Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I'm kinda tempted to say "What, only a month of waiting?" cause I'm bound to wait like 3+ months, but I need to keep my rage to myself :lol:

Is there a high five emoticon? Cause I'm with you on that.... so yeah.. :thumbs:

lol

While I know a month would still seem like a long time to those of you waiting, personally, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to only wait a month to have an interview. All my plans would fall in line perfectly.. but as it stands, I have NO clue when my interview will be, and it might not even be this year.... same with Rhiann.

That's all I'm going to say now... I don't want to complain about it anymore. Most of you are the U.S. citizens, but I'm not... I'm the one giving up everything to move there... so for now I will enjoy what little time I have left with all my friends and family

ashen, rhiann-I'm so sorry you guys have to wait so d*mn long for your interview. I hope that the wait ends soon.

Ken-Good luck today!!!!!!

Allie-hang in there-just a little while longer, then maybe Nigel can be here with you for Thanksgiving :)

Lisa-have you heard anything new on your case, or are you in the same waiting boat?

endoftheroad-hope you and girls are doing well and that you get to see one another soon.

Starlight-how is the progress on P3?

Oh-and I didn't have a P4, but I can see the desire to have something marked as other than P3 when P3 has been completed. How about waiting for interview? They used to have a list like this in the Sub-Saharan forum and that's what they did.

As for us, wedding date looking like October 24. No details other than that. Oh! The social security office that gave us so much hassle, got in TROUBLE!!! A woman I know works closely with the office, and she was outraged and contacted two people from the office (one of whom was the supervisor), and they had their regional director come down to the office to give them new training so that this doesn't happen again :)

That is great that they are taking some kine of action. Good going on that. Next time they will know better and not give people so much hassle. I am glad that you have date on the wedding. This is so exciting! :)

NVC just recieved my petition yesterday and now I am in AP. I hope I am not there too long.

Timeline
Aw man, AP?

That sucks Star.

I hope you get out of there fast.

Yeah I hope so. I wonder if they do additional processing with all petitions. Is this a common protocal?

But, yes you were right I had to call NVC like 5 times in the course of 6 hours before I got a hold of a liveperson. The phone is always busy. But, once I gave them my petition number they were able to tell me exactly where it was at. On the bright side my petition was just recieved yesterday. So, hoping I will not be stuck in AP for too long.

AP is pretty common.

I hear they just pull a bunch of random petitions and do extra checks on them.

Not sure how "random" their process is, but hopefully you should get out of there in a week.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
AP is pretty common.

Not sure how "random" their process is, but hopefully you should get out of there in a week.

Yeah, mine had to be that random one of course :(.

AP is pretty common.

Yeah, mine had to be that random one of course :( .

I was in AP... found out on Friday, then Monday I was approved, Tuesday sent to London. I think Additional Processing is just normal, Administrative Processing is what takes forever...(or what at least feels like forever...)

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Okay, I will say I know Brian Wilson personally and this year I talked with him about this song. He said as I think, "don't worry" is what we all hope and that is what made it a #1 song when it was released (not to mention it was a Beach Boys song and they had a string of top songs). I told him I cry now when I hear it and he said he can't perform it live much anymore for the same reason. Hopes are so hard on the heart.

moving right along

Timeline

Well its been building up inside of me

For oh I don't know how long

I don't know why but I keep thinking

Something's bound to go wrong

But she looks in my eyes

And makes me realize

When she says "Don't worry baby"

Don't worry baby

Everything will turn out alright

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

I guess I should've kept my mouth shut

When I start to brag about my car

But I can't back down now because

I pushed the other guys too far

She makes me come alive

and makes me want to drive

When she says "Don't worry baby"

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

She told me "Baby, when you race today

Just take along my love with you

And if you knew how much I loved you

Baby nothing could go wrong with you"

Oh what she does to me

When she makes love to me

And she says "Don't worry baby"

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

Don't worry baby

============

much deeper than a car racing song

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline
AP is pretty common.

Yeah, mine had to be that random one of course :( .

I was in AP... found out on Friday, then Monday I was approved, Tuesday sent to London. I think Additional Processing is just normal, Administrative Processing is what takes forever...(or what at least feels like forever...)

Thanks that clears a lot of things up. Hopefully, they will approve my file next week and send it off to the consulate.

hoping I will not be stuck in AP for too long.

You are moving along just fine, every file gets AP. Don't fret. Mine got AP too, a couple of days later it was moving on to the consulate.

Nice song, and thanks feel a bit better about AP now. I guess it is normal.

A friend of mine once told me that only 3% of the things we actually worry about will come to fruition... I don't know or care if that's accurate, or even where she heard it, but I respect her philosophy because she's really a great person and really deals quite gracefully with what life has handed her... regardless of the truth of that statement, if you apply it to the things you worry about, and realize that whatever you're worrying either doesn't matter, or won't make a difference in the long run, or won't even happen at all... it makes a big difference. :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
A friend of mine once told me that only 3% of the things we actually worry about will come to fruition... I don't know or care if that's accurate, or even where she heard it, but I respect her philosophy because she's really a great person and really deals quite gracefully with what life has handed her... regardless of the truth of that statement, if you apply it to the things you worry about, and realize that whatever you're worrying either doesn't matter, or won't make a difference in the long run, or won't even happen at all... it makes a big difference. :)

Your friends philosophy is very wise and makes a lot of sense. It is so true now that I think about the things I tend to worry over :). Thanks for sharing :).

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

A friend emailed me:

Don't ever let anything take up space in your head without it paying rent.

"Rent" would be in the form of information, mutual respect, understanding, and compassion. If it isn't paying rent, then evict.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline

Dang. I shouldn't have posted that because now I haved cried more than once listening to it. :crying:

Awww...I think you need start listening to their other songs. There is one song that is my favorite, and it was quite popular. I wonder if you know which one I am talking about. But, anyways that one will surely cheer you up. Let me see if I can google it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.