number immediately to call, and this is your permaneant local number for that person overseas.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

usagroom, (F) another flower for you!

starlight-I have looked at Rebtel. Their rates for Senegal are $.24 a minute while the phone card I'm using now is about $.18 a minute. Although this morning it stole 8 minutes from me!

Good morning, All! :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm all mad cause the uscis website isnt updated today! I thought it was every 15th of the month? Grrrrrrrr!!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline

Lamine just called me to tell me that his younger sister is getting married mid-august. Two parts of this hurt-1.) I can't be there to celebrate with them 2.) They just got engaged a couple months ago and are already getting married! I know-it's petty and stupid, but I'm jealous and having a hard time hanging in there today. usagroom-I feel like I can't even complain because you have been waiting a little more than twice as long as I have, but I just miss him sooooo much. I hate that we can only afford to talk 20 minutes a day on most days. I want to stay on the phone with him until we run out of things to say to one another. I want to see him and hug him and never,ever,ever let him go. ugh. ok. I'll end the pity party now.

usagroom-you have a lovely family :)

event.png

Timeline
Lamine just called me to tell me that his younger sister is getting married mid-august. Two parts of this hurt-1.) I can't be there to celebrate with them 2.) They just got engaged a couple months ago and are already getting married! I know-it's petty and stupid, but I'm jealous and having a hard time hanging in there today. usagroom-I feel like I can't even complain because you have been waiting a little more than twice as long as I have, but I just miss him sooooo much. I hate that we can only afford to talk 20 minutes a day on most days. I want to stay on the phone with him until we run out of things to say to one another. I want to see him and hug him and never,ever,ever let him go. ugh. ok. I'll end the pity party now.

usagroom-you have a lovely family :)

Thanks and congrats to Lamine's sister and family. Love is something we all have and share.

I wrote a song for my Hua "LMHK" to say how it is being apart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3rWRHBoQY (our first video call) Love you Miss you Hug you Kiss you. Morning to Noon and Noon to night. I am getting misty just typing now.

moving right along

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So wednesdays are my day off and I am starting to hate days off, which are wednesdays, saturdays and sundays ... because well I keep looking at VJ, USCIS case status and thinking of how long it has been since we started this process and have been with each other in person ... but here is something I found that is kind of disappointing .... I wish they would pick up the pace ... past performance indicates alot better than what they have been doing the past 3 months ... the good thing is I read they received around 20% less visa petitions in the month of April of 2009 ... which means they might get through our petitions pretty quick once March is finished up ... here is to wishful thinking and hope and prayer ...

http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/stats.aspx

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.