Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Guys, do we send the package 3 forms first, THEN book medical- or book medical, THEN mail package 3....?

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
DAY 24 .....still in AP Hades

Any day now!

endoftheroad-it sounds like you are having a heck of a time. I hope that the rest of the process goes smoothly and quickly and that you can put all of this behind you very, very soon.

...... Lamine and I are so, so, so thrilled to be together again. We're like two giggling little kids just having fun together.

We are having a HECK of a time but when we talk, after we cover our problems, we are like giggling kids too. We know this will happen and soon we will be together. My girls got their passports today, very significant for them. It has sunk in, THEY WILL BE LEAVING CHINA!

After 17 months apart, we will be strong together as one very soon.

We are both looking forward to meeting you and Lamine. :star:

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everybody,

I have to get caught up on what I missed for the past few days with everyones progress. But, I am glad that everybody is moving along. I got my final divorce decree so as exhausting as my trip was it was worth it. Tomorrow I submit the doc and hoping for a speedy approval. This almost feels like dream as the trip was over so soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Congrats, Starlight on getting that all sorted out!

Allie, Lamine and I primarily speak French together, but he speaks four other African languages as well.

His dentist appointment was very sobering. The dentist couldn't believe that he had endured that much pain for so long. He managed to do an emergency procedure that was basically a root canal minus the crown and the reconstruction. He put in a temporary filling, and we'll go back once he's on my insurance. God, he was in so, so, so much pain today. He was writhing on the couch when I got home and had a fever of 102 because the tooth was so infected that it had spread to his blood stream. He's taking some major antibiotics and pain medication, but he'll be ok. They gave him tons of anesthesia, but the tooth was so infected, that he could still feel the entire procedure--even after four shots! Poor guy. The doctor was so, so kind, though and helped us out a lot by doing this emergency procedure instead of calling it a root canal. This way, we'll pay the majority of it later, but with the x-rays and everything, it was only around $130. I was afraid it would be 1,000's and I had no idea how we'd pay it.

Hope everyone is doing well!

event.png

Timeline

attaya girl - Welcome back to the states, and so happy to hear that Lamine is with you. I hope Lamine gets better soon, after that painful procedure he had to endure. But, I am glad that you are by his side and making him feel like home.

SS - Congrats on the interview date! I am glad that you got that quick :) as you deserve it.

endoftheroad - hopefully your interview date is not that far extended. But, its good that you are resolving this now so you don't have to worry about it later. Hang in there and just be supportive as you always have been for them.

Allie - I am so glad you are finally out of AP. Now, hopefully the rest of your journey will be smooth sailing.

stlouis - I hope you get your interview date soon. It seems like you are almost there :). Yay!!!

Ian&Lisa- I am sorry that they put you through AP hell. But, you are out of it and that is all that matters. Wish you a speedy journey from here on.

And to the rest of the April 09 filers that I missed best of luck with your progress.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Well I printed off the last of Nigel's forms, he needed one that generated a bar code, so will send that off to him so hopefully will get to him within 2 weeks....i sent a few goodies along with it too! I told him to book a medical within the next 2 weeks so he can put the date on the check list enclosed and then send the whole lot of papers when he receives the last one from me....who knows, hopefully he will do this stuff after me going over it with him today....sometimes guys just listen to us girls ramble and ramble and go on and on...LOL..kinda like I'm doing now! LOL LOL...

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Congrats, Starlight on getting that all sorted out!

Allie, Lamine and I primarily speak French together, but he speaks four other African languages as well.

His dentist appointment was very sobering. The dentist couldn't believe that he had endured that much pain for so long. He managed to do an emergency procedure that was basically a root canal minus the crown and the reconstruction. He put in a temporary filling, and we'll go back once he's on my insurance. God, he was in so, so, so much pain today. He was writhing on the couch when I got home and had a fever of 102 because the tooth was so infected that it had spread to his blood stream. He's taking some major antibiotics and pain medication, but he'll be ok. They gave him tons of anesthesia, but the tooth was so infected, that he could still feel the entire procedure--even after four shots! Poor guy. The doctor was so, so kind, though and helped us out a lot by doing this emergency procedure instead of calling it a root canal. This way, we'll pay the majority of it later, but with the x-rays and everything, it was only around $130. I was afraid it would be 1,000's and I had no idea how we'd pay it.

