Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
For me, i'm wearing the white dress and a sheer white shawl, so a veil may be too much! The flower is a much better approach for me! Poor Nigel at work, the co-workers dont really believe him that he's immigrating....they kind of blow him off...he got kind of upset last day or so, so I think I may send him a copy of our noa1 to put in his wallet to flash at these jerks....I told him, they'll know come Christmas or so when your LOOONG gone! His family's accepted it cause they know me...but co-workers, well obviously not. Well Wednesday (15th) is another big update day on the USCIS site, so i'm anxious to see what they put in....plus its Harry Potter day at the theatres! lol. Thats where I'll be that day maybe!!

TTYL guys,

Allison.

Funny. My girl can't say a thing since she is coming from China to the USA. Mum's the word until she gets her visa. Only her close family members know (and they KNOW she is not hesitant). People in China hold all info close to the vest. I have the luxury of blasting it all over. Big mouthed Americans! :D

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Lamine's mom is stable. No changes.

Allison--you look BEAUTIFUL in your dress!!!

Neil, good luck with the moving!

Lisa-those flowers are beautiful. I just glanced at them, but will have to go back and investigate more closely.

Ashenflowers-You're beach wedding sounds sooo beautiful! Our wedding will be in the snowy mountains (hopefully in November or December, if all goes well). So, no sunny beaches for us.

As for dresses and veils...I'm home for the weekend, so my mom and I went dress shopping, and I am getting that dress I posted earlier. It's a slightly older style, I guess, so it is 35% off. I know the price isn't everything, but the visa process is already a huge expense. Anyway. I'm taking it! And as for a veil...I'm not sure. I know this is silly, but I like my hair and don't know if I want anything covering it. I'll post pictures with me in it soon and get some other opinions :D

Usagroom-I wish my date was moving forward! It went from early August to late August. Ugh. Oh well. Maybe I'll still slip in earlier.

Hope you are all having a good weekend. You guys help keep me sane. ;)

event.png

I'm not sure I'm wearing a veil... Our ceremony is going to be on the beach so it might not work out well to have a veil, and feels too formal for what we had in mind.

C'mon. this is your show that you do only once with the groom. I get the feeling that without a veil of some sort then the bride looks a little naked or informal for such an important event. It isn't a casual event, it is the everlasting union between two people, give us some pomp and circumstance! JMO :)

lol yeah, I see what you're saying, but the veil doesn't really hold a lot of significance for me in terms of tradition or 'meaning', and I certainly don't think that the absence of a veil will take away anything from our day. If I went to our wedding in full ball gown with train and veil it would look REALLY odd, and just not really represent 'me'. Not having a veil won't have anything to do with the union between my fiance and myself. :)

Also, as attaya mentioned with the hair... well, I'm probably not going to want to have anything covering mine either... and might end up with some wind on the beach so the veil blowing around would get annoying :lol: srsly...

Attaya... snowy mountain weddings would be very beautiful too!! We have to make sure we all keep in contact enough after this process to see each others wedding photos! :lol:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

People in China hold all info close to the vest. I have the luxury of blasting it all over. Big mouthed Americans! :D

We cannot take our First Amendment rights for granted after traveling places where the right to assemble does not exist. Look at Iran right now, for example. Be safe and come back in 1 piece. I can't wait to see where we all stand in 1 month with our NOA2s hopefully being approved in the next 4-6 weeks. :dance:

Leidys and I - July 13, 2008 :star:Having%20a%20blast%20with%20Leidys.JPG

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm not sure I'm wearing a veil... Our ceremony is going to be on the beach so it might not work out well to have a veil, and feels too formal for what we had in mind.

C'mon. this is your show that you do only once with the groom. I get the feeling that without a veil of some sort then the bride looks a little naked or informal for such an important event. It isn't a casual event, it is the everlasting union between two people, give us some pomp and circumstance! JMO :)

lol yeah, I see what you're saying, but the veil doesn't really hold a lot of significance for me in terms of tradition or 'meaning', and I certainly don't think that the absence of a veil will take away anything from our day. If I went to our wedding in full ball gown with train and veil it would look REALLY odd, and just not really represent 'me'. Not having a veil won't have anything to do with the union between my fiance and myself. :)

Also, as attaya mentioned with the hair... well, I'm probably not going to want to have anything covering mine either... and might end up with some wind on the beach so the veil blowing around would get annoying :lol: srsly...

