Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... now we think he has malaria...

MA - FREAKING - LARIA!!!!??? :blink::blink::blink:

You really have an African community in IDAHO!!!??? (State is less than 1% black) :blink::blink::blink: (you must live near UIdaho)

:rofl:

Give Lamine our best and hope that he recovers in time for the snow fall! :star:

moving right along

Timeline
It's funny I feel as I am in high school and I am unable to graduate while everyone got their diploma (NOA2). I hope I get to graduate soon :lol:.

Well only one of us has matriculated (non-expedited) and look what happened... MALARIA! :wacko:

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Awww..hopefully they will get past this and all of you will get there with success as well. As they say life after high school is not exactly easy :).

Just another challenge we have to overcome.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
Awww..hopefully they will get past this and all of you will get there with success as well.

You will too darling. It's all downhill from here (watch out for cliffs!!). :D

Yeah those darn cliffs :lol:. It's going to be an amazing feeling to have the diploma in my hand. :lol:

Thanks I hope so too.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
It's funny I feel as I am in high school and I am unable to graduate while everyone got their diploma (NOA2). I hope I get to graduate soon :lol:.

Well only one of us has matriculated (non-expedited) and look what happened... MALARIA! :wacko:

No joke. Poor guy. I'm still thrilled he's here, though--medical bills and all :) Definitely changing our wedding plans, though. Court house here we come!

Hoping and praying that all of you have happy reunions really, really soon.

event.png

Timeline

No joke. Poor guy. I'm still thrilled he's here, though--medical bills and all :) Definitely changing our wedding plans, though. Court house here we come!

Hoping and praying that all of you have happy reunions really, really soon.

Yeah, I think that is a good idea for now. I think his recovery is more important. Take good care of him, poor guy. He needs all the love and care he can get.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Attaya, we want wedding pictures! How are you covering the medical bills by the way being your not married yet? I wish I could go and buy a family coverage but well, we cant yet obviously, I need to get more coverage due to the ex dropping my health care, soo, have to scramble and go on the blue cross website and pick up a plan. I booked Nigel's medical this morning for Sept 28th that was painless to do! Here I was thinking it takes a bazillion years to get a appointment like anyplace here to get any kind of medical/dental appointment!!! So that was good, i just took it upon myself and just booked the darned thing and told Nigel...oh hunny, f.y.i, your medical is Sept 28th!! HAHAHAHAHA love it, we'll see if he gives me ####### tonite for just doing it you know but well, once a wife always a wife...LOL LOL...so all is well over here so far! I sent him the barcode form we had to generate and so by the time he gets that next week, he can send that along with the check list that asks for the medical date and he'll have that done and ready to send off by the end of the month! Sooooooo we'll see how long London's gonna take to give us a darned interview! Still stewing about his "no live trace"on the police thing but whatever...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
Poor guy.

Pictures? Did you do a ceremony in Senegal? Pictures? Pictures? Pictures? Pictures?

8431_559369128024_40304114_33233126_1227761_n.jpg

Here's one :) It's huge! I don't know why. This is right after we finished the interview.

I'll post more later.

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Timeline
Poor guy.

Pictures? Did you do a ceremony in Senegal? Pictures? Pictures? Pictures? Pictures?

Here's one :) It's huge! I don't know why. This is right after we finished the interview.

I'll post more later.

Such a cute picture. :)

Timeline

thanks, starlight. :)

endoftheroad-we did not get to do the ceremony in Senegal because they insisted on doing it legally as well as traditionally.

Allie-he's not insured, so this is going to be really, really expensive. It's actually a lot less than I though. The dentist took pity and it cost $185 for everything (I thought it was a little less than that, but I just checked again) until we get insured, then the medical stuff this (minus the ER visit last night :wacko:) has been about $200 including prescriptions. The ER visit will probably be around $400, they said, but I was so scared for him last night, that it was worth it. Just going to take that out of the wedding budget.

Congrats on getting the medical date so soon!!!!

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Very handsome picture of you two!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
Poor guy.

I'll post more later.

Dude has got some big mitts...

moving right along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.