Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Good morning, all! The power was out this morning in Lamine's town, so no Skype. Thanks for the tip Ashenflowers about Skype not working. The tough thing is that Lamine only has access to computers through cyber cafes and if the program's not already downloaded, you're kind of out of luck because the connections tend to be so slow. There's one cyber cafe that has skype and webcams. If Skype works, I'll be thrilled, but if not, we're not losing anything. It sucks, but we've been doing phone cards only this whole time, so we're used to it, I guess...

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Good morning, all! The power was out this morning in Lamine's town, so no Skype. Thanks for the tip Ashenflowers about Skype not working. The tough thing is that Lamine only has access to computers through cyber cafes and if the program's not already downloaded, you're kind of out of luck because the connections tend to be so slow. There's one cyber cafe that has skype and webcams. If Skype works, I'll be thrilled, but if not, we're not losing anything. It sucks, but we've been doing phone cards only this whole time, so we're used to it, I guess...

Strange, I know a least a few dozen people who use it without a problem. Is your problem that you can't connect with each other, is it too slow? Video calls require a fast connection but any Internet cafe should be okay. Skype also has a test call you can click on. Can he get help from the cafe staff? Have either of you ever successfully used Skype?

Thinking of wedding bands while playing the waiting game...

wedding-bands.jpg

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Timeline

Usagroom, the problem really isn't skype or my fiance's ability to use it--it's the fact that most internet cafe's in Senegal (or at least where Lamine is) don't have webcams or skype downloaded (He finally found a cyber cafe with webcams just last week). The other problem is that there are frequent power cuts and the internet connections are often lost. It's a developing country and that's just part of it.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes,

Skype really depends on how fast the internet is...my mom in Canada cant use skype cause her connection is so bad so we have to use the phone then have the webcam on msn messenger at the same time...me and Nigel used to do that...we call it "old school" hehehe.... we've come so far....

Allison

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Hi guys,

Well today Nigel went and sent in for his police report whatever they wanted for the package 3 that we're doing ahead of time...I think there was also something that they had to do so that they had to get the boss at work to sign something as well, same thing you do in Canada and Uk for a passport. So i'm riding his #### to get that stuff done....there is a form that you have to print off as you type online your stuff and it makes a barcode. His printer's messed up so who knows how he's gonna do that without little ol' me! hehehe....My birthday is on Sunday so he sent me a nice gift and money from his parents! Nice!! Love that family!!

Hope all is well with everyone and happy mailbox checking! Hehehehehe!

Allison.

lol... you may not be "riding" alone sister. Boys and their paperwork (just kidding, guys!)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

outlook on Nan getting her passport... next to nill :crying:

Her mother is the only thing standing in the way. She is an evil women who only wants money. She would rather have money than her own daughter. She told me she wanted 500,000.00 baht from me to give Nan the papers she needs. That is roughly $15,750.00 US Dollars.

Major red flag sir.

Just say no. If Nan does not come then you know she is complicit in this ripoff. Don't be played like that. It is a common play from that part of the world. Sorry to say. That is why they are considered a high fraud area. Don't do it.

Nill said that she wasn't in on this with her mother. What I am explaining is that he can stall the Mother until Nan can be with Nill, and then stop making his $25/month payments. :dance:

Can Nan call wherever passports come from and tell them her passport was stolen (essentially it was) or lost and get a new one? Just a thought. It might be less than $15K. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Can Nan call wherever passports come from and tell them her passport was stolen (essentially it was) or lost and get a new one? Just a thought. It might be less than $15K. :)

That would only apply if she had a passport to begin with. I beleive the issue is that she has never had a passport, period.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Liking the projected approval dates: "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 19, 2009 and July 24, 2009*."

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
God, I know the timelines are only an estimate based on VJ timelines, blah, blah, blah, but I so hope that they're somewhat accurate. I actually hope that my file somehow slips in a few weeks early :whistle:

My fiance just faxed me a copy of the NOA1 since I'm going to need it when I go down there this weekend and while he originally told me that the "notice date" was aprill 22nd I took a look at it and the actual notice date was May 5th. VJ timeline bumped me back 2 weeks for that snafu. This is why I do the paperwork and he just looks pretty.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Timeline
That would only apply if she had a passport to begin with. I beleive the issue is that she has never had a passport, period.

I think in most countries all you have to have is proof of citizenship (license/birth cert, etc.). Usually if you are of legal age your parents can't prevent you from getting a passport.

moving right along

Timeline

Skype video worked this morning!!!!!!!! :dance: For the first time in nearly six months, I got to see Lamine's face. He was so excited that he called me at 3 in the morning, but I didn't mind at all. We just stared at one another and giggled, mostly, but it was a beautiful hour and a half. God, I love that kid.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Skype video worked this morning!!!!!!!! :dance: For the first time in nearly six months, I got to see Lamine's face. He was so excited that he called me at 3 in the morning, but I didn't mind at all. We just stared at one another and giggled, mostly, but it was a beautiful hour and a half. God, I love that kid.

aww thats so sweet! I'm happy you got to see him, makes all the difference in the world doesnt it?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Sooooooo happy it worked for you. :dance: It makes all the difference in the world for us. We tried Yahoo, MSN, QQ, but Skype has worked the best and keeps us THISCLOSE!

playing the waiting game.......

water-5.jpg

很快再见我的爱

moving right along

Timeline

aww thats so sweet! I'm happy you got to see him, makes all the difference in the world doesnt it?

Thanks! It does make all the difference :) I hope we get a chance to do that again soon. All day long, I've just been picturing his sweet, smiling face, and it's helped keep the work day blues away.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.