Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm exited, Nigel's medical is Monday and the medical office in London is a stone's throw from Harrods...I told Nigel to get me something from there! LOL. He thinks i'm silly! But OH WELL! He's there with his brother from Wales for some company...pub, internet cafe, out for Chinese buffet up the road, boy nice little trip they're doing in the meantime!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

I'm exited, Nigel's medical is Monday and the medical office in London is a stone's throw from Harrods...I told Nigel to get me something from there! LOL. He thinks i'm silly! But OH WELL! He's there with his brother from Wales for some company...pub, internet cafe, out for Chinese buffet up the road, boy nice little trip they're doing in the meantime!

Good luck to you both! :)

Ian's going next Monday.

Hopefully, the embassy will be getting us our interview letters within the next few weeks.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

ashenflowers ((((HUGS)))) I hope that you get your interview way before then. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for both you and Rhiann. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

starlight-any news?

Allie- I'm glad that P3 got taken care of and I hope that everything else goes smoothly for you :)

I know I'm missing tons of stuff, but I hope you're all doing well.

endoftheroad-you should definitely try to get the social security # prior to getting married. You should try to do it two weeks after POE when your entry is registered in the system. Especially if the beneficiary is female, make every effort to get the SSN prior to getting married. There are countless stories of headaches and having to wait until after AOS before you can get the SSN (i.e. waiting until AOS to work). I'm going to go into a different office on Tuesday if I haven't heard anything on Monday. I'll go to a bigger city, and it shouldn't be an issue. There are many stories of people not being aware that K-1's are eligible for SSN's.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everyone is well.

I thought K-1 people normally had to wait to get an EAD to work, and if a SSN was issued, it was marked that it wasn't for employment purposes, but it appears this area might be not set in stone, according to this: http://www.visajourney.com/search/index.ph...1&sa=Search

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Sorry... better link: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html

Section 5.3 and on..

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

From what I've heard, they no longer do the 90 day EAD.

I forget where I read that, but it was on a recent topic in the forums here.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm already confused on that ss# stuff....i guess i had better get that ol' NOLO book out again! Plus start reading the VJ guides...lol...i just want Nigel here thats all i care about right now...oh well! Gives me something else to do anyways...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Man Montreal.

Hurry up.

I havn't even gotten packet 3 yet and my petition's been there for almost 2 weeks.

Why does Canada have one of the slowest consulates in the world when we're attached to the country we're trying to immigrate to? :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Endoftheroad: I can't wait until tomorrow morning and call USCIS. For a moment today I was actually thinking I was going to get denied. I guess the worst got to me today. We all have our ups and downs through the process.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
you should definitely try to get the social security # prior to getting married. You should try to do it two weeks after POE when your entry is registered in the system. Especially if the beneficiary is female, make every effort to get the SSN prior to getting married.

This is exactly opposite of everything I have been told. I will check it again.

AFAIK this is the basic plan.......

Get married ASAP after POE.

Wait two weeks and get the SS#.

moving right along

Timeline
Endoftheroad: I can't wait until tomorrow morning and call USCIS. For a moment today I was actually thinking I was going to get denied. I guess the worst got to me today. We all have our ups and downs through the process.

:thumbs: You are P3 bound!!!!!!

moving right along

Timeline

Thanks I needed to hear that :)

Timeline

You are the lucky star! Starlight, star bright, first star tonight. You wish you may, you wish you might, everything will be alright!

moving right along

Timeline

You are the lucky star! Starlight, star bright, first star tonight. You wish you may, you wish you might, everything will be alright!

:D That is great! I am definitely going to make my wish tonight, and hoping for the best tomorrow. U put that together very well. Awww..thanks so much. May all your wishes come true as well, and I am sure your loved ones will be with you VERY soon. They always say good things happen to people who wait.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
I am definitely going to make my wish tonight, and hoping for the best tomorrow.

Tomorrow is just another day. If not then, there is always tomorrow. My girls and I have been counting tommorows for awhile, but we know that every day brings a new STAR and a new SUN that may shine on us. It is hard but love is a bond that is tough to break.

When I meet you someday I will plant a kiss on your cheek and remember these days. :)

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hey everyone, Sending you guys all my prayers and happy thoughts that everything goes well.

Endoftheroad-regarding SSN's, this is what VJ says:

As a K-1 Visa Holder you are eligible to receive a SSN upon producing a valid I-94 (unexpired). Do

not wait until you only have a few weeks left until your I-94 expires to file for a SSN. Many SSA

offices will not allow you to file for a SSN if your I-94 is about to expire (generally 14 days prior

to the expiration on your I-94). On the other hand, you should also not file for a SSN too soon either.

You should wait 2 weeks after you arrived in the US before applying for a SSN.

If you go to the Working and Traveling Prior to Green card forum, you'll read some stories about people waiting until after they got married who had a nightmare of a time getting their SSN's. Who knows, but I'm going to try to do this ASAP.

Starlight-you're right-the best part is that Lamine is with me now. Nothing else really matters. All this other stuff is just formalities. I'm so grateful to be with him again. I hope you get that NOA2 soon, soon, soon!

Allie-good luck with the medical! Or rather---Nigel, good luck with the medical today!

Rhiann-hope you get that P3 soon.

Try to hang in there, guys. I hope everyone is well and that you all get some good news soon!

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.