Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Plus is criminal damage a crime of moral turpitude?

Yes, it is, but I'm sure they discussed all this at the interview. Remember how approved you are with only the receipt of the court records. :)

No, letting the air out of someone's tire is not "a crime of moral turpitude". Not by a long shot. Bringing someone to the USA for slavery is, or real criminals. That is what the they are wary of. Let's not mince words. Teen pranks on autos are not.

The adjudicator's manual says differently, dude.

I am wrong anyway. Moral Turpitude is defined in the manual, but I don't believe this offense falls into it in the slightest. You know the manual better than I do.

Sorry

He got a white paper that said under section 221(g)which meant they cant give him the visa at the time because of lack of documentation. He had a new guy interviewing him and a big lady(the boss?) behind him watching over him so that probably didn't help his situation either. Obviously he didnt have what he needed due to pure blind faith going in there. Nigel told me point blank that they said we're approved pending the documentation, cause he would have told me were outright denied and I would have freaked out and so would he have. He told me that he wouldn't have left there without a fight essentially so I think I was right in thinking he had to have proof of his stupid-ness back then. Which I think even in package 3 they stated they want records anyways of whatever stuff you did, so its only logical I believe. The end of this month we should have that subject access, so i'm gonna be curious to see come December when the embassy looks it over to see what they come up with for a verdict.

Hmm...it sounds like this new guy was trying to make a big impresssion on the lady watching over him. So, he made a big deal about this. Normally, I am sure it would not even have caused any delay. Sometimes newbies just go out of the way to find things so their superior feels that they are on top of things. Just my take on this.

He got a white paper that said under section 221(g)which meant they cant give him the visa at the time because of lack of documentation. He had a new guy interviewing him and a big lady(the boss?) behind him watching over him so that probably didn't help his situation either. Obviously he didnt have what he needed due to pure blind faith going in there. Nigel told me point blank that they said we're approved pending the documentation, cause he would have told me were outright denied and I would have freaked out and so would he have. He told me that he wouldn't have left there without a fight essentially so I think I was right in thinking he had to have proof of his stupid-ness back then. Which I think even in package 3 they stated they want records anyways of whatever stuff you did, so its only logical I believe. The end of this month we should have that subject access, so i'm gonna be curious to see come December when the embassy looks it over to see what they come up with for a verdict.

I hope it goes well for you. I really do. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Black’s Law Dictionary contains the following definition of moral turpitude:

“[A]ct of baseness, vileness, or the depravity in private and social duties which man owes to his fellow man, or to society in general, contrary to accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man….Act or behavior that gravely violates moral sentiment or accepted moral standards of community and is a morally culpable quality held to be present in some criminal offenses as distinguished from others….The quality of a crime involving grave infringement of the moral sentiment of the community as distinguished from statutory mala prohibita.”

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/i601_ad...rs_8jun09-6.pdf

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
Plus is criminal damage a crime of moral turpitude?

Yes, it is, but I'm sure they discussed all this at the interview. Remember how approved you are with only the receipt of the court records. :)

No, letting the air out of someone's tire is not "a crime of moral turpitude". Not by a long shot. Bringing someone to the USA for slavery is, or real criminals. That is what the they are wary of. Let's not mince words. Teen pranks on autos are not.

The adjudicator's manual says differently, dude.

I am wrong anyway. Moral Turpitude is defined in the manual, but I don't believe this offense falls into it in the slightest. You know the manual better than I do.

Sorry

Allie...everything will be ok. you have come very far. Think happy thoughts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Mav,

I try to, and then i start reading other posts and getting myself worked up. I know I have to stop this worry and to just do what they tell us to do, and I knew from the start this is what they needed. I know every case is going to be different. So like EOTR said few months earlier, its just a flipping WAITING GAME....waaaaaaaiting..........waaaaaaaaaaiting.........waaaaaiting.........

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
Thanks Mav,

I try to, and then i start reading other posts and getting myself worked up. I know I have to stop this worry and to just do what they tell us to do, and I knew from the start this is what they needed. I know every case is going to be different. So like EOTR said few months earlier, its just a flipping WAITING GAME....waaaaaaaiting..........waaaaaaaaaaiting.........waaaaaiting.........

Well I will be honest , I had to STOP reading all the other posts...especially the few bad ones. I found myself searching for "denials" and whatnot. All that will do is is make you go crazy. Really, it will be ok.

Timeline
Thanks Mav,

Well I will be honest , I had to STOP reading all the other posts...especially the few bad ones. I found myself searching for "denials" and whatnot. All that will do is is make you go crazy. Really, it will be ok.

I have been doing the same and I am seriously going insane as well. I stopped doing that and thought would be more productive and now I am just using this time to confirm all the documents that my fiance has are in order and ready for him to submit. Apparently, our consulate requires us to submit the paperwork to VFS 10 days before his interview. They use the time to study our case and probably make a decision. Everybody at my end keeps telling me that I will be approved and my fiance is so confident about it. I don't know whats wrong with me, and why can't I be more positive. I love VJ, but I just wish I did not know about so many denials. It's really not soothing to the soul.

Mav all the best to you on your SO's interview. I just have a good feeling about it :).

Thanks Mav,

I do the exact same thing and driving myself :wacko:

I havn't really been thinking about much recently.

