Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
I had a lovely night talking to Nigel on Skype last night and this morning...then the boy's gotta work today...sooo I'm glad he's home so we can talk and see eachother again... just baked a couple loaves of bread...

Great, happy times! Now share some of that fresh bread!! :yes:

I was checkng out Igor's list and here are the latest rankings:

awaiting NOA2:

101 Ian and Lisa

116 usagroom

136 attaya girl

152 Ken y Leidys

159 ashenflowers

165 Allie and Nigel

Already NOA2 Nill

Thanks for that. I didn't notice we were 101 till you mentioned it. Maybe that will help me survive national meltdown day. (ok... maybe it's just personal meltdown day)

Awwww....Sorry it's meltdown day! I had that yesterday....and the day before, but who's counting?

Hope your day gets better!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello fellow April Filers .... been awhile since I've stopped in here ... just wanted to say hi to you all and hope all is going well.

Looks like we are nearing the start of April approvals finally ... the good thing is there really aren't that many April filers so they should sail through the April ones at a good pace ... still quite a few March to go it looks like though :(

For my Fiance and I ... the next couple days are sad ... it will be 3 months on the 10th I had to leave her again in the Philippines ... and on the 14th it will be 3 months already since I mailed the petition ... I hope we get some approvals soon here ... starting to get a little bit irriated with waiting ...

How was everyone's 4th of July weekend?

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Hello fellow April Filers .... been awhile since I've stopped in here ... just wanted to say hi to you all and hope all is going well.

Looks like we are nearing the start of April approvals finally ... the good thing is there really aren't that many April filers so they should sail through the April ones at a good pace ... still quite a few March to go it looks like though :(

For my Fiance and I ... the next couple days are sad ... it will be 3 months on the 10th I had to leave her again in the Philippines ... and on the 14th it will be 3 months already since I mailed the petition ... I hope we get some approvals soon here ... starting to get a little bit irriated with waiting ...

Hey SS! Don't be a stranger, April filers are coming onto the NOA2 screen in a couple weeks IMO. :D Stick around and play the waiting game with us. Beats being irritated!

Independence Day was great, caught the show downtown on the 3rd and the local one on the 4th. Heading to see my girls in China the last week of July for a month. Coming up on a year and a half since we were together last.

At this point we are planning the wedding... service (though we are not having a ceremony), invites, clothing, reception, etc.

My SO was looking at this combo for us to wear:

20093405649.jpg

I kinda like this one:

20093404949.jpg

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Hey SS! Don't be a stranger, April filers are coming onto the NOA2 screen in a couple weeks IMO. :D Stick around and play the waiting game with us. Beats being irritated!

Independence Day was great, caught the show downtown on the 3rd and the local one on the 4th. Heading to see my girls in China the last week of July for a month. Coming up on a year and a half since we were together last.

At this point we are planning the wedding... service (though we are not having a ceremony), invites, clothing, reception, etc.

My SO was looking at this combo for us to wear:

20093405649.jpg

I kinda like this one:

20093404949.jpg

Oooo.... I like the gold and red. They're both lovely!

I have my dress already. Photographer deposit down (he'll move the date if we need him to), and "on hold" for the rest, deposit-wise, right now. We have a spot in mind and a judge in mind. This is all the fun part. The planning. :)

Thanks, attaya. Meltdown day is getting better. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Yes, picture of the dress please!!

And usagroom... those are both great choices! Why not do both! hehe.. Also, I just noticed that my fortune is in your sig... :lol: Awesome! Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Hope everyone is doing ok, and is meltdown free!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
Oooo.... I like the gold and red.
Yes, gold and red are the trad colors for trad China weddings. Even though we will be married in the USA, I told her to choose trad Chinese gear for us. It's so cool.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Oooo.... I like the gold and red.
Yes, gold and red are the trad colors for trad China weddings. Even though we will be married in the USA, I told her to choose trad Chinese gear for us. It's so cool.

