Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I wish all you guys luck in getting speedy interviews, and hope you all get to be with your loved ones by the end of the year. I haven't commented much lately because the Montreal consulate is running 3-5 months for interviews (the 'Canada' statistics for timelines on VJ also include Vancouver's consulate which is "only" 2-3 months from what I've seen, so it's deceiving). So, I expect a lot of waiting is yet to come for me and my fiancé... I have mentioned this before, but I honestly believe I might not get an interview until January (after what I was hoping would be our wedding day). So, while I try to think I could still be surprised with a December interview, the fact that some couples have been waiting since June/July and STILL have no interview date booked, well... it's not looking good. Sooo really I'm a bit upset, depressed, frustrated, and thus have kept commenting here to a minimum since I know what I have to say would be negative and ranty, and I'd rather not. But I do check in to see how you guys are doing, and do honestly wish you all well, and hope that none of you have to wait as long as me to get an interview. Good luck to you all!!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I wish all you guys luck in getting speedy interviews, and hope you all get to be with your loved ones by the end of the year. I haven't commented much lately because the Montreal consulate is running 3-5 months for interviews (the 'Canada' statistics for timelines on VJ also include Vancouver's consulate which is "only" 2-3 months from what I've seen, so it's deceiving). So, I expect a lot of waiting is yet to come for me and my fiancé... I have mentioned this before, but I honestly believe I might not get an interview until January (after what I was hoping would be our wedding day). So, while I try to think I could still be surprised with a December interview, the fact that some couples have been waiting since June/July and STILL have no interview date booked, well... it's not looking good. Sooo really I'm a bit upset, depressed, frustrated, and thus have kept commenting here to a minimum since I know what I have to say would be negative and ranty, and I'd rather not. But I do check in to see how you guys are doing, and do honestly wish you all well, and hope that none of you have to wait as long as me to get an interview. Good luck to you all!!

Hey Ashenflowers!

I am with you on that, and for me going on VJ and venting has helped me reduce my frustration. Sometimes seeing others progress also gives me hope. I may be on VJ for awhile, and shooting for a December 09 interview. If we get approved by next week a November interview is likely, but CSC has slowed down a bit with approvals.

:star:

Yeah... it's depressing how long they take.

I don't even think I'll get an interview till like February now.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

My heart goes out to you both, but you may even get a Dec 09 or Jan 10 interview. Just stay positive life is full of surprises. The worst part is over remember. Now just use these months to enjoy Canada with your family and friends before you come to the US.

My heart goes out to you both, but you may even get a Dec 09 or Jan 10 interview. Just stay positive life is full of surprises. The worst part is over remember. Now just use these months to enjoy Canada with your family and friends before you come to the US.

All my friends live in the United States :lol:

And I'm not very close to my family, so moving away from them isn't heartbreaking to me.

I just want to get to the US now.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

All my friends live in the United States :lol:

And I'm not very close to my family, so moving away from them isn't heartbreaking to me.

I just want to get to the US now.

Then I hope you get your interview VERY soon :lol:

LOL aww... Rhiann *hugs*. Let's hope we're the flukes that get through early ;)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Okay, updated:

Star: RFE

Mav: AP

Allie: P3

Ashen: P3

dpds: P3

Emily: P3

EOTR: P3

James: P3

Lisa: P3

Rhian: P3

Ken: Interview

SS: Interview

StLouis: Interview

Attaya: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

Please add and/or correct.

Can I accept the letter of denial? Do we need the SSN for AOS? I suddenly feel like I have no idea what's going on. Do I really need to wait for the EAD before we can get the SSN? I have no idea what's going on. At least Lamine is here with me, but I'm scared of doing something that will screw up AOS.

Normally you have to get married, get it on file. Then wait like two weeks before the data is in the system to get the SS#. Should be no problem.

