Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Geez, so much in one day!!!! Congrats Allie, Rhiann, Mav, and Ashen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATED IN PROGRESS

Chaz: P3

eotr: P3

Star: P3

Emily: Interview 10/16/09 RFE WAITING

Lisa: Interview 10/21/09 <------------- TOMORROW!!!!!!!

Allie: Interview 11/3/09

James: Interview 11/12/09

Rhiann: Interview 11/13/09

Mav: Interview 11/19/09

Ashen: Interview 11/20/09

Attaya: Success

dpds: Success

Ken: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

SS: Success

stlouis: Success

Please add and/or correct. P3 means either working on it or sent it in but no interview date yet.

oops, just saw you posted it star, thanks!

Trying to help you out :lol:. It's been hard to keep up today :lol:. So, happy for everyone, but I think I need to mark all these in my calendar so I don't forget :).

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
waiting anxiously for word on my girls day in court...

Dang, there's that word again... WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTIINNNGGGG!

Okay, all went well. The judge ruled in my girl's favor all the way. Ordered the ex-family to bring the title for the house and the bank material at the final hearing in October (they were supposed to bring them today for the judgement). Told them if they did not then the court would seize their house and bank accounts, and place them under arrest.

We have hopes that this will be the end of this and my girls can interview in November and be here by Thanksgiving. :thumbs:

Today the judge ordered the police to arrest the family members because they have failed to provide the bank information. Uh, ever heard anything about Chinese police? Not exactly the friendship squadron.

This is not good news for their family. Truly desperate bad people they are. My girls are actually sad for this because it is so senseless that they forced this. We think they spent the money or are hiding it somewhere else.

moving right along

Timeline

anywhooooooo, I thought I'd add the success date to our group's members. Along the way I found some I had left out so they have been added.

UPDATED IN PROGRESS

Lisa: Interview 10/21/09 <------------- TOMORROW!!!!!!!

Chris and Tanya: Interview 10/29/09

Attaya: Success 9/8/09

ChuckandRhean 10/2/09

dpds: Success 10/8/09

Ken: Success 10/7/09

Neil: Success 8/31/09

Perry: Success 9/18/09

Shewack: Success 9/15/09

SS: Success 10/2/09

stlouis: Success 10/19/09

Please add and/or correct. P3 means either working on it or sent it in but no interview date yet.

moving right along

Timeline

Anyone here had to fill out DS230-Part 1 as their packet 3? They ask for spouses information. But, we are not married yet. I was thinking of just telling him to put N/A. I am just confirming everything as he is leaving for the consulate tomorrow. What would be the best way to go? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Star

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
waiting anxiously for word on my girls day in court...

Dang, there's that word again... WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTIINNNGGGG!

Okay, all went well. The judge ruled in my girl's favor all the way. Ordered the ex-family to bring the title for the house and the bank material at the final hearing in October (they were supposed to bring them today for the judgement). Told them if they did not then the court would seize their house and bank accounts, and place them under arrest.

We have hopes that this will be the end of this and my girls can interview in November and be here by Thanksgiving. :thumbs:

Today the judge ordered the police to arrest the family members because they have failed to provide the bank information. Uh, ever heard anything about Chinese police? Not exactly the friendship squadron.

This is not good news for their family. Truly desperate bad people they are. My girls are actually sad for this because it is so senseless that they forced this. We think they spent the money or are hiding it somewhere else.

Oh my gosh! All these things these girls have to endure. I am sure their is going to be something positive coming at the end. This is only temporary and all that they have had to suffer will just seem like a bad dream.

Anyways, just putting N/A I really don't think K-1 applicanct should be required to fill that form. Or they need to change the verbage.

Timeline
Oh my gosh! All these things these girls have to endure. I am sure their is going to be something positive coming at the end. This is only temporary and all that they have had to suffer will just seem like a bad dream.

Anyways, just putting N/A I really don't think K-1 applicanct should be required to fill that form. Or they need to change the verbage.

Don't know what to say about the "spouse" thing, maybe attach a note that says there is no spouse? Maybe PM pushbrk?

As for our situation, yeah their family is really crazy and the judge told them off in court. We did get the house paper though so that is good. The money is more for my girl's education later. ####### that they try to pretend they care so much about her but they want her money now. The judge saw right through them and said so.