I like the gold one too :) They're both so beautiful!

event.png

Leidys was sent some $$ to obtain her Colombian Passport and DAS - Police background check. The Colombian Passport will be utilized along with a Visa inserted inside of it that will serve as the one-way ticket into the USA at LAX - her POE. In Bogota, she will obtain her medical examinations - just like she did when applying for the Fuerzas Aereas Colombianas in 2007 - Colombian Air Force. I will be obtaining all related Packet 3 Paperwork, and taking necessary paperwork to her as well.

On the Academic front, I plan on visiting some School sites where Developmentally Disabled students and Disadvantaged youths are educated. At the top of my list is Shakira's Pies Dezcalsos school. There, students who are displaced due to floods/natural events, and warfare are given a place to receive an education. Also, La Cruz Roja (Red Cross) has a facility in Southern Barranquilla where students who are Mentally Disabled are taught Functional Skills - just like the work that I do full-time here in Southern CA. 100% of my students are primarily Spanish-speaking during my summer program, so it is fun practicing my academic vocabulary with them. These observations will be made in order to gain a wider perspective with regards to special services made to those with disabilities. Don't worry, there will be tons of photographs posted, then linked from my website to show everyone what it is like there.

feria%20colombia%20responsable%202.jpgshakira.jpg

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Leidys was sent some $$ to obtain her Colombian Passport and DAS - Police background check. The Colombian Passport will be utilized along with a Visa inserted inside of it that will serve as the one-way ticket into the USA at LAX - her POE. In Bogota, she will obtain her medical examinations - just like she did when applying for the Fuerzas Aereas Colombianas in 2007 - Colombian Air Force. I will be obtaining all related Packet 3 Paperwork, and taking necessary paperwork to her as well.

On the Academic front, I plan on visiting some School sites where Developmentally Disabled students and Disadvantaged youths are educated. At the top of my list is Shakira's Pies Dezcalsos school. There, students who are displaced due to floods/natural events, and warfare are given a place to receive an education. Also, La Cruz Roja (Red Cross) has a facility in Southern Barranquilla where students who are Mentally Disabled are taught Functional Skills - just like the work that I do full-time here in Southern CA. 100% of my students are primarily Spanish-speaking during my summer program, so it is fun practicing my academic vocabulary with them. These observations will be made in order to gain a wider perspective with regards to special services made to those with disabilities. Don't worry, there will be tons of photographs posted, then linked from my website to show everyone what it is like there.

feria%20colombia%20responsable%202.jpgshakira.jpg

We're all expecting souvinirs. :) Hope you have a fun trip! Won't be long now!

But back to dresses (very simple, but also silk)

post-61777-1247096278_thumb.jpg

Ok...well, in the spirit of wedding dresses :D .....

image_974_83685.jpg

Just a picture I found online of one I tried on a few weeks ago and LOVE.

Lisa, let's see yours!!!!

Very pretty! I love that one!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes I like the gold duo as well....ladies I love those dresses you put up, my goodness they are gorgeous! here's my dress..hope i still fit into it with my stress-eating i've been doing lately! Grrrr! LOL. I tried my dress on and sent the picture to my family in Canada and Nigel's parents being they wont be able to come for the wedding...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok my dress didnt show up on that post...too big of file...i put my picture up awhile ago i think....anyways, i was thinking of the same dress by JKCREW that simple silk one above...but i didnt like not trying something on being that was from online!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
Leidys was sent some $$ to obtain her Colombian Passport and DAS... In Bogota, she will obtain her medical examinations... I will be obtaining all related Packet 3 Paperwork, and taking necessary paperwork to her as well.
Busy busy busy ........ and EXCITING!
... I plan on visiting some School sites where Developmentally Disabled students and Disadvantaged youths are educated... just like the work that I do full-time here... to gain a wider perspective with regards to special services made to those with disabilities...
Interesting, a couple family members work in the same field and I'd be curious of your findings. Did you call ahead so that they know you might be coming? I commend you on your work! Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.