Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys!

Counting down the days for my fiances interview. I just want that day to come tomorrow so I can find out the news :). Well, in the meantime cheering on my VJ family for their upcoming November interviews.

Star

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Besides, moving from Canada is like moving from one USA state to another comparatively... :D

I'm just going to ignore that cause it's not worth the time to respond.

So much bad vibes from you about Canada/USA ashen. I have lived over half my life in a State bordering Canada. Now I live in a State just one away. I know what I am talking about. I can drive to Canada in about 6 hours. That is what I mean by "moving from Canada is like moving from one USA state to another comparatively". No need for you to get upset about it. Comparatively, I CAN NOT DRIVE to China. You CAN easily drive back to see your family and friends. See what I mean? :innocent:

Canada is RIGHT NEXT TO THE USA fer gawds sake.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well as a Canadian as well, I find no offense at that..cause its true actually...it really isnt much different unless your in Az/Ca area where there's palm trees...no palm trees in Canada! lol...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Besides, moving from Canada is like moving from one USA state to another comparatively... :D

I'm just going to ignore that cause it's not worth the time to respond.

So much bad vibes from you about Canada/USA ashen. I have lived over half my life in a State bordering Canada. Now I live in a State just one away. I know what I am talking about. I can drive to Canada in about 6 hours. That is what I mean by "moving from Canada is like moving from one USA state to another comparatively". No need for you to get upset about it. Comparatively, I CAN NOT DRIVE to China. You CAN easily drive back to see your family and friends. See what I mean? :innocent:

Canada is RIGHT NEXT TO THE USA fer gawds sake.

Actually, the bad vibes are all due to YOU EotR... I'll leave at that, because I've already reported you for the prior things, and no need to rehash it, since the past couple of months have been nice since we've been ignoring each other.

And btw... I live in Ontario (if you even know where that is), and my fiance is in California. yes, it's on the same land mass, but it's 2500 miles away. A 4 day drive on average, or roughly a 10-12 hour plane trip that costs hundreds of dollars, because there are NO direct flights from my town to my fiancé's town. It's not THAT easy. Don't act like I don't know what I'm talking about, and have things sooooo easy. Yes some people in Canada/US live only hours away, and culturally it's not that different (though believe me, there are certainly differences), but not everyone lives along the border, or in such close proximity to their significant others. No, it's no USA-China trip, but it's not a hop skip and a jump next door either.

FYI.

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

My fiance lives in Cali like Ashen's does and I also live in Ontario like she does, and it's not very easy to go see them.

Plane tickets still cost quite a bit, they dont just let you walk in and out without much questioning and our fiance's are still far way.

Granted, there are some people who have fiances just across the border and lucky them, but Cali's still pretty far away.

Anyway...

I leave tomorrow for Montreal.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

My fiance lives in Cali like Ashen's does and I also live in Ontario like she does, and it's not very easy to go see them.

Plane tickets still cost quite a bit, they dont just let you walk in and out without much questioning and our fiance's are still far way.

Granted, there are some people who have fiances just across the border and lucky them, but Cali's still pretty far away.

Anyway...

I'm so excited for you!!! Best of luck! I know you'll do great, and don't forget about us when you get approved!!!

Well, I'll let you call you SO first... but we're next after that!!!

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Rhiann what time is your interview? I will be cheering for you, and eagerly waiting to hear the good news :).

All the best and I am sure you will do fine. The best advice I have heard is just be confident and just answer what they ask and nothing more.

Anyway...

I'm so excited for you!!! Best of luck! I know you'll do great, and don't forget about us when you get approved!!!

Here's actually here in Canada right now, he's coming with me :D

I think we're going to get the wireless in the hotel so I'll post when I get back.

As for interview times, it's first come first serve in Montreal, so we're getting there pretty early.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Anyway...

Here's actually here in Canada right now, he's coming with me :D

I think we're going to get the wireless in the hotel so I'll post when I get back.

As for interview times, it's first come first serve in Montreal, so we're getting there pretty early.

I've said it before... but good luck :)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Anyway...

Good luck at your interview! :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Oh, and just because I can't edit my last post but would like to add this for EotR... I also wanted to add that my brother, who is my ONLY sibling, along with my only niece and nephew (who are 6 months and 3 yrs old respectively) and sister in law (so basically my entire immediate family, except my parents) live in Cambodia.... so don't tell me I can easily go see them. With everything going on next year with moving, and filing AOS, and job hunting, and settling in the US, it's likely that I might not see them until midway through 2011, and that's if I'm lucky.

Don't be so quick to judge, when you know nothing of someone's personal situation.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Anyway...

Chaz! You've made progress! Congrats!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Rhiann, good luck at the interview! It's so nice that you SO is there with you :)

Shewack, happy marriage day! I'm sure you both are enjoying your special day!

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Anyway...

Chaz! You've made progress! Congrats!

I KNOW!!! Yay me!!!! :energy::dance::energy:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Actually, the bad vibes are all due to YOU EotR... I'll leave at that, because I've already reported you for the prior things, and no need to rehash it, since the past couple of months have been nice since we've been ignoring each other.

And btw... I live in Ontario (if you even know where that is), and my fiance is in California.

Wow! :blink: You ignore and report me for nothing? :rolleyes: Half my life I lived three hours from Ontario and I have driven back and forth to California seven times. It's quite easy. Entry into and out of Canada is simple, COMPARATIVELY (that means in comparison to some other places).

I don't ignore you in the least bit. Maybe I should but that's not the way I live my life. If you do, and don't get my point that for Americans, Canada is as close as you can get then so be it. No need to insult and patronize me. Good luck in California.

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.