I hope he's feeling better! Root canals can be really painful.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

attaya... no news, and there won't be for a while. i'm getting discouraged every time I read things in the Canada forum about it... there haven't been many interviews booked lately in Montreal, though tons of people are waiting. I probably won't be able to have my wedding date of January 10th like I really wanted. It's going to be SO close, that I'm very uncertain, but a 4 month wait for an interview is not uncommon when dealing with Montreal apparently. So, that's quite frustrating.

Thanks for asking though hon. I hope Lamine is feeling better!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
attaya... no news, and there won't be for a while. i'm getting discouraged every time I read things in the Canada forum about it... there haven't been many interviews booked lately in Montreal, though tons of people are waiting. I probably won't be able to have my wedding date of January 10th like I really wanted. It's going to be SO close, that I'm very uncertain, but a 4 month wait for an interview is not uncommon when dealing with Montreal apparently. So, that's quite frustrating.

Thanks for asking though hon. I hope Lamine is feeling better!

I hope you get your interview soon. Sometimes, they say 4 months but it could be sooner just stay positive. You are almost there!!

Timeline

So, my RFE is being mailed off today. I dropped it off today at my attorney's office and they are sending it express mail. I told them Fed-Ex would be faster as they will deliver it to the service center. She kept on insisting that she has done this before and the PO Box should be fine. I was so exhausted to argue with her that I just let it go, and now just satisfied they will send it off today. Now counting the days until I get my NOA2.

Timeline

Well guys, i guess we just get what we get with our processes huh. We shall see. I'm always worrying about SOMETHING lol....right now its the worry about Nigel's air letting out --NO LIVE TRACE-- on his police thingie cause its a "stepped down" charge since he was 15. I keep on telling him to find out the date and so what, pay the 60 pounds to the court for the record...but nooooooooo......he says he'll be fine, watch, he'll be the "approved pending police certificate" thingie...JEEEZZZZZZ....I sent off the last of his forms to him being his printer's messed up and so hopefully he will get off his ####### and fill out the rest of the forms and send them when this one comes in next week. I am also gonna ride is ####### on making a medical appointment Friday too...whether he likes it or not!!!!!! LOL....see how i am?

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Well guys, i guess we just get what we get with our processes huh. We shall see. I'm always worrying about SOMETHING lol....right now its the worry about Nigel's air letting out --NO LIVE TRACE-- on his police thingie cause its a "stepped down" charge since he was 15. I keep on telling him to find out the date and so what, pay the 60 pounds to the court for the record...but nooooooooo......he says he'll be fine, watch, he'll be the "approved pending police certificate" thingie...JEEEZZZZZZ....I sent off the last of his forms to him being his printer's messed up and so hopefully he will get off his ####### and fill out the rest of the forms and send them when this one comes in next week. I am also gonna ride is ####### on making a medical appointment Friday too...whether he likes it or not!!!!!! LOL....see how i am?

I feel like I'm running a constant race, in place, and really not getting anywhere. Monday is (hopefully) "mail the paperwork day", then it's just a matter of hearing from the embassy and scheduling the medical. :wacko:

P.S. Don't worry about the police report. Even people with offenses get approved...even people worse off then "no live trace" (which I really think is no big deal). It's better than having something show up, eh?

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello!

endoftheroad-glad you got to see and talk with your girls today.

ashen-hope you get that January 10 wedding you're hoping for!

allie-good luck on getting Nigel to cooperate with the demands of the visa process! Lamine whined like a little kid--"Stephanie, that office is way too far away. Is this REALLY necessary?"

Lisa-hope everything is going well with you!

Lamine is having a heck of time here. He had an allergic reaction to the medication that the dentist gave him. He's had a high fever and has been throwing up--which we thought was just the medication. Two days later, though, it's still going on and now we think he has malaria. :wacko: He's had several times before (once last year while I was with him), so he knows what it feels like, but we still have to wait three days for the results to come back. In Senegal you can find out in an hour, but they have to send the blood work to a special lab here. I've missed so much work, but my sister is staying with him right now while I try to get some time in. I feel so bad for him, but I know he'll be OK in a day or two. The African community here got word of it and are really embracing us and trying to help out with food, etc. Even though he's sick, he's been a champ about everything-emergency room visits and all. I'm glad it happened while he was here, though, and not in Senegal. I worry here, but I would have gone nuts if he was going through this while I was thousands of miles away.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.