Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Nigel's accent is a cross between that and the beatles liverpool accent....but in the middle somewhat.....they call everybody "duck" kind of like us calling our loved ones or term of endearment like "dear"

Funny.........

That's really cute, Allie :)

I second Ashen's comments regarding AP at NVC. Wish you guys would be able to get out of there already.

Working early, early, early on a Saturday and trying to get everything done before I leave on Tuesday (woo-hoo!).

If Lamine gets the visa, I think we're going to try to do the traditional wedding ceremony there. I know there are a lot of people who advise against this, but it's not legal in any way, and we'll only do it after visa is in hand and no one would know but his aunt and uncle and us. I really hope that it works out that we can do this for his family-even if they don't find out about it until later. It means a lot to them and it means a lot to Lamine. This ceremony is the one that matters most to him. We'll see. They can always do it by proxy, but I guess he's been asking around to see if it's possible to do so during the month of Ramadan. Before I left, he kept saying "I don't know how much it'll cost for us to get married." It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about, but they still do the bride price there. He had discussed my "price" before I left, but I guess they're going to discuss that again while I'm there. :wacko: Hopefully my value has gone down and not up. Granted, he never told me what it was to begin with. I'm hoping that foreigners are worth a lot less, because we can't afford much of anything right now.

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Nigel's accent is a cross between that and the beatles liverpool accent....but in the middle somewhat.....they call everybody "duck" kind of like us calling our loved ones or term of endearment like "dear"

Funny.........

That's really cute, Allie :)

I second Ashen's comments regarding AP at NVC. Wish you guys would be able to get out of there already.

Working early, early, early on a Saturday and trying to get everything done before I leave on Tuesday (woo-hoo!).

If Lamine gets the visa, I think we're going to try to do the traditional wedding ceremony there. I know there are a lot of people who advise against this, but it's not legal in any way, and we'll only do it after visa is in hand and no one would know but his aunt and uncle and us. I really hope that it works out that we can do this for his family-even if they don't find out about it until later. It means a lot to them and it means a lot to Lamine. This ceremony is the one that matters most to him. We'll see. They can always do it by proxy, but I guess he's been asking around to see if it's possible to do so during the month of Ramadan. Before I left, he kept saying "I don't know how much it'll cost for us to get married." It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about, but they still do the bride price there. He had discussed my "price" before I left, but I guess they're going to discuss that again while I'm there. :wacko: Hopefully my value has gone down and not up. Granted, he never told me what it was to begin with. I'm hoping that foreigners are worth a lot less, because we can't afford much of anything right now.

No problem with doing a traditional wedding ceremony there just as long as it isn't legal. That could cause a lot of problems like visa fraud. But a big party and stuff is normal. Our ceremonial wedding in China was last November. My brother advised that we get the USA legal wedding on the same day as the ceremonial one so I didn't have to remember two different wedding dates! :lol:

moving right along

I emailed Packet 3 to the Embassy in Bogotá. In 1 week, we will get confirmation along with our Interview date - (early October). :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks everyone who gave us congrats ... we waited a lot longer than most in this thread .. but at least we finally have our approval.

Wow Attaya you leave next week already? You have to be so excited .. I am excited for you as well !!

Ken Congrats ... that's awesome only about a 1 month wait for the interview ... that's not to bad !

Allie and Ian and Lisa ... any news after Friday on the AP? I really hope you guys get out of there soon.

Endoftheroad- When are you documents expected to be cleared? Or do really not know? Hopefully soon !

Starlight - Good luck on the RFE ... I am sure it will be painless .. from what I read the approval comes within a week or two of returning the RFE ... ours did as well... they just didn't update the online status when they approved our petition.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend !

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... I wasn't going to prepare those or emails as a proof. I think the plane tickets and proof that we met 2 times between sending I-129f and interview should be enough? Maybe we'll include couple of phone bills. I think I am resenting the idea of showing personal messages to some strangers. Or you are not showing all text?

At the interview you have to prove an ongoing relationship so show records of at least five emails, text messages, phone calls, letters/cards sent via mail, chat records, per month to make sure there is no question. Two visits is good but now is not the time to scrimp. BTW, it is fine to black out private stuff in mails. And those "strangers", they control whether you get the visa or not so they are important.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
... I wasn't going to prepare those or emails as a proof. I think the plane tickets and proof that we met 2 times between sending I-129f and interview should be enough? Maybe we'll include couple of phone bills. I think I am resenting the idea of showing personal messages to some strangers. Or you are not showing all text?

