Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Allie-what hobby are you going to get :) If you ever want to "###### and complain" again, though, that's what we're here for :)

SS-I'm so sorry this is taking so long, but I'm still betting on an NOA2 soon, and will pray for a speedy process after that.

Lisa-Hope everything is well with you. Any news?

endoftheroad-hoping that your process speeds up as well and that you get to see your girls soon and have a sweet reunion.

I was up way before 5 am again today....Lamine called me because the hospital called him, but he missed the call. He's tried calling back again with no success. Don't know what they want, but I'm going to pull my hair out if he backs out of the appointment.

Ken-as far as him wanting money or something-I wouldn't be suprised. We've had to pay extra for pretty much every one of Lamine's documents in order to get them in a timely manner. I know that's how things go in many parts of the world, and it's definitely frequently the case in Senegal. I'm nervous about doing this, though, as he is the only doctor currently working with the embassy (until the other guy comes back from vacation), and I don't want word getting out that we bribed or attempted to bribe anyone at this stage.

We'll see....

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping there's progress ASAP!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Starlight, you are barely at the 90 days...alot of us have been 90+ days...give it a bit eh? (oops canadian coming out)lol....

The Canadian immigration system is worse than ours, I tried it-i know...they make you get married first....no k1's over there....however you can be there while your case is processing with your wife/hubby however cant work. So either way....plus the forms are way more complicated and lots lots more of them. Also more expensive. I'd rather go to England....hehe. Crossing fingers today.....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
I told Nigel to do the same thing! To just book a hotel the night before....some place close to the embassy....well i've got this all planned for him, have packet 3 printed and sent to him cause his printer's broken, told him to get stuff done ie police and vac. record and he has...Typical guy, I have to do all the planning and he just does what I tell him to do...he's learning early...hehehehehe...(course you NEVER tell THEM that) LOL.

That's so funny, Allie! Lamine kept saying that we could just get a taxi, but he lives two hours from the embassy and during Ramadan, no one is going to be out running a taxi in the middle of the night. So silly. Oh, the guy I reserved the hotel with, took both mine and Lamine's information, and I told him that Lamine was my fiance. Over there, as soon as you tell someone you're engaged, you might as well be married in there eyes. He completely stopped calling me mademoiselle and started calling my Madame with Lamine's last name. So cute! Makes me nervous, though, when people do that and we are very clearly NOT supposed to be married with the K-1. Oh well. Still made me smile :)

Get this: I go change my name on my Safeway card.....only....and they call me by my upcoming name at the checout! I love it!....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline
I told Nigel to do the same thing! To just book a hotel the night before....some place close to the embassy....well i've got this all planned for him, have packet 3 printed and sent to him cause his printer's broken, told him to get stuff done ie police and vac. record and he has...Typical guy, I have to do all the planning and he just does what I tell him to do...he's learning early...hehehehehe...(course you NEVER tell THEM that) LOL.

That's so funny, Allie! Lamine kept saying that we could just get a taxi, but he lives two hours from the embassy and during Ramadan, no one is going to be out running a taxi in the middle of the night. So silly. Oh, the guy I reserved the hotel with, took both mine and Lamine's information, and I told him that Lamine was my fiance. Over there, as soon as you tell someone you're engaged, you might as well be married in there eyes. He completely stopped calling me mademoiselle and started calling my Madame with Lamine's last name. So cute! Makes me nervous, though, when people do that and we are very clearly NOT supposed to be married with the K-1. Oh well. Still made me smile :)

Get this: I go change my name on my Safeway card.....only....and they call me by my upcoming name at the checout! I love it!....

That's sweet! Can't wait to get that name change! I always thought I'd want to keep my maiden name, but turns out I don't mind changing it one bit :)

Still waiting on the hobby update, Allie! I re-took up knitting. Made Lamine a scarf so he doesn't freeze to death when he gets here. I kept telling myself that I would take up a hobby, but the only one that really stuck was eating junk food and watching TV series marathons on DVD :) Not a very healthy hobby.

event.png

Allie-what hobby are you going to get :) If you ever want to "###### and complain" again, though, that's what we're here for :)

SS-I'm so sorry this is taking so long, but I'm still betting on an NOA2 soon, and will pray for a speedy process after that.

Lisa-Hope everything is well with you. Any news?

endoftheroad-hoping that your process speeds up as well and that you get to see your girls soon and have a sweet reunion.

I was up way before 5 am again today....Lamine called me because the hospital called him, but he missed the call. He's tried calling back again with no success. Don't know what they want, but I'm going to pull my hair out if he backs out of the appointment.

