Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Just back from my interview in London, England today guys... Frustrating to say the least. Im really tired so I will give you a quick summary! Everything went well up until the last minute of my interview. She said everything looks to be in order but then she told me that they are going to need me to get a police certificate with fingerprints from Australia. I went on a working holiday visa to Australia 5 years ago for a total of 361 days.... not one year or more.

It says clearly in the Instructions of Packet 3 - "If the applicant…lived in a different country for more than 12 months"

I didnt live there for more than 12 months so I dont really understand why they would do that? Couldnt they have told me that they were going to require that before now? I could have applied for it months ago and had it for them today. Now it has set our plans way back and its really frustrating. I was going to book my ticket for the 20th of November when I got home today :(

Emily is really upset as she was really looking forward to booking our wedding stuff today or tomorrow...Now it looks like we are going to have to wait at least another month. Apparently its 15 working days for the Police check with Fingerprints in Australia and combine that with postage times from here to there and from there to here it could well be over a month before I even get the certificate back from Australia....Then I have to send it on to the embassy who have to process it and send me my visa...

Really sucks. Just want to get over there and we thought we were so close.

Wow... That does suck. I scanned through the police requirements, and it doesn't appear there is expedited processing, but you can save some mailing transit time, at least, by overnighting things where you can. I'll be hoping for a speedy resolution!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

....somebody get me some chocolate!!!

picB.jpg

or.....

candy.jpg

SS-congrats on the wedding plans :)

to everyone else-hope you're doing well.

Your a jewel....always need chocolate...especially now...that and a corona...LOL..

Corona? You need a Guinness, sister! :) Ian says you can't get a good Guinness outside of England. LOL I bet he'd choose it over Budweiser. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... She said everything looks to be in order but then she told me that they are going to need me to get a police certificate with fingerprints from Australia...

Sorry to hear it. Was it the white slip with consular signature or the blue slip? Don't worry though, it'll all be over shortly! :thumbs:

Corona? You need a Guinness, sister! :) Ian says you can't get a good Guinness outside of England. LOL I bet he'd choose it over Budweiser. :)

Be sure to have a six pack of Corona and Bud when he arrives and say WELCOME TO AMERICA!! :D

moving right along

Timeline

IN PROGRESS

Allie: P3

Ashen: P3

Chaz: P3

dpds: P3

EOTR: P3

James: P3

Mav: P3

Rhiann: P3

Star: P3

Emily: Interview 10/16/09 RFE

StLouis: Interview 10/19/09 <------------- IN THREE DAYS!!!!!!!

Lisa: Interview 10/21/09 <------------- IN FIVE DAYS!!!!!!!

Attaya: Success

Ken: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

SS: Success

Please add and/or correct. P3 means either working on it or sent it in but no interview date yet.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
... She said everything looks to be in order but then she told me that they are going to need me to get a police certificate with fingerprints from Australia...

Sorry to hear it. Was it the white slip with consular signature or the blue slip? Don't worry though, it'll all be over shortly! :thumbs:

Be sure to have a six pack of Corona and Bud when he arrives and say WELCOME TO AMERICA!! :D

It was the blue slip. What is the difference between the two?

K-1 Visa Timeline

{April 3 2009 }-- Mailed packet to CSC via Priority Mail

{April 6 2009 }-- Received at CSC

{April 7 2009 }-- Cheque cashed

{April 8 2009 }-- NOA1 issued

{April 12 2009 }-- NOA1 Received

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch was the NOA2!

{July 28 2009 }-- NVC Received Case

{Aug 10 2009 }-- Packet 3 sent

{Sep 24 2009 }-- Called Department of State to check if Packet 3 was received in London - It was

{Sep 29 2009 }-- Called Department of State again to see if appointment date was Issued...it was!

{Oct 12 2009 }-- Going to have Medical in London

{Oct 16 2009 }-- Interview in London - Asked for a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia

{Oct 23 2009 }-- Sent away for Police clearance

{Nov 20 2009 }-- Received Police Clearance certificate

{Nov 24 2009 }-- Embassy Courier Collected Police Clearance and Passport

{Nov 30 2009 }-- Passport and Police Clearance qualified by Embassy

{Dec 8 2009 }-- Visa Issued

{Dec 10 2009 }-- Visa received in Belfast!

{Dec 14 2009 }-- Went through Immigration in Dublin and arrived in Indiana!

{Dec 21 2009 }-- Married 1000 Feet up in the air at the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas

AOS Timeline

{Apr 1 2010 }-- Sent AOS, EAD and AP package

{Apr 12 2010 }-- NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

{May 12 2010 }-- Biometrics Appointment

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that EAD card had been ordered

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that AP had been approved

Timeline

It was the blue slip. What is the difference between the two?

