Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Skype video worked this morning!!!!!!!! :dance: For the first time in nearly six months, I got to see Lamine's face. He was so excited that he called me at 3 in the morning, but I didn't mind at all. We just stared at one another and giggled, mostly, but it was a beautiful hour and a half. God, I love that kid.

aww thats so sweet! I'm happy you got to see him, makes all the difference in the world doesnt it?

Thanks! It does make all the difference :) I hope we get a chance to do that again soon. All day long, I've just been picturing his sweet, smiling face, and it's helped keep the work day blues away.

Did you take lot of snapshots? I downloaded the free program that lets me capture the video too.

moving right along

Filed: Timeline

My fiance just faxed me a copy of the NOA1 since I'm going to need it when I go down there this weekend and while he originally told me that the "notice date" was aprill 22nd I took a look at it and the actual notice date was May 5th. ...

I think they received your file on 22nd and notified you on the 5th. That's similar to my timeline. They received it on 23rd and notified on 5th. I think a lot of people entered the received date as their NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Usagroom, You, know, I didn't even think about the snapshots until later. I'd never used the video skype before, so I wasn't even aware of it. How do I download the video feature? I was just so focused on seeing him there and then that it never crossed my mind to do anything else...

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Timeline
Usagroom, You, know, I didn't even think about the snapshots until later. I'd never used the video skype before, so I wasn't even aware of it. How do I download the video feature? I was just so focused on seeing him there and then that it never crossed my mind to do anything else...
I use CamStudio which after you mess with a few minutes is easy to use (
. Skype itself has a ton of extras (click on Tools - Extras - Get Extras).

I usually take (she does too) a ton of snapshots then delete the duplicates etc. afterwards, I think there is a snapshot button on the video screen. I probably have 10-20 videos. We send digital picture files to each other in Skype too.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Group-

So I read a lot of comments from the last week... usagroom, you crack me up brother. Anyhow, Nan and I might have to wait another six months before I file for us again. We need her house registration, and consent form from her mother. Nan will not be 20 untill late October (20 is the legal age of majority in thailand), which puts us past the 4 month window for our petitions validity. So we are just going to have to wait. Not a big deal in the big picture I guess. I will already be deployed, so we will be in the 6 month wait basket like the rest of folks... Oh well.

As for those who left positive comments, Thank you.

For those who left the not so positive comments... Thank you.

If anyone knows the Thai culture, they would understand that family is the biggest part of Thai life. So for a Thai to want to up and leave their family behind, they must really be in love with that perosn they are going to go off with. Nan does not speak with her mother, so I know she is not after my money... (she has known that I am broke for a long time) And we have been together for a long time, so I know we will work (we work better when we are physically togther than apart, and we do just fine apart.)

Hope everyone in the group is doing well.

"Playing the waiting game"

istockphoto_1968723-take-a-number-machine.jpg

Neil

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello Group-

So I read a lot of comments from the last week... usagroom, you crack me up brother. Anyhow, Nan and I might have to wait another six months before I file for us again. We need her house registration, and consent form from her mother. Nan will not be 20 untill late October (20 is the legal age of majority in thailand), which puts us past the 4 month window for our petitions validity. So we are just going to have to wait. Not a big deal in the big picture I guess. I will already be deployed, so we will be in the 6 month wait basket like the rest of folks... Oh well.

As for those who left positive comments, Thank you.

For those who left the not so positive comments... Thank you.

If anyone knows the Thai culture, they would understand that family is the biggest part of Thai life. So for a Thai to want to up and leave their family behind, they must really be in love with that perosn they are going to go off with. Nan does not speak with her mother, so I know she is not after my money... (she has known that I am broke for a long time) And we have been together for a long time, so I know we will work (we work better when we are physically togther than apart, and we do just fine apart.)

Hope everyone in the group is doing well.

"Playing the waiting game"

istockphoto_1968723-take-a-number-machine.jpg

Neil

Hey Neil, just so you know as well, you can extend the time of it if you need to, so that you dont have to refile after everything you have already done. You just have to write the embassy requesting a later date (after october) for her interview. Plus being stuck in AP, they will extend yours a bit automatically as that can take about 30-50 days to get through sometimes.

I would hate to see you losing money and more time by refiling if you can just ask them to wait.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oops I didnt read the I will already be deployed part. You may be able to ask for an extension past your deployment due to the fact you would not be able to fulfill the requirements of marriage within 30 days if you aren't in the country. If you are going to be deployed for 6 months or so it shouldn't be too big of an issue, I believe I've read that they can extend for an extra year or so for valid reasons, and thats definately a valid reason.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
... usagroom, you crack me up brother. ... We need her house registration, and consent form from her mother. Nan will not be 20 untill late October (20 is the legal age of majority in thailand)... "Playing the waiting game"
Neil,

I am so cautious so I had to voice my opinion. I did not mean to say that Nan and her mom were in cahoots, I just didn't know. I kinda got the idea that age was the factor. Great and sad that you are playing the waiting game too. Keep the pics coming brother. It makes the days pass faster.

moving right along

Timeline

playing the waiting game.........

So_close__yet_so_far_away_by_H1lle.jpg

"So far away; Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more?

It would be so fine to see your face at my door;

Doesn't help to know you're just time away;

Long ago I reached for you and there you stood;

Holding you again could only do me good;

How I wish I could, but you're so far away"

-Carole King

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
"So far away; Doesn't anybody stay in one place any more?

It would be so fine to see your face at my door;

Doesn't help to know you're just time away;

Long ago I reached for you and there you stood;

Holding you again could only do me good;

How I wish I could, but you're so far away"

-Carole King

Awe... that makes me sad. I've been listeing to "Feel's like home to me" by chantal kreviaziuk. I think I need to put on some happy music and stop thinking about 'time'.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes well I sometimes catch myself getting impatient or teary eyed and wish this whole thing would just hurry up as well...aaaaaaargh! Makes you really thankful for stuff when you have to wait for the one you love ...not take ANYTHING for granted....I told Nigel that couples like us usually are for real cause we have to go through so much and really have to make sure of things you know...and when finally together your SOOOOO happy....I can just picture the day he comes home to Phoenix after all of this is done and me picking him up at the airport FOR THE LAST TIME!! OMG I can only imagine!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
where are all of this week's approvals? :angry: watching my igor's list # is my new favorite past time.....

No kidding...the estimated NOA2 approval date has now been stuck 1 day before my NOA1 date (Feb 18th) for the last several days. I feel like I've been staring at Feb 17th forever now!! :whistle: Maybe no one is updating their timeline? Tough to do anything but guess at this point...and keep on waiting

I-129F Sent 2/2/2009

NOA1 2/18/2009

Touch 2/23/2009

NOA2 Approval Date 6/18/2009 (at Igor's List #167 when approved)

NOA2 Received 6/26/2009

I'm having a bad 'waiting' week.... maybe it's because it's the 'emotional' time of the month.. I dunno. LOL (tmi, I know)... but I'm really missing him lately... I also think it's because there's some cool events happening in Santa Barbara (where he is), and London, Ontario (where I am), this coming weekend, so we'll both be off doing 'fun' things, but without each other. :( I hate that. I want to share these things with him, and NOT just through videos and talking about them... I want to EXPERIENCE them together!! @$*%)!&$*)! This is one of the hardest parts about this.... :(

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.