Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

ooohhh How exciting would that be usagroom?! wow. :D

My timeline data keeps changing, but as of right now it says

"Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 17, 2009 and August 22, 2009*. "

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Hmmm..... What's the difference between dialects and languages? Manding and Wolof are definitely two very distinct and different languages. There aren't any similarities between them at all....I know what you're saying, though. Because I speak some Manding, I can also understand some Pulaar and Bambara, etc.

It's been a while since I've posted. I hope everyone is doing well.

Attaya girl, you speak some Bambara? I ni che? I ka kene wa? I che be bo Senegali. Ne che be bo Mali la. U fila bee be se ka Bananakan fo. I jiga, an bena visa soro k'an che bila Ameriki.

My fiance speaks Bambara, though he's not from the Bambara tribe. He's a Bobo or Bwa, which is on the Malian Burkina Border. He speaks French, Bambara, Bomu, Peul (Fula), and Minianka. We speak French together, with a little bit of English and Bambara thrown in.

And its right what you said earlier. They are all distinct languages. Completely different and apart from one another.

Hahaha....I got that I came from Senegal and you come from Mali and that you asked me if I spoke Bambara--which I don't :) some of it is just similar enough to Manding that I can occasionally get the general idea. At least I think that's what you said. I probably just put my foot in my mouth.

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Did I mention I am so happy today/night? Geezus I am so happy. Love has that special thing that can propel you further than anything else.
Lamine and I tried to do the skype video thing today (would've been the first time in almost 6 months since I've seen him), but the girl running the cyber cafe today had no idea how to pull up skype and my fiance is not at all familiar w/computers, so....He's going back on Monday and here's hoping it works. Ok. Off to my weekend job now--trying to keep busy. Hope everyone is doing well!

I am still smiling after our three hour Skype video call yesterday! Get ready to be so happy! We spent an hour just looking at each other and blowing kisses. There is nothing, NOTHING like it. I dance on clouds because of it. I know it will work for you too.

Funny thing, in China public displays of affection are not acceptable. But she was kissing me so loud and I could see many other Chinese women watching behind her and several blew me kisses! All were smiling. Love is something everyone understands!

moving right along

I have been meaning to review Packet 4 materials - Thank you. Packet 4 is dense. Lots of materials to prepare. Original or Certified copy of my Parent's Marriage Certificate? That was 48 years ago!! Insane. I'll be preparing the paperwork...Gracias, Amigo.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I have been meaning to review Packet 4 materials

"WARNING: Remember that Bogota is a very cold city and our waiting room is located outdoors."

holy moley!

moving right along

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What's your VJ adjudication prediction?

Our's is:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 26, 2009 and July 31, 2009

hehe we will trade you timelines Groom :D

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 9, 2009 and August 14, 2009*.

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

outlook on Nan getting her passport... next to nill :crying:

Her mother is the only thing standing in the way. She is an evil women who only wants money. She would rather have money than her own daughter. She told me she wanted 500,000.00 baht from me to give Nan the papers she needs. That is roughly $15,750.00 US Dollars. Nan does not know that I spoke with her mom yet... I was hoping to appeal to her sensibly. Guess not. So now we are stuck. Her dad offered to help me any way he could, but he really can't do anything for us because her mother is the one with the required documents (parents are divorced.) I am lost now... What more can I do. If I wasn't in the military I would have no problem moving to be with her, but unless I want to throw away my future AWOL is not a valid option (yet.)

I have been trying to take everything in stride these last couple weeks, trying to be optimistic, but I am losing hope now. I have no more funds available to bribe her mother with, and not having a vehicle is starting to get me aggravated as well. Good thing work is only 2 miles from my place. Riding the bike to work has started to really get me back in shape anyway. I guess I got that going for me, what do they say?, at least you have your health... haha oh geesh enough of my pity party.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I'm out. :unsure:

Playing the waiting game.

Mother-In-Law-Heart.gif

Click our timeline to view our progress

Disclaimer: Our case was expedited. Do not base your timeline off of this. :)

826666e874.png

ea270d66be.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What kind of documents is it that she needs from her mom?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thats what I was wondering...if theres a way to go around the mom and get said documents from the government, but I have no idea how things work in thailand

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was curious as to that myself .... I know in the Philippines the only real document needed from the parents during the visa process is a Consent to Marry if under age 21 I believe than there is another form between ages 21-25 the parents must sign as well .... does Thailand have something similar to this?

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
outlook on Nan getting her passport... next to nill :crying:

Her mother is the only thing standing in the way. She is an evil women who only wants money. She would rather have money than her own daughter. She told me she wanted 500,000.00 baht from me to give Nan the papers she needs. That is roughly $15,750.00 US Dollars. Nan does not know that I spoke with her mom yet... I was hoping to appeal to her sensibly. Guess not. So now we are stuck. Her dad offered to help me any way he could, but he really can't do anything for us because her mother is the one with the required documents (parents are divorced.) I am lost now... What more can I do. If I wasn't in the military I would have no problem moving to be with her, but unless I want to throw away my future AWOL is not a valid option (yet.)

I have been trying to take everything in stride these last couple weeks, trying to be optimistic, but I am losing hope now. I have no more funds available to bribe her mother with, and not having a vehicle is starting to get me aggravated as well. Good thing work is only 2 miles from my place. Riding the bike to work has started to really get me back in shape anyway. I guess I got that going for me, what do they say?, at least you have your health... haha oh geesh enough of my pity party.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I'm out. :unsure:

Playing the waiting game.

Mother-In-Law-Heart.gif

if u say u get along with the father in law why cant he get a copy of his divorced papers? wasn't he the ex-husband to ur mother in law? he should be able to get if for u. we r going threw something like this that we need a copy of his father birth cert. but no one knows where his father is. on my fiancee birth cert has the wrong fathers name and the place where he was born. so my fiancee went to record place and they are helping him get this straighten out with out his father help . if she does a little leg work i bet she can get one too .

if u say u get along with the father in law why cant he get a copy of his divorced papers?

Agreed. And, what's wrong with your pickup?

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.