I dont' know guys should I be really excited about my last touch. I did not get the approval email

I never got an approval email. I just called to check the status. 18003755283 then press 1-3-1-2

We are happily waiting for our day at the consulate (whenever that is!).

moving right along

Timeline
Okay, updated:

Star: RFE

Mav: AP

Allie: P3

Ashen: P3

dpds: P3

Emily: P3

EOTR: P3

James: P3

Lisa: P3

Rhian: P3

Ken: Interview

SS: Interview

StLouis: Interview

Attaya: Success

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

Please add and/or correct.

Can I accept the letter of denial? Do we need the SSN for AOS? I suddenly feel like I have no idea what's going on. Do I really need to wait for the EAD before we can get the SSN? I have no idea what's going on. At least Lamine is here with me, but I'm scared of doing something that will screw up AOS.

Normally you have to get married, get it on file. Then wait like two weeks before the data is in the system to get the SS#. Should be no problem.

I dont' know guys should I be really excited about my last touch. I did not get the approval email

I never got an approval email. I just called to check the status. 18003755283 then press 1-3-1-2

We are happily waiting for our day at the consulate (whenever that is!).

I am going to try that again on Monday. I tried it on Friday, but the voice message mirrored the latest update on the online system. Maybe their both not updated :).

Thanks for updating that. Hopefully, all the P3 will be interviews very soon :), and my RFE will say P3 next week.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Is this the same steps to check your status on the phone through the recording systems? Because it's pretty much the same as what the online system says. Then I must not be approved yet :(.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Is this the same steps to check your status on the phone through the recording systems? Because it's pretty much the same as what the online system says. Then I must not be approved yet :(.

No, this is how you get a real person to check your address for mailing (sneaky). First you confirm your address then ask what is your status. That is how I found out about our NOA2. :whistle:

moving right along

Timeline

No, this is how you get a real person to check your address for mailing (sneaky). First you confirm your address then ask what is your status. That is how I found out about our NOA2. :whistle:

Oh awsome idea :). Very smart and sneaky. I am going to try it on Monday.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

ashenflowers ((((HUGS)))) I hope that you get your interview way before then. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for both you and Rhiann. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

starlight-any news?

Allie- I'm glad that P3 got taken care of and I hope that everything else goes smoothly for you :)

I know I'm missing tons of stuff, but I hope you're all doing well.

endoftheroad-you should definitely try to get the social security # prior to getting married. You should try to do it two weeks after POE when your entry is registered in the system. Especially if the beneficiary is female, make every effort to get the SSN prior to getting married. There are countless stories of headaches and having to wait until after AOS before you can get the SSN (i.e. waiting until AOS to work). I'm going to go into a different office on Tuesday if I haven't heard anything on Monday. I'll go to a bigger city, and it shouldn't be an issue. There are many stories of people not being aware that K-1's are eligible for SSN's.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everyone is well.

event.png

Timeline
ashenflowers ((((HUGS)))) I hope that you get your interview way before then. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for both you and Rhiann. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

starlight-any news?

Allie- I'm glad that P3 got taken care of and I hope that everything else goes smoothly for you :)

I know I'm missing tons of stuff, but I hope you're all doing well.

endoftheroad-you should definitely try to get the social security # prior to getting married. You should try to do it two weeks after POE when your entry is registered in the system. Especially if the beneficiary is female, make every effort to get the SSN prior to getting married. There are countless stories of headaches and having to wait until after AOS before you can get the SSN (i.e. waiting until AOS to work). I'm going to go into a different office on Tuesday if I haven't heard anything on Monday. I'll go to a bigger city, and it shouldn't be an issue. There are many stories of people not being aware that K-1's are eligible for SSN's.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everyone is well.

No news yet regarding my last touch. But, going to try endoftheroads idea on Monday by calling USCIS and confirming my address and then asking a liveperson my status.

I hope you get the SS# thing sorted out on Monday or Tuesday. On the bright side Lamine is with you and that is the best part :).

Edited by Starlight95

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.