Just making sure I have all of my paperwork, which I do... and checking it over a few times.

Not much I can do till I get to Montreal, then it'll probably sink in for me.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
I havn't really been thinking about much recently.

Just making sure I have all of my paperwork, which I do... and checking it over a few times.

Not much I can do till I get to Montreal, then it'll probably sink in for me.

You will do fine Rhiann and I am sure you know it to :). I don't know who stresses more in the process. The petitioner or the beneficiary. I feel myself stressing out about this more then my fiance.

My fiance is just doing the same making sure all the paperwork is in order, and he is not so worried about the interview. I am not going to sleep that day of his interview I am thinking of taking that following day off as well.

Timeline

Ya, i can only imagine the wait for you EOTR, thats got to be insane! Well hope Nigel's subject access comes in by the 20th..thats the good o'l 40 days from when it was sent, cause i guess by law they have to have it done in 40 days, whether its been sitting on the counter for how long since we sent it off or they got on it right away we have no clue. Soooo...we'll see...I havent seen Nigel all weekend cause he was at some 70's music weekend on the coast Skegness so he goes back to work tonight...so hope to see him soon...at least we have Skype....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Welcome back EOTR! Don't go Allie! Its a great lesson in selflessness, be happy for others, even if our journey is taking longer... After what happened with you and Nigel, I decided to wait until he gets his ACPO thing to make sure it says "No Trace". He got a ticket for driving without insurance... never went to court, but had to pay a fine... now we don't know what to fill out... criminal past???

Hey there,

i've had plenty of speeding fines & ran a red light once, none of them came up on my ploce clearance. I read some where that as long as it didnt' go to court it doesn't count so i'm pretty sure he'll be wont have a problem. If i can find where i read it i'll add the link.

So "no criminal past"

good Luck x

Shewack

K 1 - Timeline:

11/11/2007 - Met in London

Immigration Started

2009/04/30 - I-129F Delivered to CSC

2009/05/12 - NOA1

2009/05/13 - Cheque cashed

2009/10/16 - arrived in the states, So Good to be with my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009/11/11 - Married at 3pm, 11pm Uk time when we met arhhhhhh lol

AOS, EAD, Travel doc

2009/12/29 - Sent package via FED EX to Dearborn address

2010/01/05 - AOS delivered

2010/01/08 - Recieved emails & txt from form G-1145

2010/01/11 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

2010/01/28 - RFE, I-693

2010/02/01 - New I-693 delivered

2010/02/01 - Recieve Letter about Biometric app.

2010/02/22 - Biometrics Appointment

2010/03/01 - Approved EAD recieved on 2010/03/08

2010/03/01 - Approved AP recieved on 2010/03/15

2010/04/16 - Interview Date

2010/04/16 - AOS Approved, recieved card 2010/04/30

Hi guys, I am one of the April K1 filers. Reah is moving to US. Yay! :dance:

Congrats to others who are flying to US too. Thanks for VJ, and all other members here. :dance:

well done! U must be so excited!! I know I was! Now i'm here it feels like i've been here for ever. U'll have such a nice time being together & I hope u both settle in nicely!

Congratulations! x

Shewack

K 1 - Timeline:

11/11/2007 - Met in London

Immigration Started

2009/04/30 - I-129F Delivered to CSC

2009/05/12 - NOA1

2009/05/13 - Cheque cashed

2009/10/16 - arrived in the states, So Good to be with my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009/11/11 - Married at 3pm, 11pm Uk time when we met arhhhhhh lol

AOS, EAD, Travel doc

2009/12/29 - Sent package via FED EX to Dearborn address

2010/01/05 - AOS delivered

2010/01/08 - Recieved emails & txt from form G-1145

2010/01/11 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

2010/01/28 - RFE, I-693

2010/02/01 - New I-693 delivered

2010/02/01 - Recieve Letter about Biometric app.

2010/02/22 - Biometrics Appointment

2010/03/01 - Approved EAD recieved on 2010/03/08

2010/03/01 - Approved AP recieved on 2010/03/15

2010/04/16 - Interview Date

2010/04/16 - AOS Approved, recieved card 2010/04/30

Welcome back EOTR! Don't go Allie! Its a great lesson in selflessness, be happy for others, even if our journey is taking longer... After what happened with you and Nigel, I decided to wait until he gets his ACPO thing to make sure it says "No Trace". He got a ticket for driving without insurance... never went to court, but had to pay a fine... now we don't know what to fill out... criminal past???

Would that really be a big offense there. Usually, here if you get a ticket for driving without insurance you pay the fine, and its cleared. Jeez...the minor things do they really add up. That is really not a criminal past and should be no relevance to your visa.

Hey there,

i've had plenty of speeding fines & ran a red light once, none of them came up on my ploce clearance. I read some where that as long as it didnt' go to court it doesn't count so i'm pretty sure he'll be wont have a problem. If i can find where i read it i'll add the link.

So "no criminal past"

good Luck x

Thanks guys! I got a call early this morning, Riggs got the certificate and it says "No Trace" !! I was so relieved... :blush:

Should be sending out packet 3 tomorrow! :thumbs:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Timeline

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMhmmmmmmmmmm..........still waitin' over here........whatever. lol.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.