Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
waiting anxiously for word on my girls day in court...

Dang, there's that word again... WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTIINNNGGGG!

Okay, all went well. The judge ruled in my girl's favor all the way. Ordered the ex-family to bring the title for the house and the bank material at the final hearing in October (they were supposed to bring them today for the judgement). Told them if they did not then the court would seize their house and bank accounts, and place them under arrest.

We have hopes that this will be the end of this and my girls can interview in November and be here by Thanksgiving. :thumbs:

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow thats good that the court ruled in their favor, thats ####### how that family thinks they can do whatever they want!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

endoftheroad-yay!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that all went well in court for your girls. I also hope that everything somehow works out with your case as well.

I'm so excited for the interviews coming up! I hope that everything goes well for you, SS and Ken.

Allie-the medical is coming up soon too! One more thing that you can cross of your list and one step closer to the visa!

starlight-any news on the RFE? You're NOA2 is coming soon, and when it does, it'll be so wonderful. You've been very patient throughout this process. Hang in there-you're almost there.

Lisa-any news with you?

I'm sorry!!! I'm not abandoning you all-I promise. We've been cooking up a storm of Senegalese food in our house, and last night we had my sister and her boyfriend over along with another friend to partake. We all sat around a giant platter of rice and kabobs and and meat slow cooked in a spicy peanut sauce and had ourselves a nice little feast.

Also-Lamine doesn't have malaria (obviously). I've just learned the hard way that my dear, sweat fiance is a major baby when it come to illness and will be convinced that he is dying at the first signs of a sore throat. The root canal was a genuine emergency and I'll give him major credit for toughing that out for two years, but everything that followed the root canal was just a little silly. I love him dearly, but our poor dentist made the mistake of giving us both his home number and his cell phone number, and for some reason Lamine will never tell me about any problems until late in the evening and/or on the weekends. At this point, he will decide it is the opportune moment to tell me that something has gone majorly awry and that we must call the dentist at home NOW. I told him once that I would not call the dentist until the morning, and he just looked at me with those big, brown eyes and said, "but what if I'm dead in the morning?" I haven't yet come up with a good response for this, so we ended up calling the dentist. Anyways...we're going to have to handle illness much differently in the future. We cannot afford more ER visits.

We were going to try to get Lamine's social security card Friday, but it looks like we'll wait until Monday to play it safe. You have to wait two weeks from POE, and we entered last Friday. It's a forty-five minute drive to the SS office, though, so we'll wait till Monday to play it safe. I've already missed a bunch of work, and don't want to have to take two mornings off to do this. In any case, hopefully we get it quickly and we can get married! We'll just do the civil ceremony, but I'm not sure about anything else. I've been so overwhelmed with him adjusting to everything here and all the trips to the dentist/doctor that I haven't really thought about the wedding at all. I'm not sure what we're going to do now. I'm so thankful that I never ended up ordering my dress. I'm not sure we can afford it now. I'm waiting for the bills to get back before we proceed with anything wedding-related.

event.png

Timeline

Oh well, just go to the court house and get the deed done! Have something nice when all gets settled! I think all that truly matters is that your married and you get your papers done! I'm glad all is well over there and I bet your happy as heck cause he's finally home! I will feel the same way when Nigel finally gets here too!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Oh well, just go to the court house and get the deed done! Have something nice when all gets settled! I think all that truly matters is that your married and you get your papers done! I'm glad all is well over there and I bet your happy as heck cause he's finally home! I will feel the same way when Nigel finally gets here too!

That's exactly what we're going to do. I don't even care about anything else. Just so, so, so thankful to have him here with me. I hope that Nigel is with you very soon, Allie :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Glad to hear things are going well for everybody here. I am in a very dark moment right now. Just found out that I am actually day 37 in AP at NVC..I thought the receipt date was August 24, but was actually received by them on August 18. So with the CSC sitting or losing my file for one month before sending iot to NVC and with being in AP for 31 days, I have lost nearly 2 & 1/2 months now. My dream of having my fiancee here with me for Christmas is disappearing fast.

Timeline
Glad to hear things are going well for everybody here. I am in a very dark moment right now. Just found out that I am actually day 37 in AP at NVC..I thought the receipt date was August 24, but was actually received by them on August 18. So with the CSC sitting or losing my file for one month before sending iot to NVC and with being in AP for 31 days, I have lost nearly 2 & 1/2 months now. My dream of having my fiancee here with me for Christmas is disappearing fast.

Thats awful! I'd be so p.o'd omg!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Anyone else liking the new part of the timeline page?

I find it to be really helpful.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

That blows, testing patience and of course......... WAAAAAAIIIIIITTTTTTIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!

Is this a complete list of where we're all at(I know I amd forgetting someone or messing up status):

Star: RFE

Mav: AP

Lisa: AP

James: P3

Rhian: P3

Allie: P3

EOTR: P3

Ashen: P3

dpds: P3

Emily: P3

SS: Interview

Ken: Interview

Neil: Success

Perry: Success

Attaya: Success

Please add more and correct.

moving right along

Timeline

That blows, testing patience and of course......... WAAAAAAIIIIIITTTTTTIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!

Is this a complete list of where we're all at(I know I amd forgetting someone or messing up status):

Lisa: AP

Please add more and correct.

Lisa is out of AP, she's P3

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline

Well I hope my papers reach Nigel by the end of this week so he can send P3 off! I am hoping for a interview for November so that he can be here by the end of Nov if all goes well, however if he's not here by say, Dec 18th or so, I'm going to England for a month for the holidays....spend my wedding money to hell with it, just do a quickie wedding somewhere and call it a day when he's here. This ####### is pissing me off this whole thing, then the worry about if we're going to make the interview with what stuff we've got or haven't got, whatever I'm gonna be so done with this process!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline

Okay, updated:

Lisa: P3

Please add and/or correct!

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Anyone else liking the new part of the timeline page?

I find it to be really helpful.

Love the new timeline!

EOTR - Thanks for the list. V cool. I haven't seen anything from Neil in ages.

Our P3 paperwork was sent to the IVU by registered one-day delivery today. We're closely watching Britt and Duv, who are a week ahead of us with their paperwork.

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok guys here is the latest update on my RFE :)

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC---------

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On September 23, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.