Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's wonderful news! :dance:

YP100.jpg

Tell ya the truth it's the first time I heard a smile in my girl's voice in over a week. Things are still bleak but at least we have something to be overjoyed about! Our P3 is ready to send and will go out today I think. We could finish in SEPTEMBER! OMFG!!!

moving right along

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's wonderful news! :dance:

YP100.jpg

Tell ya the truth it's the first time I heard a smile in my girl's voice in over a week. Things are still bleak but at least we have something to be overjoyed about! Our P3 is ready to send and will go out today I think. We could finish in SEPTEMBER! OMFG!!!

I can tell you're really happy! :dance: :dance: Good going!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline
I can tell you're really happy! :dance: :dance: Good going!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yeah, a little bit. :lol: It ended up being a big surprise to her and me... just when we needed it most.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
didn't get a clearance notice today...

MY GIRLS GOT THE P3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still dancing. :wub::dance::D:energy::star:(L)(F):goofy:

Congrats!! Hopefully, you will get the October interview.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Your day is next!

Had the most wonderfully mushy one hour call just now with my girl. (L):wub: The P3 has brought light into our lives, especially hers with all the troubles. She giggled, laughed, blew kisses, and feels there is happiness in the world. We are walking on clouds.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Your day is next!

Had the most wonderfully mushy one hour call just now with my girl. (L):wub: The P3 has brought light into our lives, especially hers with all the troubles. She giggled, laughed, blew kisses, and feels there is happiness in the world. We are walking on clouds.

So happy that that happened sooner than you expected!

Now, we really need to get everyone out of AP!!!

Random question-do we need to bring our NOA's to the interview?

event.png

Timeline
Random question-do we need to bring our NOA's to the interview?

My consultant (who has been golden) told me to bring EVERYTHING just in case. He told me to put all the stuff in a binder with plastic envelope pages, divided and clearly marked. Then she can take that to the interview and be completely prepared and organized. The less she has to worry about the better. Then we can add to it later with the EAD/AOS/etc. stuff... our little visa binder. :star:

moving right along

didn't get a clearance notice today...

MY GIRLS GOT THE P3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still dancing. :wub::dance::D:energy::star:(L)(F):goofy:

Good news! Finally!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, well we hope September will be a productive month....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Yes, a productive, happy month. :yes:

I'm starting to get scared for the interview. I keep going over all the Dakar horror stories, and I'm determined to not be one of them. If he comes out of the interview room without an approval, I'm going to have a royal breakdown. I don't know what else to do. I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something, but I don't really think I am. I'm submitting absolutely everything I can think of. I know I shouldn't be complaining because I'm already having my interview, and I do feel very lucky--I'm just scared of the embassy. Dakar only approved 34 K-1 visas last year. Malawi issued 102. Nigeria issued 543. Ghana issued 1,353. South Africa issued 2,549. I should not have looked up this information....

Found it here, by the way: Visa approvals by category and nationality

event.png

Timeline

I'm starting to get scared for the interview. I keep going over all the Dakar horror stories, and I'm determined to not be one of them. If he comes out of the interview room without an approval, I'm going to have a royal breakdown. I don't know what else to do. I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something, but I don't really think I am. I'm submitting absolutely everything I can think of. I know I shouldn't be complaining because I'm already having my interview, and I do feel very lucky--I'm just scared of the embassy. Dakar only approved 34 K-1 visas last year. Malawi issued 102. Nigeria issued 543. Ghana issued 1,353. South Africa issued 2,549. I should not have looked up this information....

Just stay positive and be strong. Everything is going to be fine and I am sure Lamine will pass the interview with flying colors. Don't depend on those statistics every case is different. For you to go down there and be with him and support for him I am sure will count for something. I understand what your going through. So, many things cross our mind and we think of the worst possible situation.

It is Ramadan and I am sure everyone including his family must be praying for a successful interview. But, I hear what your going through I am most likely going to fly down there to be with my fiance as well for his interview. It seems like I have a few obstacles to go through before I can get there though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wish I had the time off at work and the money for a plane ticket to England for Nigel's interview whenever that decides to happen...but I saved a bit of money for the wedding and thats what its for....Nigel had to send away for a acpo police trace thing for his interview and cause he was a bad teenager and let the air out of some guys tires, he has a record that he has to dig up somehow, he doesn't think its a big deal but I have to bug him to find the court that has the record now...since the one back then is since closed....he thinks that he can just tell them about it at the interview and it will be ok, but nope, i've been to those interviews and well...we have to get it somehow. I'm gonna tell him if he wants me to use our wedding money to go up there and hold his hand while looking for that damn courthouse I sure as heck will! I'M NOT GETTING A DENIAL AT HIS INTERVIEW...NO WAY...just cause he thinks he wants to be lazy and not bother .....sigh, thats my rant of the day....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
I wish I had the time off at work and the money for a plane ticket to England for Nigel's interview whenever that decides to happen...but I saved a bit of money for the wedding and thats what its for....Nigel had to send away for a acpo police trace thing for his interview and cause he was a bad teenager and let the air out of some guys tires, he has a record that he has to dig up somehow, he doesn't think its a big deal but I have to bug him to find the court that has the record now...since the one back then is since closed....he thinks that he can just tell them about it at the interview and it will be ok, but nope, i've been to those interviews and well...we have to get it somehow. I'm gonna tell him if he wants me to use our wedding money to go up there and hold his hand while looking for that damn courthouse I sure as heck will! I'M NOT GETTING A DENIAL AT HIS INTERVIEW...NO WAY...just cause he thinks he wants to be lazy and not bother .....sigh, thats my rant of the day....

I hear you on that. I am sure that may not have much relevance on his interview. But, its better to be safe than sorry. It does not seem like a major offence, but I am not sure how the embassy in UK is like. I am sure if he wants to let them know about it in the interview that will show that he is not hiding anything. Don't worry about this I really don't think its going to get you a denial.

The problem with me is I can only go be there with my fiance if his interview is in November or December. After that its going to year end and I will not be able to take the time off. So, I am really hoping for a November or December interview. I want to be there with him because I don't want him to get a denial either.

Wow. The Philippines had almost 5000 K1s issued in 2008.

That's alot of people.

Canada only had 711.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.