At the interview you have to prove an ongoing relationship so show records of at least five emails, text messages, phone calls, letters/cards sent via mail, chat records, per month to make sure there is no question. Two visits is good but now is not the time to scrimp. BTW, it is fine to black out private stuff in mails. And those "strangers", they control whether you get the visa or not so they are important.

Sure, we have to prove an ongoing relationship. What I meant is that in our case, my fiance was here when we sent I-129F, then I visited for 3 weeks in June and now I am going again in September (and interview hopefully early October). I think showing those visits (especially that we try to be together for big events such as his defense, his birthday, my birthday) already a big proof of ongoing relationship. We will also include phone bills and skype call records.... okok maybe some emails...

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Woo hoo! That's exciting! My mom immigrated from Holland :) Her side of the family still lives there. Hope you have a wonderful time!

I wouldn't worry about text messages if I were you either, but Dakar is a really tough embassy, and I don't want to risk anything. I also resent the idea of showing them personal messages, but I resent the idea of not being with Lamine even more. I'm not showing really personal stuff, but I'm including messages that are border-line embarrassing they're so sappy. Oh well. Better safe than sorry.

The sad thing is that I actually did consider printing parts of this thread out :)

True. One minute of embarrassment for lifetime of happiness, or something like this. On a more serious note, I agree it's better to be over-prepared than sorry later. Would be good if you are allowed to be present at the interview, are you? Really hope everything works out for you.

Oh your mom is from Holland, how cool! I love it there, probably the fact that my fiance is from Holland has something to do with it :)

I visited there twice. Very cool, progressive country. I took the canal tour in Amsterdam, is the boat with all of the cats living in it still there?

Dutch music is incredible - ever hear of Rotterdam Termination Source? Tiesto moved here to Los Angeles, but everyone still considers him a Dutchman. I'd love to go back there one day...

-Ken

I also visited there twice. We went to Amsterdam 2 times for several days. We wanted to take the canal tour but never had the chance with rain or for some other reasons. We did rent bicycles though... that was an extreme sport for me. I went on bicycle before, but not in Amsterdam with all the bicycles, cars, motorbikes sharing the road. I had to concentrate very hard, but after an hour could finally enjoy biking. I had so much fun. I did not see the boat with cats, but Maarten says it's still there.

-Anna

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well just found out my 2nd NOA2 was received by NVC on Monday the 24th YAAAAAAAAY!

...and also found out we are in AP..BOOOOOOOO!

can't win

I'd also like to know what the heck is it with all those dang AP's...! I just hope September we will be out of our AP ...thats all I ask for....its been since Aug 14th since they received our info, 10 actual working days....so ill give it another 11 more actual working days so that will be Sept 14th THEN i'll start getting reeeeeeeally crabby....I want to be sent off to London by the end of September for sure is my goal, so that we can have a November interview date or so...hopefully a December wedding....who knows....all in all I'll know more in September i'm sure they wont keep us in the dark THIS long....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Hello all,

We finally got our approval !!!!! I called USCIS again hehe .... we were approved on August 25, 2009 ... although they didn't update the case status on the website the immigration officer ( Who ironically was Filipino hehe ) assured me that we are approved as of August 25 !!

Finally done with the long hard wait .... NVC here we come woot !!

If the NOA2 takes the same time to get here as the RFE did we should have our hard copy tomorrow in the mail !

Yay! Good news! Congrats!

Well just found out my 2nd NOA2 was received by NVC on Monday the 24th YAAAAAAAAY!

...and also found out we are in AP..BOOOOOOOO!

can't win

Everyone goes into AP @ NVC, to varying degrees. Hope your stay is short.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

I also visited there twice. We went to Amsterdam 2 times for several days. We wanted to take the canal tour but never had the chance with rain or for some other reasons. We did rent bicycles though... that was an extreme sport for me. I went on bicycle before, but not in Amsterdam with all the bicycles, cars, motorbikes sharing the road. I had to concentrate very hard, but after an hour could finally enjoy biking. I had so much fun. I did not see the boat with cats, but Maarten says it's still there.

-Anna

Who would have thought Bicycling was an EXTREME sport!?! LOL

Someday Somehow, you FINALLY got the approval letter!! Good for you two!! It looks like you will be changing your handle soon? :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to everyone that is moving along to the rest of their journey. The ones that are stuck in AP hang in there, as I am sure you will not be there too long.

I have been doing extensive research :lol: on these darn RFE's. After careful observation I have noticed that they are giving out RFE's for the most meaningless things especially this month. I guess just another obstacle I got a tackle to get to my NOA2. Believe it or not I am not as stressed as I was before. I am content that my file is sitting on someones desk, and not lost in the shuffle.

Hope everybody is having a good weekend!

Edited by Starlight95

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.