*sigh*

Of course this all had to happen in the same month we got the P3. But we are not feeling the punches now, we have weathered so much. They hit and hit at us, and we just stand back. Time is on our side.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Don't know what to say about the "spouse" thing, maybe attach a note that says there is no spouse? Maybe PM pushbrk?

As for our situation, yeah their family is really crazy and the judge told them off in court. We did get the house paper though so that is good. The money is more for my girl's education later. ####### that they try to pretend they care so much about her but they want her money now. The judge saw right through them and said so.

*sigh*

Of course this all had to happen in the same month we got the P3. But we are not feeling the punches now, we have weathered so much. They hit and hit at us, and we just stand back. Time is on our side.

Star - Look at the example forms. If you've never been married, then they are a perfect resource.

EOTR - What an insane situation. I hope it will all be over soon and the drama will be over.

Just sent our K1 packet off via UPS 2-day letter. So exciting!!

APPROVED!

Some days, I love the time difference between Omaha and London. This is one of those days. I was awakened at 4:30 am by a very happy fiance who says the embassy has blessed his arrival in America! We were very confident (thanks to endless reading of VisaJourney!), by the end of yesterday, that all the paperwork was in order. Ian said he was asked 4 questions... the "how did you meet", "when were you engaged", etc. sort of things. The man interviewing him at the embassy said his sister met her husband online and they'd been married 10 years. :) They said he should have his paper visa within 5 days and he will be ready to fly at that point. We're both very excited! :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Wow! Yay! Congrats to EotR and congrats to Ian and Lisa!!!!!! I was just coming to wish you good luck Lisa, and realized that his interview might have already come and gone... haha!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Lisa, Congratulations!!!!!!!! I was coming on here to wish you good luck too, but wow! I'm so happy for you two! After being stuck in AP for so long, you're finally done! I may have missed this, but when is he planning on arriving here?

EOTR-I'm sorry that there is so much going on with your girls in China, but I hope that you get to see them soon, soon, soon.

These last two days have been amazing in this thread! I'm so happy for all of you :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats Lisa, well done! Yes so much has progressed for all us April filers this last few days, its all good huh. EOTR glad things are starting to work out for your family too! Lets make sure we post some wedding photos when the time comes!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well I called the DOS today and Anna told me we have a INTERVIEW NOV 3RD! WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

41297071_9385767_thumbnail.jpg

Hehe, that picture made my day! I love it! Looooooooooots of chocolate is a good thing! Lol

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Well I called the DOS today and Anna told me we have a INTERVIEW NOV 3RD! WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

41297071_9385767_thumbnail.jpg

Hehe, that picture made my day! I love it! Looooooooooots of chocolate is a good thing! Lol

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats! It's so exciting that we were able to follow VisaJourney and get through all of this with everyone's support and advice. :) I wish everyone still waiting for the next step a very quick and happy journey. I'll be here cheering you on!

The plan for travelling, Attaya, is to wait 5 - 10 days for the visa delivery, then the flight will be relatively immediate. Ian's ready to go. All he has to do is pack his clothes and fly. :)

My dad is already asking me for wedding details. I explained that we can't do a thing until our visa is in hand.

Have a good day everyone!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

APPROVED!

SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

UPDATED IN PROGRESS

Chris and Tanya: Interview 10/29/09

:star: Neil: Success 8/31/09

:star: Attaya: Success 9/8/09

:star: Shewack: Success 9/15/09

:star: Perry: Success 9/18/09

:star: ChuckandRhean: Success 10/2/09

:star: SS: Success 10/2/09

:star: Ken: Success 10/7/09

:star: dpds: Success 10/8/09

:star: stlouis: Success 10/19/09

:star: Lisa: Success 10/21/09

moving right along

Timeline

*sigh*

Star - Look at the example forms. If you've never been married, then they are a perfect resource.

EOTR - What an insane situation. I hope it will all be over soon and the drama will be over.

APPROVED!

Some days, I love the time difference between Omaha and London. This is one of those days. I was awakened at 4:30 am by a very happy fiance who says the embassy has blessed his arrival in America! We were very confident (thanks to endless reading of VisaJourney!), by the end of yesterday, that all the paperwork was in order. Ian said he was asked 4 questions... the "how did you meet", "when were you engaged", etc. sort of things. The man interviewing him at the embassy said his sister met her husband online and they'd been married 10 years. :) They said he should have his paper visa within 5 days and he will be ready to fly at that point. We're both very excited! :)

CONGRATS!! Took a quick break from work to see your good news. Yay!!!!! :dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.