Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Our update -

NVC received our case on Tuesday Sept 1 and left the building yesterday Sept. 2 ... we now have our Manila case number .. we should be able to set our interview date next week sometime ... woot ... the RFE set us back a little bit but at least NVC came through for us and made up some lost time !!

And that's the way April (I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-30) filers roll!!!!

CONGRATS!

Thanks !! We are excited ... our interview and medical should be mid October :)

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

whatever. still in ap....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

what ever you guys do its all good but just remember when yr SO enters the USA & they ask them if they are single make sure u tell them to answer 'yes', no matter what u guys think yr relationship status is they have to say that they are 'single'. arh it all sounds so romantic good luck on yr ceremonies ;D

Hey!

Your timeline is almost EXACTLY like mine!!! I want packet 3!!!! Grrrrrr......

only 1 day to receive packet 3?? How do you know? You probably don't have to call an extortion line to learn that stuff, I bet.

My consulate actually called me to come & pic up my packet 3 from the consulate, well i am in bermuda everything here is pretty cassual, it only says everything we already know, oh & i have the email of the lady in the consulate that looks after this stuff. so i just email her when ever i have a question.

1 fill in DS-160 on line & bring 2 copies

2 police certs

3 berth certs

4 marriage or death certs if applicable

5 medical check (except vaccinations)

6 passport

7 2 passport pics

8 I-134

9 payment

10 Proof of ongoing relationship

11 DS-2053

12 DS-3024

& thats it i'm sure yr's will be there soon, If u have all the paper work u can call yr consulate & see if they sent it, if so you should be able to make an interview date, like they said earlier u don't need to have the packet 3 in yr hand to get the interview as long as they have sent it.

well lets see who gets thru 1st. I've had my medical, just waiting for my bermuda police clearance & I my doctor should have my medical reports done soon. I'll let u know when i get my interview, good luck :) have u chased all yr paper work? how far along are u?

Shewack

K 1 - Timeline:

11/11/2007 - Met in London

Immigration Started

2009/04/30 - I-129F Delivered to CSC

2009/05/12 - NOA1

2009/05/13 - Cheque cashed

2009/10/16 - arrived in the states, So Good to be with my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009/11/11 - Married at 3pm, 11pm Uk time when we met arhhhhhh lol

AOS, EAD, Travel doc

2009/12/29 - Sent package via FED EX to Dearborn address

2010/01/05 - AOS delivered

2010/01/08 - Recieved emails & txt from form G-1145

2010/01/11 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

2010/01/28 - RFE, I-693

2010/02/01 - New I-693 delivered

2010/02/01 - Recieve Letter about Biometric app.

2010/02/22 - Biometrics Appointment

2010/03/01 - Approved EAD recieved on 2010/03/08

2010/03/01 - Approved AP recieved on 2010/03/15

2010/04/16 - Interview Date

2010/04/16 - AOS Approved, recieved card 2010/04/30

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

C'mon Allie, it's a short wait considering the rest of your lives together. Stay positive. :thumbs:

I did not get an easy RFE. :(. But, hopefully I will be able to get the additional documents they need from India.

Keep pushing forward. The end is close at hand. Why would you not be able to get the documents from India?

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Perry/Elena, sorry that your interview didn't go as smooth as you wanted. It seems like they got suspisious about trips to UK, so probably it would not have helped if you were at the interview. I hope it will be easy for you to get the police reports from the UK. Overall it sounds like almost success. Good luck and hope you will have the visa soon!

No exciting news from us. US consulate in Amsterdam says on webpage they are understaffed till Sep 8th -- I think it means they are on holidays :) I am looking forward to the next week, want to know our interview date!

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

All right, guys. This is it. I leave in the morning and will spend the next two days on a plane-but it'll all be worth it because I'll be heading toward Lamine. Please keep your fingers crossed and say a couple prayers for us on the 8th. I'm so terrified of the interview. I'll try to update as soon as possible, but the power outages are really bad in Dakar around this time of year, so no guarantee on posting while I'm in Senegal.

Good luck to all of you!

Have a wonderful trip! I know your interview will go well!

Guess what? We are out of AP! Allie's next. People actually DO survive AP!

Yay for getting out of AP, now the fun starts!

Jauque!! How did the interview and POE go? How is life in the USA?

...My best friend who hooked us up, and my mom are both telling me to chill out...

Looking at your avatar pic and the way you are gripping that mug (of coffee?) it looks like you are going to EXPLODE!

:rofl:

hehe...i love that, you made me have a really needed giggle right now...actually it was hot chocolate with whipped cream...this was at a chain pub owned by Wetherspoons called "Sir Nigel Gresley's" so Nigel calls it "his pub" lol.

Allie - I want a pub. No fair. :)

Minnew - Thank you, and yes, the congressman said he'd look into it, took our info and a signed authorisation to speak to NVC on our behalf, but we didn't hear back from him. When are you travelling? Got to be soon, right?

Well it sounds like whatever the congressman did helped as you are now out of AP!! Yay!! Yes I will be on my way soon, I am currently packing and dealing with wedding stuff. Just had my trial hair-do done this morning, and the seamstress called me for a fitting!! What a perfect day!! I can't wait until the wedding! I am just hoping the stylist in Omaha can replicate this look with LOTS of pictures and trial run, and the same curl setting product which I bought today. I've had the same stylist since I was a kid, I wish I could fly her down.. :lol:

BTW, heard from the congressman's office. By the time they called, it was already in transit to London. They said they would call the embassy next week to see how long it would be. They'll probably come back with the long ballpark figure. But, hey. It was something to do.

Sounds like the final wedding prep has begun! Good luck with your trip across the border. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

C'mon Allie, it's a short wait considering the rest of your lives together. Stay positive. :thumbs:

I did not get an easy RFE. :(. But, hopefully I will be able to get the additional documents they need from India.