Attaya... snowy mountain weddings would be very beautiful too!! We have to make sure we all keep in contact enough after this process to see each others wedding photos! :lol:

The dresses you guys posted are really really pretty, and I love the idea of the flowers. I don't think I will be doing a veil either, flowers and a tiara though. Unless the place I get my dress can convince my otherwise lol. I already picked out what I want my hair to look like!

2718449_1.jpg

So much planning to do, but for us we can't do the big wedding until next year for a few reasons, so it gives me a lot of time to plan once I am down there thankfully.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Just saying that no veil (the signifier between unmarried and married, lifting the veil) is a different thing. Kind of a show thing but can be truly show-stopping (not to mention heart-stopping for the bride/groom) because that is the point of no looking back. It is customary in Chinese weddings for the bride and groom to change clothes after the wedding and proceed in evening wear for the rest of the day (no blowing veil etc.). JMO

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Good morning! Although it seems like you guys have been up for a while!

usagroom, I never really thought about how the veil would symbolize going from unmarried to married. To continue along the earlier line of reasoning, if I do wear a veil at the wedding, I don't won't it to be on that covers my face. I would just wear something pretty and lacy tucked into the back of my hair. We'll see thought. It is a pretty tradition.

Question for all of you-are you guys JUST having the one formal ceremony with everyone or will you be doing a civil ceremony prior to that? I think Lamine and I will do a civil ceremony within a few weeks of his arrival and get the paperwork going (God, I am SOOOOO sick of paperwork!), then will have the big celebration a couple months later with the dress,etc. Maybe I'll wear a little veil to the civil ceremony-one of those 1920's looking veil's. LOVE those!

Ken-that picture of you and your fiance is so sweet.

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are planning on the same thing Attaya ... we will have a small civil ceremony within the the 90 days ... its hard to plan a big wedding not knowing what time frame you are even looking at until the day you receive a visa .. so her and I both agreed to do a civil wedding with just a few family members ( maybe a small reception afterwards but not sure on this yet) ....

Than later next year or maybe even the following year depending on the money situation we will be going back to the Philippines were we will have a big wedding and celebration with her family there.

That's our current plan anyway ... however going through this process so far I've learned not to plan anything to concrete that is for sure ..

On a side note ... it looks like we may see our first April approval here in about 2 weeks ... I wish they would pick up the pace a little bit though ... still a little slow ... I remember reading in a thread a month ago though that usually mid July they start speeding up again after all the Work visa's are finished up ... so let's hope for that ... because right now our time line has been going the wrong way :(

Hope you all are having a great weekend !

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline
Good morning! Although it seems like you guys have been up for a while!

usagroom, I never really thought about how the veil would symbolize going from unmarried to married. To continue along the earlier line of reasoning, if I do wear a veil at the wedding, I don't won't it to be on that covers my face. I would just wear something pretty and lacy tucked into the back of my hair. We'll see thought. It is a pretty tradition.

Question for all of you-are you guys JUST having the one formal ceremony with everyone or will you be doing a civil ceremony prior to that?

As the groom places the veil over his bride, he makes an implicit promise to clothe and protect her. Finally, by covering her face, the groom recognizes that he is marrying the bride for her inner beauty; while looks will fade with time, his love will be everlasting.

The veil stays on her face until just before the end of the wedding ceremony when they are legally married, then the groom helps lift the veil off her face to signify acceptance and union.

A bridal veil:

- signifies a special event - A Wedding!

- signifies joy

- highlights the bride's appearance and features

- is the final crowning touch! Bridal Gowns are transformed with the addition of a veil.

The wearing of a bridal gown and veil is one of the big days in a woman's life--Choose what YOU feel comfortable in and enjoy your special day!

--------------------------------

We plan to go to city hall and get our license the first day we arrive in America. We will then get the paperwork going right away. We plan to have a big reception a month or two later, whenever is most accomodating for our guests. We will do a small family party in China when we get the visa. The veil will be lifted at both events.

Playing the waiting game for my bride...

