3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

IN PROGRESS

Chaz: P3

eotr: P3

Emily: Interview 10/16/09 RFE WAITING FOR PAPERS

Allie: Interview 11/3/09 RFE WAITING FOR PAPERS

James: Interview 11/12/09 <----------------- TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Rhiann: Interview 11/13/09 <----------------- TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Mav: Interview 11/19/09

Ashen: Interview 11/20/09

Star: Interview 12/7/09

:star: Neil: Success 8/31/09

:star: Attaya: Success 9/8/09

:star: Shewack: Success 9/15/09

:star: Perry: Success 9/18/09

:star: ChuckandRhean: Success 10/2/09

:star: SS: Success 10/2/09

:star: Ken: Success 10/7/09

:star: dpds: Success 10/8/09

:star: stlouis: Success 10/19/09

:star: Lisa: Success 10/21/09

:star: Chris and Tanya: Success 10/29/09

Please add and/or correct. P3 means either working on it or sent it in but no interview date yet.

moving right along

Actually, the bad vibes are all due to YOU EotR... I'll leave at that, because I've already reported you for the prior things, and no need to rehash it, since the past couple of months have been nice since we've been ignoring each other.

And btw... I live in Ontario (if you even know where that is), and my fiance is in California.

Wow! :blink: You ignore and report me for nothing? :rolleyes: Half my life I lived three hours from Ontario and I have driven back and forth to California seven times. It's quite easy. Entry into and out of Canada is simple, COMPARATIVELY (that means in comparison to some other places).

I don't ignore you in the least bit. Maybe I should but that's not the way I live my life. If you do, and don't get my point that for Americans, Canada is as close as you can get then so be it. No need to insult and patronize me. Good luck in California.

Actually, I said I reported you long ago for prior things. Trust me, it was warranted at the time, if you recall.. I'd be happy to show you the message, but there's no point. And by ignoring each other, I meant none of 'this', like what's going on right now.

I realize that Canada and America share a very long/close border with each other, and I can understand what you are trying to say... but just please don't try to compare my situation to a couple who hypothetically live only hours from each other. America is huge, and Canada is huge. And people HAVE been denied entry trying to cross. I grew up a 40 minute drive from the border, and where I live right now can get to Detroit in 2 hours, and Buffalo in about 6... it doesn't mean my fiancé, or family once I move, will be just on the other side and mere hours away. Entry IS simple, 'comparatively', and no visa is needed... but there is great expense and time needed to get from one place to the other. And like I said... my brother and his family live in CAMBODIA, so yeah... I get it. I know a nephew is probably not comparable in your mind, but I have still shed tears wishing I could hug my little guy again instead of just seeing pics on a blog... My niece doesn't even know who I am since she's too young, and I am worried my nephew won't recognize me by the time I get to see him again (we're working on connecting on Skype and with photos, but the mail system and internet connections are sketchy there). I CAN empathize, but you seem too busy with insulting and patronizing ME, to be able to understand that.

I do realize you have one of the more difficult situations here, in terms of not being able to visit your girls, and I sympathize believe it or not... but don't make it appear as if everyone else's lives are so easy to them. YES comparatively it is, but it doesn't mean it's not hard for us too.

I don't really see how it's insulting or patronizing to you if I am just trying to explain that.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can you believe it? Just when I thought things were getting better in my sunny state Cali. Starting this Nov 1 they have decided to increase the withholding to 10% so our paychecks will shrink. This is supossed to be a temporary loan, and we should get the money back with our tax refund. But, still this really sucks!!! Just had to vent about this.

Edited by Starlight95

Can you believe it? Just when I thought things were getting better in my sunny state Cali. Starting this Nov 1 they have decided to increase the withholding to 10% so our paychecks will shrink. This is supossed to be a temporary loan, and we should get the money back with our tax refund. But, still this really sucks!!! Just had to vent about this.

wow... that sucks! I grew up in Washington, and got really spoiled having no income tax, now I'm making more money than ever, but because its in Oregon, I'm not taking home anything more than before! I wonder what the actual percent is... I usually use 10% just for calculations sake, but I like to surprise myself with extra $ I wouldn't expect. lol...

