Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Where is everybody tonight? I guess everyone here is busy preparing for their interviews. :) I am still waiting to hear some news from my fiance on his journey to deliver packet 3. I am glad he is more confident about this whole process then me. I think at least one of us needs to be.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I've yet to see ONE wedding dress. Who will be the first?

jordan-wedding.jpg

First thing I thought when I saw this was "Boobies." :lol:

Big everything! Big hair. Big headdress. Outrageously big bosom. Huge dress. It was the most crazy looking wedding dress pic I could find!!!

moving right along

jordan-wedding.jpg

Big everything! Big hair. Big headdress. Outrageously big bosom. Huge dress. It was the most crazy looking wedding dress pic I could find!!!

At least it wasn't orange. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

jordan-wedding.jpg

Ewwwww, orange :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

jordan-wedding.jpg

Ewwwww, orange :lol:

Orange is my favorite color!

quinceanera-dress-Q374-F-de-8339742.jpg

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I sure hope Nigel's visa will be approved.....oh the anxiety! Also anxiety on how long it takes to RECEIVE the packet in the mail...the airline tickets Nov 23rd and later are running about 900USD which is really high...Nigel's taking his dad with him and having him come home Dec 18th and thats a really bad travel time....but well....u know....who knows if we need any additional stuff from having Nigels "no live trace" on his police thingie. Hope they are ok about him just telling them about the tire thing as a teen...JEEZZZZZ....11 days...............

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Well I sure hope Nigel's visa will be approved.....oh the anxiety! Also anxiety on how long it takes to RECEIVE the packet in the mail...the airline tickets Nov 23rd and later are running about 900USD which is really high...Nigel's taking his dad with him and having him come home Dec 18th and thats a really bad travel time....but well....u know....who knows if we need any additional stuff from having Nigels "no live trace" on his police thingie. Hope they are ok about him just telling them about the tire thing as a teen...JEEZZZZZ....11 days...............

Did you breathe at all during that paragraph? :D It will all be ok. 11 days will come and go quicker than you think.

I feel like it's been a month since our approval, but it's only been 2 days. Hopefully, visa in hand by Tuesday. Next week is Ian's last week of work. We expect the embassy to react like clockwork at this point.

Just keep telling yourself it will all be fine. As long as Nigel brings the forms on the checklist, it's pretty much CAKE. :)

Orange... wedding dress.... hmmm..... I just can't imagine.

Is Attaya getting married this weekend?

In other news: I have our ceremony venue booked (the courthouse... tough one, eh?) and the dinner after the wedding booked, and my parents have bought their flight tickets from Virginia. We are getting married on November 29th. :D

I'm thinking of everyone here and hoping for a speedy finish for this part of your journeys!

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

What in the world is taking your fiance so long to send off Packet 3?

formophobia

n. Paralyzing fear, distress, and nervousness caused by the act of entering personal information into a pre-made template. Making simple tasks such as applying for jobs, school, etc. almost impossible for the affected.

see also: Form Anxiety

I would fly over there and sit with him until they are done and mailed. Be annoying the whole time. :D

Edited by Ian and Lisa

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

Hahaha...well my mind's been going a mile a minute lately....going over stuff....Nigel's working 12 hour days 6 days a week.. and I'm just going over the things for the interview for him and making sure he has everything ready and to remind him to do things and book things...omg....this stuff's crazy...but we're doing it just fine I think! Plus we're hoping for a Dec 15th wedding...so planning that too....whew! I'm hoping all it takes is about 7 days for receiving the visa...that would be nice....ok i'll breathe now...whew! lol

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Ok so my fiance delivered packet 3, and we finally got the interview date. I guess I will break the record with the only one with a December interview. His interview is December 7th, 2009. Yay!!!

Yay, congratulations on getting a date!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
Ok so my fiance delivered packet 3, and we finally got the interview date. I guess I will break the record with the only one with a December interview. His interview is December 7th, 2009. Yay!!!

Thanks its a relief, and I am glad he finally got it :).

Timeline

Wow thats cool....to get a interview date so quickly...good luck to you guys! Am I the next one on the list for interviews?????

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline

Wow thats cool....to get a interview date so quickly...good luck to you guys! Am I the next one on the list for interviews?????

Thanks :). I think you are the first one up. I am confident that Nigel will get approved and then you can finally relax with the process once he is here. I am still waiting on the wedding planning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.