Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Well, I'm not getting married till January, but I can show off what I'm wearing.

Rhi's Dress

It has beading, even though you can't see it.

Same colour too, except I think it's shown in white. I picked ivory instead.

Stunning!

X2 :thumbs:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

I am trying now to go to China in November because it will look good on our visa app. It'll cost me a couple thousand but it will be sooooo good to hold my girls again. Wish me luck!

Real smart idea. :thumbs: Lots of great family photographs are also a good idea. Lots of smiles and love. You should have seen the sad stares in some of the photos (from the Petiitioners) I saw the other K-1 beneficiaries holding. You could only imagine their stories before meeting their SO's on-line. Keep those receipts and Debit statements, too.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Congrats Star!!!!!!!!! Just you and me left now Chaz. :crying:

Thanks, but I am sure when you and Chaz get the interview it will be in November. I was the last one on this thread to get an approval, and probably going to be the last one to have a visa approval.

You are so sweet! But basic facts are while Chaz may zoom out and get a Nov. interview, I will be lucky to get one by Feb. the way things are going. We are so cool with that, knowing that our love is most important and we will be together soon enough. I am happy to see the rest of you finishing this step! I am trying now to go to China in November because it will look good on our visa app. It'll cost me a couple thousand but it will be sooooo good to hold my girls again. Wish me luck!

That is a good idea at least you will be able to see them and support them just by being there. Just a question once they do get their visa they have six months before they can come to US. So, why are you requesting a mid- January interview when they can possibility get it sooner. Once they get everything resolved and have their visa they can come when they want within 6 months. Unless, there is something I don't know about the interview wait at your consulate.

Good point, Star! I hope that changes something for them. It would be nice for them to be able to come over asap after all they've been through.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Just a question once they do get their visa they have six months before they can come to US. So, why are you requesting a mid- January interview when they can possibility get it sooner. Once they get everything resolved and have their visa they can come when they want within 6 months. Unless, there is something I don't know about the interview wait at your consulate.

They can't take the time to go to the consulate (8 hour train ride) because they are busy with the lawyers and court often every week. This is a big secret too, remember? So we are hoping this will hurry up and finish so we can get the consulate to schedule the interview, usually two months after the P3 is done. Last thing we want is for this process to continue dragging out after we interview and have our visa time run out!

If the guy had not died and his family freaked out, we would probably have a November interview.

*sigh*

Happy wedding day attaya!

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just a question once they do get their visa they have six months before they can come to US. So, why are you requesting a mid- January interview when they can possibility get it sooner. Once they get everything resolved and have their visa they can come when they want within 6 months. Unless, there is something I don't know about the interview wait at your consulate.

They can't take the time to go to the consulate (8 hour train ride) because they are busy with the lawyers and court often every week. This is a big secret too, remember? So we are hoping this will hurry up and finish so we can get the consulate to schedule the interview, usually two months after the P3 is done. Last thing we want is for this process to continue dragging out after we interview and have our visa time run out!

If the guy had not died and his family freaked out, we would probably have a November interview.

*sigh*

Happy wedding day attaya!

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I guess really bad timing for everything, but everything happens for a reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So many things happened here last week. Congratulations to everyone who just got their interview date!

endoftheroad, I wish you also can schedule the interview soon. It's nice that you can go and visit your girls in November :)

attaya_girl, I wish you a very happy marriage with Lamine!

We also had a very busy week. My fiance received his visa on Wednesday (2 days after the interview!). So we could proceed with our plan A ;) which was for him to arrive here on Sunday. So... he is on the plane now and I'm going to meet him at the airport in about 5 hours!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: POE - San Francisco, hope it goes smooth at the airport.

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
So many things happened here last week. Congratulations to everyone who just got their interview date!

endoftheroad, I wish you also can schedule the interview soon. It's nice that you can go and visit your girls in November :)

attaya_girl, I wish you a very happy marriage with Lamine!

We also had a very busy week. My fiance received his visa on Wednesday (2 days after the interview!). So we could proceed with our plan A ;) which was for him to arrive here on Sunday. So... he is on the plane now and I'm going to meet him at the airport in about 5 hours!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: POE - San Francisco, hope it goes smooth at the airport.

This is so exciting! I am sure the POE will go smoothly and you finally will be together.

:dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woohoo, 9 days till interview...! Hope to book tickets for Nov 23rd...we'll see...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thanks stlouis! I know you are very happy together in the USA now!!!

Our interview will be scheduled the minute this court mess in China finishes. It is really quite funny how we have to tiptoe around. Speaking of my soon-to-be-daughter, "Oh, the court will give her nothing if they know she is going to America. But it is written in the official papers that she gets everything." As Bob Dylan once said, "The court is a pig circus, never had a chance." -from the song HURRICANE.

Many understand how developing countries are like what America was when it was developing, the wild wild west.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thanks for all the happy wedding wishes :)

The ceremony was beautiful, and I promise to post pictures later. I'm at work again and scrambling to catch up, but I'll try to write later.

Hope you had an easy POE, Stlouis!

Hope everyone is doing well!

event.png

Thanks for all the happy wedding wishes :)

The ceremony was beautiful, and I promise to post pictures later. I'm at work again and scrambling to catch up, but I'll try to write later.

Hope you had an easy POE, Stlouis!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats, Attaya! Can't wait to see the pictures!

As for us, visa delivery by courier tomorrow! Yay! Ian may be here by the weekend!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.