Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Greetings from Bogota, Colombia - the city shrowded in fog/clouds. I´m stationed exactly 2 blocks from the U.S. Embassy, but at the moment, on Carretera 70 waiting for Leidys´ Medical Exam to be completed. The city is a much different environment from the Northern Coast. Sightseeing is an activity reserved for the idle rich rather than a simple VJer like myself.

For Example: A trip into the nearby mountainside to check out a trendy brew pub would cost $45USD per person each way - taking the Transmilleniu Public Transportation. A simple day trip from Barranquilla to Santa Marta del Rodadero by comparision would cost roughly $45 for two persons, meal included. Leidys and I went this morning to have her TB and blood work performed, and I checked out this cool park on the mountainside near Carrera 38. The photography speaks volumes of the local environs, just too bad it is so expensive to travel the countryside.

With all of the Medical exams being completed today, Leidys and I plan to have a VJ reunion with some local Bogotans tomorrow afternoon. Wednesday morning is the Visa Interview, and we´re both anxious and excited for what is to come. WeLoveBogota.com has an excellent apartment that Leidys really loves. She keeps telling me the apartment is so nice, that it makes her feel as if we are already on our honeymoon ¨Luna de Miel¨. Pretty cool advice on the accomodations, VJ - we really love our hotelapartment! :thumbs:

Hasta muy pronto,

Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Greetings from Bogota, Colombia - the city shrowded in fog/clouds. I´m stationed exactly 2 blocks from the U.S. Embassy, but at the moment, on Carretera 70 waiting for Leidys´ Medical Exam to be completed. The city is a much different environment from the Northern Coast. Sightseeing is an activity reserved for the idle rich rather than a simple VJer like myself.

For Example: A trip into the nearby mountainside to check out a trendy brew pub would cost $45USD per person each way - taking the Transmilleniu Public Transportation. A simple day trip from Barranquilla to Santa Marta del Rodadero by comparision would cost roughly $45 for two persons, meal included. Leidys and I went this morning to have her TB and blood work performed, and I checked out this cool park on the mountainside near Carrera 38. The photography speaks volumes of the local environs, just too bad it is so expensive to travel the countryside.

With all of the Medical exams being completed today, Leidys and I plan to have a VJ reunion with some local Bogotans tomorrow afternoon. Wednesday morning is the Visa Interview, and we´re both anxious and excited for what is to come. WeLoveBogota.com has an excellent apartment that Leidys really loves. She keeps telling me the apartment is so nice, that it makes her feel as if we are already on our honeymoon ¨Luna de Miel¨. Pretty cool advice on the accomodations, VJ - we really love our hotelapartment! :thumbs: Hasta muy pronto,

Ken

Sounds like you're having fun!

Congrats on completing the medical. Ian completed his today, as well. One hurdle out of the way!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Thank goodness for that huh Starlight! Now get those p3 documents printed! Do you get a website link like us Londoner's do?

Yes it is such a relief. Now I have to get the documents for P3, and inform my fiance what he needs to have ready. I think that is going to be the most difficult part :lol: . I am not sure if they have a website, but I heard they can email you the documents you need for P3. I am going to research this and find out about the requirements at the consulate. I just got so excited about the NOA2 that I forgot about everything else :lol: .

Thank you all of you for your well wishes :) . Btw how do I keep track of my petition to see when it reaches NVC.

I found this link on the New Delhi embassy site (is that your embassy?)

As far as NVC is concerned, in about a week - 10 days from NOA2, your petition should be there. You can reach them by calling 603 334-0700. Follow the prompts for a live operator. The automated system does not work for K1 visas.

Congrats!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I cant wait till the end of this month!! Will be 30 days the embassy has our info at the end of October...hopefully me and Lisa's guys will have their interviews around then or early November...the wait's a pain in the butt!!!!!

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Yeah, the waiting is a pain in the butt.

From what I read today, me and ashenflowers can't even yell at Montreal about interviews until they've had our P3 for 4 months :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry I havent updated the status of our case in a while guys.... I called the Department of State quite a lot over the last few weeks to find out any updates...

On the 29th of Sept to my surprise....they told me that my interview was going to be on the 16th of October in London! Called and booked my medical straight after I got my letter for the 12th Oct so I am heading to London this coming Saturday and staying with family for 6 days....Cant wait to get it all over with!! Wooooooooooooooo!

Edited by Emily and Gareth

K-1 Visa Timeline

{April 3 2009 }-- Mailed packet to CSC via Priority Mail

{April 6 2009 }-- Received at CSC

{April 7 2009 }-- Cheque cashed

{April 8 2009 }-- NOA1 issued

{April 12 2009 }-- NOA1 Received

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch was the NOA2!

{July 28 2009 }-- NVC Received Case

{Aug 10 2009 }-- Packet 3 sent

{Sep 24 2009 }-- Called Department of State to check if Packet 3 was received in London - It was

{Sep 29 2009 }-- Called Department of State again to see if appointment date was Issued...it was!

{Oct 12 2009 }-- Going to have Medical in London

{Oct 16 2009 }-- Interview in London - Asked for a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia

{Oct 23 2009 }-- Sent away for Police clearance

{Nov 20 2009 }-- Received Police Clearance certificate

{Nov 24 2009 }-- Embassy Courier Collected Police Clearance and Passport

{Nov 30 2009 }-- Passport and Police Clearance qualified by Embassy

{Dec 8 2009 }-- Visa Issued

{Dec 10 2009 }-- Visa received in Belfast!

{Dec 14 2009 }-- Went through Immigration in Dublin and arrived in Indiana!

