Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Endoftheroad: I called USCIS this morning, and followed your steps. Apparently, the customer service was of no help in confirming the address. She said they do not have the information on the screen. I will try again tomorrow, and talk to somebody else. From the last approval it seems as though everybody is getting approved through snail mail.

St. Louis: Congrats on the interview!!! You made it to the last step and I am sure it will be a success.

attaya girl: I hope you have better luck tomorrow at the SS office. In the process you are giving Lamine a tour of different cities. :)

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Endoftheroad: I called USCIS this morning, and followed your steps. Apparently, the customer service was of no help in confirming the address. She said they do not have the information on the screen. I will try again tomorrow, and talk to somebody else. From the last approval it seems as though everybody is getting approved through snail mail.

Did you ask the person to confirm your status??

moving right along

Timeline

She told me they do not have our status in their system. She can change my address, but that is all. :(

Timeline

She told me they do not have our status in their system. She can change my address, but that is all. :(

Yeah, call again and ask other people. They definitely gave me my status.

IN PROGRESS

Star: RFE

Mav: AP

Allie: P3

Ashen: P3

dpds: P3

Emily: P3

EOTR: P3

James: P3

Lisa: P3

Rhian: P3

Ken: Interview

SS: Interview

StLouis: Interview

Attaya: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

Please add and/or correct.

moving right along

Timeline

Yeah, call again and ask other people. They definitely gave me my status.

IN PROGRESS

Star: RFE

Mav: AP

Allie: P3

Ashen: P3

dpds: P3

Emily: P3

EOTR: P3

James: P3

Lisa: P3

Rhian: P3

Ken: Interview

SS: Interview

StLouis: Interview

Attaya: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

Please add and/or correct.

I will try again tomorrow and see if I get someone else more helpful :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Starlight-good luck on finding the status of your case!

Round two at Social Security Office today. I'm at work early (and I should be working-not posting on VJ :blush:) trying to get some stuff done before taking off. My work has been so endlessly patient with me. I've taken so much time off this month. Today should be fun, though. The city we're driving to is in the mountains and there are tons of beautiful lakes and rivers on the drive over. Lamine's never seen any of that, so it'll be fun to see his reaction.

Good luck to everyone!

event.png

Timeline
Starlight-good luck on finding the status of your case!

Round two at Social Security Office today. I'm at work early (and I should be working-not posting on VJ :blush:) trying to get some stuff done before taking off. My work has been so endlessly patient with me. I've taken so much time off this month. Today should be fun, though. The city we're driving to is in the mountains and there are tons of beautiful lakes and rivers on the drive over. Lamine's never seen any of that, so it'll be fun to see his reaction.

Good luck to everyone!

Best wishes at the SS office! Lamine is in for a real treat. America is such a strange place compared to other places with our highway systems, electrical grids, telecommunications, all woven around some beautiful landscapes. I know I will have a great time showing my girls NYC, Miami, San Antonio, Chicago, St. Louis, Glacier Natl. and Yellowstone Parks, the Pacific coast, and everything in between. Next summer we plan on camping across the USA.

moving right along

Timeline
So, I asked the officer to confirm my status, and they have the same info that processing has resumed. :(

Funny that the other person said they could do nothing yet this person confirmed your status, huh? Not funny is nothing approved yet. Put the number on speed dial and call every day. Soon, soon, soon they will say "your NOA2 letter was mailed yesterday!" :thumbs:

moving right along

Timeline
So, I asked the officer to confirm my status, and they have the same info that processing has resumed. :(

Funny that the other person said they could do nothing yet this person confirmed your status, huh? Not funny is nothing approved yet. Put the number on speed dial and call every day. Soon, soon, soon they will say "your NOA2 letter was mailed yesterday!" :thumbs:

I emailed CSC, and see if that might work. As far as them doing something about my case. I know it may be a bit too early. Just discouraged because even August 09 filers are getting approved. Lets see if that works. :)

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Starlight-hope you get some good news soon!

We got the SSN this morning, and we spent all of 10 minutes at the office. The woman was friendly, efficient, and was also appalled that the other office had sent us away with nothing. Lamine and I had a blast on the drive up and played around on the docks at the lake before driving back to work.

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just stopping in to say hi.

I hope everyone's progress is moving along smoothly.

I hope you hear something soon starlight ... with my RFE I had 3 touches from the time the case resume until the the last touch which was the approval. They did not update the status to "approved" on the website ... I actually called them and they told me we were approved and another couple days later the hard copy came in the mail. All in all I believe it was almost 2 weeks from the time the case resumed until I received the hard copy in the mail.

How I found out we were approved though is I called USCIS and spoke with the first tier Customer Rep, this is a waste of time, I politely asked to be escalated to a immigration officer who was able to give me the information. Of you request to be escalated they have to transfer you to a immigration officer. Hope that helps. Good luck !

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline
Just stopping in to say hi.

I hope everyone's progress is moving along smoothly.

I hope you hear something soon starlight ... with my RFE I had 3 touches from the time the case resume until the the last touch which was the approval. They did not update the status to "approved" on the website ... I actually called them and they told me we were approved and another couple days later the hard copy came in the mail. All in all I believe it was almost 2 weeks from the time the case resumed until I received the hard copy in the mail.

How I found out we were approved though is I called USCIS and spoke with the first tier Customer Rep, this is a waste of time, I politely asked to be escalated to a immigration officer who was able to give me the information. Of you request to be escalated they have to transfer you to a immigration officer. Hope that helps. Good luck !

Good to hear from you! Hope everything goes well with your interview on Friday!!!! I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know the whole waiting for the damn interview is a pain in the neck in Canada....well its a pain here too however....i'm always stewing and worrying about SOMETHING and hoping this will be enough, that will be enough, financial stuff, police clearance baloney etc...always worry worry worry and getting mad cause we want our lives to start RIGHT BLOODY NOW!!! Ya i know...and my side nobody wants to hear me nobody wants to hear me ###### about it and well...so what can u do....thats why we have VJ....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
We got the SSN this morning

Super!

Just stopping in to say hi

Are you two together for the interview date?

I know the whole waiting for the damn interview is a pain in the neck in Canada....well its a pain here too however....i'm always stewing and worrying about SOMETHING and hoping this will be enough, that will be enough, financial stuff, police clearance baloney etc...always worry worry worry and getting mad cause we want our lives to start RIGHT BLOODY NOW!!! Ya i know...and my side nobody wants to hear me nobody wants to hear me ###### about it and well...so what can u do....thats why we have VJ....

Glad to see everything is progressing normally for you! :D

I called DOS and we still have no interview date.

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.