Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Starlight, crossing my fingers that you get your NOA2 today!

I'm off to the social security office today.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I read that you couldn't get an SSN for your fiance.

What in the world is up with that?

That's so strange.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Starlight, crossing my fingers that you get your NOA2 today!

I'm off to the social security office today.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I read that you couldn't get an SSN for your fiance.

What in the world is up with that?

That's so strange.

I'm so frustrated! Can I accept the letter of denial? Do we need the SSN for AOS? I suddenly feel like I have no idea what's going on. Do I really need to wait for the EAD before we can get the SSN? I have no idea what's going on. At least Lamine is here with me, but I'm scared of doing something that will screw up AOS.

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I dont' know guys should I be really excited about my last touch. I did not get the approval email, but get this strong feeling that the last touch was an approval. I did not get a touch today. Its mostly the guessing game at this point.

Edited by Starlight95

Minnew-congratulations to you both and happy birthday to your fiance! What is the day of your wedding going to be?

October 10th!!! 15 days to go!! Just had a tasting of the menu tonight...mmmm.....so good!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Whatever. Nigel's got packet 3 forms almost filled out so hopefully will send off Monday when he goes for his medical in London. I'm kinda cranky right now reading posts, weddings, interviews, no issues, etc, and getting a bit on the pissy side right now and well i guess i need to chill out and let stuff ride. Nigel was scrambling a bit filling stuff out today but he had those damn forms for over a month or so! AARRGH! I think cause he finally received the packet 3 letter yesterday in the mail and has the medical on Monday this whole process is finally SINKING IN with him. I donnooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRRGH!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Whatever. Nigel's got packet 3 forms almost filled out so hopefully will send off Monday when he goes for his medical in London. I'm kinda cranky right now reading posts, weddings, interviews, no issues, etc, and getting a bit on the pissy side right now and well i guess i need to chill out and let stuff ride. Nigel was scrambling a bit filling stuff out today but he had those damn forms for over a month or so! AARRGH! I think cause he finally received the packet 3 letter yesterday in the mail and has the medical on Monday this whole process is finally SINKING IN with him. I donnooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRRGH!

He didn't look at them ahead of time?

I havn't even gotten Packet 3 yet and I'm finished all my forms.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Don't worry Allie... you'll still have an interview before me. :lol:

And I'd have to admit... if the roles were reversed and my fiance was sitting on paperwork and not getting it back ASAP, I'd be freaking out a bit. hahaha My packet 3 was delayed, but that's just cause I was away until the 5th, and then it was a holiday Monday, and then I couldn't get out of work during the day on the 8th to get to the post office. So technically, that was ASAP even if it was a week later. lol

But yeah, I think if Nigel has his medical on Monday it might give him the jolt he needs to get going!

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

attaya girl - I hope that Lamine can get his SS# soon without much hassle. I don't know why they are being so difficult.

Everyone else you guys are almost there, and I wish you a speedy interview.

Me just trying to keep myself sane as I feel like I am walking on a very thin line right now :crying:

I even told my fiance that if we don't get anything on Friday, that most likely we will get some good news next week. I should not have been so confident. I could not be with him for his birthday or one of our religious holidays that just passed by. I miss him!!! :cry:

Timeline

I am with you on that. I feel very cranky and sad at this point. Allie you are at the VERY end of your stage so just hang in there. Pretty soon he will have his interview and it will be a success.

Timeline

Well he finally got his papers packaged up today, will send off on Monday when he goes to london for his medical...finally...jeez it took a bit to get his butt in gear but we did it all on skype all the gathering the papers and so forth..now he's having train booking issues! lol...whatever! I think i need some chocolate!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Well he finally got his papers packaged up today, will send off on Monday when he goes to london for his medical...finally...jeez it took a bit to get his butt in gear but we did it all on skype all the gathering the papers and so forth..now he's having train booking issues! lol...whatever! I think i need some chocolate!

I thought you sent him everything. What did he have to do?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Don't worry Allie... you'll still have an interview before me. :lol:

And I'd have to admit... if the roles were reversed and my fiance was sitting on paperwork and not getting it back ASAP, I'd be freaking out a bit. hahaha My packet 3 was delayed, but that's just cause I was away until the 5th, and then it was a holiday Monday, and then I couldn't get out of work during the day on the 8th to get to the post office. So technically, that was ASAP even if it was a week later. lol

But yeah, I think if Nigel has his medical on Monday it might give him the jolt he needs to get going!

Hehe... I think we all got to freak out a bit about completion of the paperwork. :) There was a bit of tongue-biting going on, as well. But it's done now (thank God). I think they are a bit more complex to fill out than they look, and sitting down with them for an hour or two just doesn't get it done.

Suggest sending the papers by registered mail, Allie. That way you have a tracking number to ensure it's delivered. Ours got there Thursday afternoon.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

Oh ya i told Nigel to send with a tracking or delivery confirmation. I had to print off the bar coded form cause he has no printer..he was procrastinating cause he thought one of his local family members can print it but he hadnt got "around" to going down there and getting it done even after me nagging over and over to do it! Just like this police subject access he has to do, he hasnt done that yet, i am hoping he will do it by Tuesday when he gets back from London, they send back within 40 days so i am hoping it will be there in time for his interview, the consulate is running a month or so i believe for their interviews, so we are stretched for time really... if we get a RFE after the interview cause of his procrastination and being a stupid 17yr old I will not be surprised. So hopefully this package 3 he is mailing off is complete and filled out right...this is the first time I am letting a man handle something like this, i did mine by myself last time and I just handle things in life and never let any man do it for me cause they either: 1. never do it right, or 2. never do it at all. or 3. dont do it in time. Soooo here we go!! Thats my rant of the day!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.