Ummmmmmmm, do a search here for the difference. :unsure:

moving right along

aww... E&G I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Best of luck getting what they're looking for. It'll all work out in the end! You'll still be able to make it together by Christmas :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok, so my dad delayed his trip by two weeks. So, I am have been running around like a mad women :wacko: trying to gather all the documents. On the plus side it gives me more time to look at my documents again. I don't want to rush through it and get an RFE for the 2nd time :lol:.

So, here is the deal guys. NVC sent out my petition on 10/9/09, so my fiance and I thought it would be ok to send out Packet 3 on Monday at least get an interview date. I am pretty sure they have it now. I guess I will just email them to confirm.

NVC operaters are so much more helpful, and provide a lot more information. I like their hours as it helps me out after work.

How is everybody doing? I have to catch up on all the posts.

Emily sorry to hear about the RFE, but I am sure once you provide that you will get the visa. You are not too far away now.

Ian Lisa & St. Louis I am crossing my fingers for you, and as I said before it will be a success.

Star

Ok, so my dad delayed his trip by two weeks. So, I am have been running around like a mad women :wacko: trying to gather all the documents. On the plus side it gives me more time to look at my documents again. I don't want to rush through it and get an RFE for the 2nd time :lol:.

So, here is the deal guys. NVC sent out my petition on 10/9/09, so my fiance and I thought it would be ok to send out Packet 3 on Monday at least get an interview date. I am pretty sure they have it now. I guess I will just email them to confirm.

NVC operaters are so much more helpful, and provide a lot more information. I like their hours as it helps me out after work.

Emily sorry to hear about the RFE, but I am sure once you provide that you will get the visa. You are not too far away now.

Ian Lisa & St. Louis I am crossing my fingers for you, and as I said before it will be a success.

Star

Hiya! Thanks for the good wishes!

Just wanted to say I hope the rest of the process goes very speedily for you and everyone. We are set to "GET PINK" on Wednesday. Ian is nervous, but I keep assuring him it will be fine! He's just paid the equivalent of $30 for 4 American passport photos. Good gosh! (Snappy Snaps, Allie)

BTW, if you email NVC, they will take 2 weeks to get back to you. Hopefully you're emailing the consulate or DOS. And you've got your new case number, I take it? Keep in touch with DOS... they're really good with providing information.

Have a good weekend peoples!

Good point! :) LMAO

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

Star

Just wanted to say I hope the rest of the process goes very speedily for you and everyone. We are set to "GET PINK" on Wednesday. Ian is nervous, but I keep assuring him it will be fine! He's just paid the equivalent of $30 for 4 American passport photos. Good gosh! (Snappy Snaps, Allie)

BTW, if you email NVC, they will take 2 weeks to get back to you. Hopefully you're emailing the consulate or DOS. And you've got your new case number, I take it? Keep in touch with DOS... they're really good with providing information.

Thanks for that information. I forgot about calling DOS, and I just emailed the consulate to confirm if they recieved. I am confident it is recieved by now. It was went out on 10/9/09 and its almost a week now. We are not going to wait around to get the mail for packet 3 and will sent out the documents on Monday as we have our NVC case number. I really hope I get a November interview date.

Timeline
Don't mean to sound whiny with my last posts but this is just so frustrating and I am so helpless except to give moral support to my girls.

I understand endoftheroad. You can vent here as much as you want we are all here to support you. I just wish that you did not have to go through all this, but more power to you to being so patient and dealing with this and still managed to keep going just like a energizer bunny. God has given you a lot of patience jut keep it up. Like I always say there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes we have to go through various hoops to get there, but we will get there. Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday!

Btw anybody read up on that story about the boy in the balloon. The verdict here seem to be that it was a hoax.

So, after catching up on some post on the regional forums it seems like if my fiance delivers his Packet 3 in person they will give him his interview date and packet 4 on the same day. I am going to update him on this idea tomorrow and see what he thinks, at the same time waiting for a confirmation on this from another VJ member. I can't really depend on snail mail in India.

Star

Ok, so my dad delayed his trip by two weeks. So, I am have been running around like a mad women :wacko: trying to gather all the documents. On the plus side it gives me more time to look at my documents again. I don't want to rush through it and get an RFE for the 2nd time :lol: .

Star

Thanks for that information. I forgot about calling DOS, and I just emailed the consulate to confirm if they recieved. I am confident it is recieved by now. It was went out on 10/9/09 and its almost a week now. We are not going to wait around to get the mail for packet 3 and will sent out the documents on Monday as we have our NVC case number. I really hope I get a November interview date.

Good luck to you, Star! I hope it does work that way :)

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

EOTR - So when are you looking at an interview? I'm just trying to remember if it was before or after the holidays. I hope everything gets straightened around soon!

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

Ok, so after careful consideration and reading some posts regarding others interviewing at the Mumbai Consulate. It seems to be that if you deliver packet 3 in person to the consulate they will give you interview date the same day. So, my fiance is going to go next week and do that. I hope it all goes well, as Mumbai is not close by. It's like a drive from Cali to Las Vegas, NV but just imagine the roads to be a bit more horrible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.