I'm scraping everything I can to get the $1,010, and I get to look at my paychecks and see year to date I've paid almost 8k in Oregon State tax alone. Last year I paid 6k, and believe it or not, when I did taxes, I had to pay another $32 because I didn't contribute enough that year. I hate taxes. Hey wait.... wasn't that what came between Riggs's country and mine? :blink: lol.... niiiice.... :devil:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Timeline

wow... that sucks! I grew up in Washington, and got really spoiled having no income tax, now I'm making more money than ever, but because its in Oregon, I'm not taking home anything more than before! I wonder what the actual percent is... I usually use 10% just for calculations sake, but I like to surprise myself with extra $ I wouldn't expect. lol...

I'm scraping everything I can to get the $1,010, and I get to look at my paychecks and see year to date I've paid almost 8k in Oregon State tax alone. Last year I paid 6k, and believe it or not, when I did taxes, I had to pay another $32 because I didn't contribute enough that year. I hate taxes. Hey wait.... wasn't that what came between Riggs's country and mine? :blink: lol.... niiiice.... :devil:

Yeah I really wish I was in Washington righ now :). Maybe I can find a job there once my fiance and I get settled. California is in a deficit right now so they are taking as much money they can. Its really crazy here. I would rather even be in Oregon right now.

That is funny :lol:. Yes taxes get in the way of everything. I hear you on that I hate them with a passion :).

After some research, I found Oregon State taxes are 9% NON refundable... bastards...

But the amounts I wrote aren't just Oregon, its including Federal, Social Security, all sorts of ####### I'll probably never see...

LOL, I WISH I made $80,000 a year... sheesh...

event.png

Chaz & Riggs - Congrats on the progress! I am glad you are moving along and hoping you get a quick interview date.

Thankyou Starlight! I'm hoping the embassy people see that Riggs's birthday is in late December, have mercy on him, and let him get an interview beforehand so we can be together... Sadly we haven't spent a birthday together in 2 years

event.png

Timeline
Chaz & Riggs - Congrats on the progress! I am glad you are moving along and hoping you get a quick interview date.

Thankyou Starlight! I'm hoping the embassy people see that Riggs's birthday is in late December, have mercy on him, and let him get an interview beforehand so we can be together... Sadly we haven't spent a birthday together in 2 years

Aww...I am so sorry to hear that, but once this is over you will be spending every birthday together. November is still not over yet. You could possibly even get a interview the first week of December and then we both can celebrate our SO's approval together :). I will be crossing my fingers for you and praying that you get a December interview way before his birthday. (F)

Aww...I am so sorry to hear that, but once this is over you will be spending every birthday together. November is still not over yet. You could possibly even get a interview the first week of December and then we both can celebrate our SO's approval together :) . I will be crossing my fingers for you and praying that you get a December interview way before his birthday. (F)

Me too... Thanks Starlight! I love reading uplifting things in this forum! lol

event.png

Timeline
Me too :D

Me three! :D

Everybody, just keep progressing! Big hurdles for us were removed this week (after paying the judge and lawyer more money) so maybe we will have a Jan/Feb interview scheduled soon. The moment this court case is finished I will book my flight to China. I have to be back here for business on Dec. 15. If I have to go back there a month afterwards, who cares? This is just a process. :)

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well no progress yet for us, our 40 day wait for the subject access is on the 20th from when we sent it, so hope it wasnt sitting on the table over there for who knows how long before they process it, so hope we get it by the end of the month so we can send it for our visa...so hopefully when you folks have your interviews in December, we will have our visa too....I dont care if its holiday season for travel, I just want him here!!!! AS WE ALL CAN UNDERSTAND..............LOL... Its early here in Az right now, just making my morning coffee and off to work I go..........ugh. Some good tv today and tomorrow, thats a consolation!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Everybody, just keep progressing! Big hurdles for us were removed this week (after paying the judge and lawyer more money) so maybe we will have a Jan/Feb interview scheduled soon. The moment this court case is finished I will book my flight to China. I have to be back here for business on Dec. 15. If I have to go back there a month afterwards, who cares? This is just a process. :)

Good... progress is good!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

Good... progress is good!

Yes and long daily talks about everything under the sun is good prep for marriage. Today we spent an hour exploring our thoughts about celestial beings.

Really

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.