Ken-as far as him wanting money or something-I wouldn't be suprised. We've had to pay extra for pretty much every one of Lamine's documents in order to get them in a timely manner. I know that's how things go in many parts of the world, and it's definitely frequently the case in Senegal. I'm nervous about doing this, though, as he is the only doctor currently working with the embassy (until the other guy comes back from vacation), and I don't want word getting out that we bribed or attempted to bribe anyone at this stage.

We'll see....

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping there's progress ASAP!

Thank you for that... You're always so sweet, and I'm so pleased you and Lamine will be together soon. :)

We are still in AP as of 7:30 last night, when I called again. They are always so nice, but I just want them to ship our case off to the embassy.

We are hanging in there, but frustrated. Things go haywire along the way sometimes. This is our haywire issue, and we realise it may not be the last.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Well I have just decided to quit comparing myself with everyone here in VJ and to just wait this whole thing out....

Join the club and get in line with the rest of us waiters! We'll keep you company.

27 Aug 09 9:39 PM - Clearance delay - Guangzhou,China, People's Republic :wacko:

My NOA2 expires November 15... so I think we will be finished by then, one way or another

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline
Did I mention that I miss my girls soooooooooo much? Yesterday was the Chinese Valentine's Day. 7/7 on the lunar calendar.

99 roses

Ahhhhh.... cute!

Lisa-I hope this IS your last hay wire issue! You need to get him here NOW so you can use that beautiful wedding dress :P

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I finally got an email from USCIS. I got an RFE :(. But, at least I heard from them. I am not sure what they would want, because I send them everything. I guess me and SS are in the same boat.

Hurray Starlight! This is an opportunity and a sign that you are progressing.

And when I go away

I know my heart can stay with my love , it's understood

It's in the hands of my love , and my love does it good

And when the cupboards bare

I'll still find something there with my love

It's understood , it's everywhere with my love

And my love does it good

Oh I love oh.....my love

Only my love holds the other key to me

Oh....my love oh...my love

Only my love does it good to me

Dont ever ask me why, I never say goodbye to my love

And my love does it good to me

My girls and I have agreed to always end our conversations with "Later" not "goodbye." l8r means it won't be long until we are together again but goodbye is so final.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline

Still waiting for the NVC............................nothing yet....one says, YES, AP. one says NO AP.....so i donnooooooooooooooo, its only been 9 actual working days....if I think of it in working days its not so bad.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Starlight, you are barely at the 90 days...alot of us have been 90+ days...give it a bit eh? (oops canadian coming out)lol....

The Canadian immigration system is worse than ours, I tried it-i know...they make you get married first....no k1's over there....however you can be there while your case is processing with your wife/hubby however cant work. So either way....plus the forms are way more complicated and lots lots more of them. Also more expensive. I'd rather go to England....hehe. Crossing fingers today.....

I finally got something, and it was a RFE. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. At least it came now, than later. I am not too worried now. Its funny I have family in Toronto, and I got familiar with that word they use a lot "eh"...lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I finally got an email from USCIS. I got an RFE :(. But, at least I heard from them. I am not sure what they would want, because I send them everything. I guess me and SS are in the same boat.

Hurray Starlight! This is an opportunity and a sign that you are progressing.

And when I go away

I know my heart can stay with my love , it's understood

It's in the hands of my love , and my love does it good

And when the cupboards bare

I'll still find something there with my love

And my love does it good

Oh I love oh.....my love

Only my love holds the other key to me

Oh....my love oh...my love

Only my love does it good to me

Dont ever ask me why, I never say goodbye to my love

And my love does it good to me

My girls and I have agreed to always end our conversations with "Later" not "goodbye." l8r means it won't be long until we are together again but goodbye is so final.

Yes, your are right endoftheroad. I am not too worried about this RFE. I will not know what they want until I get the hardcopy. Awww...your girls are so sweet.

Timeline

Ken, are you out of the NVC yet? Trying to be patient over here still.....oh well..........

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline

starlight-sorry about the RFE, but really, if you send it in quickly, you could also receive the NOA2 quickly. Good luck! :thumbs:

Allie-have you settled on a hobby yet?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Starting to count down the days. It's starting to sink in that I'm really going to see Lamine again. It's been so long, I can't wait! Getting a little more nervous for the interview, but we have nothing to hide and I'm going to stay optimistic that he really will be coming home with me. Gotta keep thinking happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.