Keep pushing forward. The end is close at hand. Why would you not be able to get the documents from India?

I was worried that we may not be able to get the mail from there before Sept 26, as mail there is not reliable. But, thanks goodness due to my fiance and my family there they are going to send it through a fast courier. My RFE deadline is 26, but I told them I need it by the 22 :). Yes, I am trying to stay positve and trying to move forward. Now I take it back that I wanted at least an RFE. I don't like RFE's. :angry:

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I was worried that we may not be able to get the mail from there before Sept 26, as mail there is not reliable. But, thanks goodness due to my fiance and my family there they are going to send it through a fast courier. My RFE deadline is 26, but I told them I need it by the 22 :). Yes, I am trying to stay positve and trying to move forward. Now I take it back that I wanted at least an RFE. I don't like RFE's. :angry:

Now I am becoming broken with our long wait. At times I just cry. I sometimes think that this is never going to happen and wonder if I should just give up. Though we talk every day I can tell she sometimes feels the same. With all the problems it really stretches the resolve.

She is having a hard time getting certain papers to proceed. China really sucks for certain things. P3 not returned yet. :(

moving right along

Timeline

Endoftheroad: Your too far in the journey to give up. It's just like when you are running a marathon and you are so close to the finish line, but you still have to keep running. I can relate to how you feel, as I feel like that about my NOA2. I was crying thinking that its going to be so difficult to provide what they need and they will deny our case. I would hate to go through this process over again. Stay strong and think about how close you are to finishing.

I try to think of all the positives. For instance, what if I got my RFE 5 months after like others and that would really delay everything. So, just focus on all the obstacles you have overcame in the process, and you will realize that the rest of the process is a breeze.

I still remember when you told me that may not get our interviews until Jan - March 09. But, you are way ahead of the game. I have a feeling my fiance will have his interview that late. He is more patient than me :).

Edited by Starlight95

Endoftheroad: Your too far in the journey to give up. It's just like when you are running a marathon and you are so close to the finish line, but you still have to keep running. I can relate to how you feel, as I feel like that about my NOA2. I was crying thinking that its going to be so difficult to provide what they need and they will deny our case. I would hate to go through this process over again. Stay strong and think about how close you are to finishing.

I try to think of all the positives. For instance, what if I got my RFE 5 months after like others and that would really delay everything. So, just focus on all the obstacles you have overcame in the process, and you will realize that the rest of the process is a breeze.

I still remember when you told me that may not get our interviews until Jan - March 09. But, you are way ahead of the game. I have a feeling my fiance will have his interview that late. He is more patient than me :) .

Last night, I had a nightmare that Ian decided he didn't want to get married, or be with me, for that matter. When I woke up at 1am, I wanted to call him, but I couldn't remember what time he got up for work (turns out he was up by then!), so I just went back to sleep and had more of the same.

I cried on an off through half of my morning.

After being in the black hole for so long, I started to lose hope we'd be together, even though people kept saying we'd get out. People have been through it and survived, but it was hell, really. The waiting stinks.

It's difficult to focus again. Some days, it's just SO depressing! But, you know, this paperwork/red tape is NOT gonna win! I keep thinking about plan B... saying f'it and moving to England. :) or somewhere else without crazy immigration laws. I'm not sure where that'd be, though.

Chin up, people. Keep your eye on the ball.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

Now I am becoming broken with our long wait. At times I just cry. I sometimes think that this is never going to happen and wonder if I should just give up. Though we talk every day I can tell she sometimes feels the same. With all the problems it really stretches the resolve.

She is having a hard time getting certain papers to proceed. China really sucks for certain things. P3 not returned yet. :(

And us and our AP, this whole thing really is quite depressing....I cry once a week guaranteed. I just have to have to let it out you know....I know like you said, its a small price to pay, really, but damn its so difficult! Would I do it again? You bet I would! Being its a holiday weekend, we've lost 1 day processing (monday)....also going on VJ kind of depresses me cause you hear of everyone's progress and you still get depressed and then you get bug eyes from all the reading and it is quite exhausting all the info we're taking in on this website....soo, needless to say, i'm cutting down a bit, here or there...also, still in AP as of tonight...its been 15 actual working days....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline

I still remember when you told me that may not get our interviews until Jan - March 09. But, you are way ahead of the game. I have a feeling my fiance will have his interview that late. He is more patient than me :) .

Last night, I had a nightmare that Ian decided he didn't want to get married, or be with me, for that matter. When I woke up at 1am, I wanted to call him, but I couldn't remember what time he got up for work (turns out he was up by then!), so I just went back to sleep and had more of the same.

I cried on an off through half of my morning.

After being in the black hole for so long, I started to lose hope we'd be together, even though people kept saying we'd get out. People have been through it and survived, but it was hell, really. The waiting stinks.

It's difficult to focus again. Some days, it's just SO depressing! But, you know, this paperwork/red tape is NOT gonna win! I keep thinking about plan B... saying f'it and moving to England. :) or somewhere else without crazy immigration laws. I'm not sure where that'd be, though.

Chin up, people. Keep your eye on the ball.

Well, you are out of AP finally and your petition is being moved forward. I do agree the waiting stinks. Especially when there is people out there with a lot of red flags in their background and relationship (fraud) that can breeze through the system. Why do sincere loving relationships have to suffer? Its like we are getting punished for other peoples mistakes.

I guess your right we have to just keep our chin up and keep hoping that this will actually past :).

Timeline

Lisa,

I have those dreams often....its really bad.....I hate it...you wake up exhausted....headaches...not good...hope my AP will be over soon, if its like yours, my 30 days is what...the 14th? But we'll see...i'm gonna freak if its still there by the 25th...cause that will be 30 actual work days....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.