Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
your girls are beautiful. I hope you get to see them soon (F)

Not to dwell in my sadness too much but my girls are two of the most HAPPY people that I know. Every day is a smile. Laughs come so easy to them. They are serious too but they also bubble with joy. I have never been so elated as I was with them and I know that is what awaits the rest of my (and my boys) life when they come. Oh yeah, yesterday was hair color day for my boys (grape and a blue mix):

post-49313-1256593972_thumb.jpg

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ya "sniffle" back to ya....I feel the same way....i'm just super stressed out with worry about our interview...i hope they dont make a big deal about his teenage tire antics....jeezzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline

My girls are so nonplussed. I am all weepy. LOL Maybe because they are Chinese and they have a much longer view of things? I know their heart is at a different level and they must be so hard. I think they are softies too but just need to have room to breathe.

Sorry that I am going on and on.

moving right along

What in the world is taking your fiance so long to send off Packet 3?

formophobia

n. Paralyzing fear, distress, and nervousness caused by the act of entering personal information into a pre-made template. Making simple tasks such as applying for jobs, school, etc. almost impossible for the affected.

see also: Form Anxiety

I would fly over there and sit with him until they are done and mailed. Be annoying the whole time. :D

If I could, I totally would.....

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My eyes are all buggy from reading and reading about the immigration and naturalization act section 212, cause i'm all freaked about Nigel's interview but thankfully to our benefit he was under 18 and did no jail time for his antics so hope it will be ok....AAAAAAAAAAAARGH...every day I go over this in my head, over and over, what if, what if, what is he going to say, etc, etc, I hope to go and have a huge talk to him this weekend before he goes on Monday night to London about his interview etc etc....soooooooooooooooooo, sigh.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok.. I am feeling a bit more confident about his interview now. There are not too many K-1 petitions at my consulate, and another VJ member who's fiance had his interview today just got approved. This is so exciting!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hope you are all doing well.

EOTR-I'm so sorry you've had to be away from your girls for so long, but I hope that you have a beautiful reunion soon.

Allie-hope all goes well w/interview prep! You'll do wonderfully ;)

I posted one wedding picture in the "my photos" section, but it's just one that my mom took and the quality's not great. Still waiting on the other pictures to come in. But at least it's me in a wedding dress :)

event.png

EOTR-I'm so sorry you've had to be away from your girls for so long, but I hope that you have a beautiful reunion soon.

I posted one wedding picture in the "my photos" section, but it's just one that my mom took and the quality's not great. Still waiting on the other pictures to come in. But at least it's me in a wedding dress :)

Wow! It's a beautiful picture! Congratulations! :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

attaya and Lamine,

I am so happy for you. Best wishes for a long and beautiful life together.

October_24,2009_0101.jpg

moving right along

Ok.. I am feeling a bit more confident about his interview now. There are not too many K-1 petitions at my consulate, and another VJ member who's fiance had his interview today just got approved. This is so exciting!!

Star & Allie - Everything will be fine with your interviews! I know it's easy to worry a bit. In the end, it all works out.

EOTR - I wish yours could be resolved faster, but you seem to be hanging in there as well as possible. I hope your trip works out soon.

As for me, visa delivered, tickets booked (before I even woke up!). Sunday, Nov 1st, Ian comes home. :)

Have a good day, people!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

formophobia

n. Paralyzing fear, distress, and nervousness caused by the act of entering personal information into a pre-made template. Making simple tasks such as applying for jobs, school, etc. almost impossible for the affected.

I would fly over there and sit with him until they are done and mailed. Be annoying the whole time. :D

Lets do a donation drive for this! I'll kick in $100. Anyone with me?

moving right along

Your wedding dress was really nice, Attaya!

And your hubby looks so nice in his tux.

The location is pretty, where in the US did you get married?

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
As for me, visa delivered, tickets booked (before I even woke up!). Sunday, Nov 1st, Ian comes home. :)

Woo-hoo! Oh my goodness! If you don't include today, that's only four days away! Lisa, I am so, so, so very happy for you :) After all the AP at NVC and everything, he's finally coming home to you!

Star-I'm certain that everything will go well for you two :)

Allie-same goes for you. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. You'll be back with Nigel in no time.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

formophobia

Lets do a donation drive for this! I'll kick in $100. Anyone with me?

Can I just buy a lottery ticket? I'll let you know if you win! :)

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Beautiful! and love that dress BTW

What is the consensus opinion on getting the SS # ? Before the marriage and then get it changed or wait till after marriage?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.