6aede94ff6c8741bb3d762103eefec12.jpg

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well for us, its like, before Nigel was having just his young niece coming with him, well thats changed and now its his elderly father, who has a bit of health problems and doesnt walk that well, but does it ok so far....we were gonna drive from Arizona to Las Vegas and stay a couple days, but having the old man and my big 15yr old in the back seat of my Nissan for a 8 hour drive, i donno...the dad is a bit on the pudgy side and may be uncomfortable, then again...we were also thinking about having everyone fly into Phoenix and having a wedding at the Grand Canyon, but then the Canadian relatives wont like that cause they cant party and gamble....so I donnoooooooo, I gotta sit and think!!! Plus if I have it in the Grand Canyon, earliest for us folks right, maybe December? Thats cold over there and my little dress flapping in the wind! I dont think so! So i have to find a heavier shawl or a inside place and find a wedding offical/JP to go out there...AAAAAARGH the decisions!!!!. LOL.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

We are having a small ceremony, just us and our parents I think, mostly because we know that it'd be too expensive to ask everyone to fly out there for us... so then next July we're coming back to Canada to have a reception/ceremony with our friends/family. It will still be kinda small, only about 75-80 people, but will give us an opportunity to come back and visit and have fun :)

Again... still no on the veil... lol it's a matter of preference. If someone prefers to have them, i think that's great, but if someone prefers no, I also think that's great.

I think there are many points of no looking back that come into the ceremony... like the ring exchange, the vows, the walking down the aisle, etc. I really don't think I'm going to lose any aspect of my day by not wearing a veil, and it will still be a show stopper!! ;) haha I'm not a very traditional person anyways I guess. Some traditions I like, some I don't. Traditions without relevance kind of lose their touch. The history of the veil comes from a number of things like preventing the husband from seeing his bride before they were married, and protecting the bride from demons, and that sort of thing, which just seems silly to me today... so I just see them as another type of accessory, like flowers, jewelry, tiaras and such...

On the other hand, if my fiance tells me he'd like me to wear a veil because HE wants to follow that particular tradition, I probably would consider it.. but he's pretty similar to me in that sense, and he's open to whatever, so I don't think it will be a problem. I look at not having a veil as cutting some costs... lol

I really love that hair style Danu :D

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

All this talk of weddings and more pictures of dresses...

flying_ki.jpg

Okay now I feel better.

Nan wants to do a ceremony in her dads hometown. We are not sure if we are going to do it before or after her visa. We might even wait until after we get to HI get the house taken care of, and then go back for a couple weeks, and do it. As far as the stateside marriage we are only doing the JP at the courthouse so we can file for AOS. I just hope we can get her AP on the way in, so we do not have to wait on that getting approved, to go back to thailand. Ah so much to think about... Back to getting all my junk ready for the movers. :help:

cheers,

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We are having a small ceremony, just us and our parents I think, mostly because we know that it'd be too expensive to ask everyone to fly out there for us... so then next July we're coming back to Canada to have a reception/ceremony with our friends/family. It will still be kinda small, only about 75-80 people, but will give us an opportunity to come back and visit and have fun :)

Again... still no on the veil... lol it's a matter of preference. If someone prefers to have them, i think that's great, but if someone prefers no, I also think that's great.

I think there are many points of no looking back that come into the ceremony... like the ring exchange, the vows, the walking down the aisle, etc. I really don't think I'm going to lose any aspect of my day by not wearing a veil, and it will still be a show stopper!! ;) haha I'm not a very traditional person anyways I guess. Some traditions I like, some I don't. Traditions without relevance kind of lose their touch. The history of the veil comes from a number of things like preventing the husband from seeing his bride before they were married, and protecting the bride from demons, and that sort of thing, which just seems silly to me today... so I just see them as another type of accessory, like flowers, jewelry, tiaras and such...

On the other hand, if my fiance tells me he'd like me to wear a veil because HE wants to follow that particular tradition, I probably would consider it.. but he's pretty similar to me in that sense, and he's open to whatever, so I don't think it will be a problem. I look at not having a veil as cutting some costs... lol

I really love that hair style Danu :D

Thanks hon! I thought it was really pretty because I want an ourdoor kind of casual/modern wedding so this doesnt look too serious but not too dressed down either. We're hoping to do the big wedding exactly a year from our civil ceremony to help save up a bit for it.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Ours too will be a small intimate ceremony to be held at a wedding chapel in Gatlinburg Tennessee follwed by our honeymoon in a chalet in the Great Smoky Mountains. I am a whitewater kayaker and one of my paddling friends is an ordained minister who will do the ceremony, another is a photographer and two others play in a progressive bluegrass band that will be our entertainers at the reception. My mother and sister are doing the planning of the wedding and are quite excited about it. Really hoping our wedding can be right around New Years Day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.