{Dec 21 2009 }-- Married 1000 Feet up in the air at the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas

AOS Timeline

{Apr 1 2010 }-- Sent AOS, EAD and AP package

{Apr 12 2010 }-- NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

{May 12 2010 }-- Biometrics Appointment

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that EAD card had been ordered

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that AP had been approved

Sorry I havent updated the status of our case in a while guys.... I called the Department of State quite a lot over the last few weeks to find out any updates...

On the 29th of Sept to my surprise....they told me that my interview was going to be on the 16th of October in London! Called and booked my medical straight after I got my letter for the 12th Oct so I am heading to London this coming Saturday and staying with family for 6 days....Cant wait to get it all over with!! Wooooooooooooooo!

Congrats! Ian just went to Bentinck Mansions today and said it was pretty quick and painless (well, after the 2 shots he needed)

Sounds like it was a short timespan between your P3 received date and your interview being set. I think I will call tomorrow.. :) I just have a feeling it's going to come quickly.

Happy days!

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

UPDATED:

IN PROGRESS

Allie: P3

Ashen: P3

Chaz: P3

dpds: P3

EOTR: P3

James: P3

Lisa: P3

Mav: P3

Rhiann: P3

Star: P3

Ken: Interview 10/7/09

Emily: Interview 10/16/09

StLouis: Interview 10/19/09

Attaya: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

SS: Success

Please add and/or correct.

Congrats and best wishes!

Yesterday my girls and I cried, this morning is what I saw on Skype:

post-49313-1254801415_thumb.png

moving right along

I'm done P3, can you change mine to "Sitting collecting dust?"

:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if my petition and P3 had a layer of dust on it by the time they took it out to book my interview.

(I'm actually kidding about changing it to that, just change it to "Waiting for Interview Date")

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thank goodness for that huh Starlight! Now get those p3 documents printed! Do you get a website link like us Londoner's do?

Yes it is such a relief. Now I have to get the documents for P3, and inform my fiance what he needs to have ready. I think that is going to be the most difficult part :lol: . I am not sure if they have a website, but I heard they can email you the documents you need for P3. I am going to research this and find out about the requirements at the consulate. I just got so excited about the NOA2 that I forgot about everything else :lol: .

Thank you all of you for your well wishes :) . Btw how do I keep track of my petition to see when it reaches NVC.

I found this link on the New Delhi embassy site (is that your embassy?)

As far as NVC is concerned, in about a week - 10 days from NOA2, your petition should be there. You can reach them by calling 603 334-0700. Follow the prompts for a live operator. The automated system does not work for K1 visas.

Congrats!

My fiance's embassy is the Mumbai Embassay, but the packet 3 information is very similar. Thank you for looking that up for me and letting me know the timeframe, and the contact number this is very helpful Once it gets to NVC do they assign another case number?I will call NVC on Friday and find out the status.

I hope everyone is doing well, and all the best for the ones preparing for the interview.

I'm done P3, can you change mine to "Sitting collecting dust?"

:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if my petition and P3 had a layer of dust on it by the time they took it out to book my interview.

(I'm actually kidding about changing it to that, just change it to "Waiting for Interview Date")

That is funny :lol:

Timeline

Ken, St. Louis, and Emily - Good luck on the interview!

SS- Congrats again!!! I am so happy for you it's funny we both got good news around the same time :).

Rhiann & Ashenflowers - Hang in there, and the wait will hopefully not be too long. I know its easier said then done. But, try not to lose patient and VJ is a great place to let your frustrations out.

Ian & Lisa - You were one of the first to create the April thread, and I really admire your patience through the process.

Allie & Nigel - Thanks for adding some laughter in your posts. Your posts always put a smile on my face.

endoftheroad - You gave me hope when I did not have it. Always cheering me on about P3. Now my fiance will soon be preparing to send out P3. Yay!!! Also, I know your family will be with you soon and I am looking forward to reading about your many trips that you have planned when they get here. It sounds very exciting. Focus on the planning of those trips and your sadness will soon go away.

attaya girl - Even after finishing your journey you always came and cheered us on. Thank you! :)

Maverick - I am glad you are out of AP and wishing you a VERY speedy interview.

I know its not Thanksgiving yet :lol:, but I just want to tell everybody thank you for being there and cheering me on. I am not done with my journey yet, but the wait for the NOA2 was very frustrating for me because sometimes I thought I was not going to make it.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
endoftheroad - You gave me hope when I did not have it. Always cheering me on about P3. Now my fiance will soon be preparing to send out P3. Yay!!! Also, I know your family will be with you soon and I am looking forward to reading about your many trips that you have planned when they get here. It sounds very exciting. Focus on the planning of those trips and your sadness will soon go away.

You make the darkness seem so far.................

:star:

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline

You make the darkness seem so far.................

:star:

This is great :D

I love Madonna. This is the perfect song :lol:. You know how to pick them.

Edited by Starlight95

I know its not Thanksgiving yet :lol:, but I just want to tell everybody thank you for being there and cheering me on. I am not done with my journey yet, but the wait for the NOA2 was very frustrating for me because sometimes I thought I was not going to make it.

It's Thanksgiving for me this weekend :P

Canadian Thanksgiving is different for some strange reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Ken-good luck with the interview tomorrow!!!!

Emily and Gareth-congrats on getting the interview date! That's so soon! I'm sure it will go well :)

starlight-so glad that you're able to start working on P3 instead of worrying about that NOA2.

I'm so sorry so many of you are still waiting. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to be waiting again after the NOA2. I'm hoping that all of you get some good news soon.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.