Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

we should make a special thread for ourselves :D

Ya we should shouldn't we!...so funny how just so quickly they can just throw people into AP....we have nothing to hide...no issues....whatever.

I'm a real basket case today....such a bad day all around for me today...depressing ....I have to get a hobby or something....just very impatient..but you know, i signed up for it.......I knew what I was getting into...not quite sure if Nigel had quite the same idea, I think he may have, actually, it could be worse I suppose, we could be still waiting for the NOA2..this feels like it almost though. How long should we stay in AP before we start calling our congressmen? Because I'm sorta a new citizen I'm really not sure what guy to call or write to....i will give it 30 days...thats Sept 14th so i will go from there....

Hope all goes well for everyone soon....

Allison.

Hey! I got one started! NVC AP for the UK!

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... I am guessing that they had missplaced our file and sent a new NOA2 to make up for the lost 24 days on the 4 month eligibility...

Got mine today and the dates did not change, 11/15 expiration.

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Update on our progress...

Called the call center in the Ukraine today, and asked if they had our case number after a little "you should tell me your case number" and me explaining I never did get a letter from the NVC but had called them and they said it was forwarded to the embassy two weeks ago... Victoria looked up the case and was willing to schedule the interview on the 31st. I asked for the 3rd (which may have been a mistake with the 7th being a holiday).

So moving forward.

Have others gotten an email and/or letter from the NVC? We never did.

Good luck to all still waiting.

04/16/2009 - I-129F Mailed to CSC

04/17/2009 - Recieved at 10:53 AM

04/30/2009 - NOA1

05/04/2009 - Check shows up at local bank

05/05/2009 - Last updated

06/01/2009 - Updated address online... really hated to do this but moved to a new house

06/04/2009 - Date on address change letter

06/05/2009 - Last updated

07/23/2009 - NOA2

07/28/2009 - NOA2 in mail

08/10/2009 - Left NVC for Kyiv (Never got anything in the mail - told via phone call)

08/25/2009 - Called call center and scheduled interview for September 3rd.

08/29/2009 - Find letter from NVC was sent to the address on the application not the new one.

09/03/2009 - Interview day results - she needs a UK police report - never stayed there for 6 months but with combined trips was over 10 months.

09/16/2009 - turned in UK Police Certificate

09/18/2009 - Picked up visa and sealed env. from Fedex office after 1800.

09/19.2009 - We are together in Minnesota - 5 months and a couple days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Called the call center in the Ukraine today, and asked if they had our case number after a little "you should tell me your case number" and me explaining I never did get a letter from the NVC but had called them and they said it was forwarded to the embassy two weeks ago... Victoria looked up the case and was willing to schedule the interview on the 31st. I asked for the 3rd (which may have been a mistake with the 7th being a holiday).

So moving forward.

We received the letter from NVC several days after NVC sent it to Amsterdam consulate. I don't think you need that letter, unlike NOA2 letter. You got me confused for a minute who Victoria is (who is not Elena?). I understand now Victoria is a woman at the consulate, hehe.

Speaking of NOA2.. endoftheroad, congrats on finally getting your NOA2 letter, it was a loong complicated story but you finally have it :)

Edited by stlouis

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome to my world............................!!

Today my lips touched an actual NOA2 letter that came in the mail from the DHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually cried. It wasn't the money saved, it was a physical reminder of the waiting. So much emotion in this process.

Tears are falling as I type this. I miss my girls so much. *sniffle*

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline

Today my lips touched an actual NOA2 letter that came in the mail from the DHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually cried. It wasn't the money saved, it was a physical reminder of the waiting. So much emotion in this process.

??????? You miss my girls too? Cool! :rofl:

moving right along

Timeline

Trying to keep busy and get my mind off things but well..not working...lol....another family member of mine is getting married in October here in Arizona to a American...she's gonna try to immigrate him to Canada....good luck with that! You have to be married first for those guys, no fiance visa for the Canadians....they havent even started looking up immigration things...not too smart they are....glad we are and we're half ways there....!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline

So moving forward.

INTERVIEW SCHEDULING TIME....... W O O O O O H O O O O O O O O !

moving right along

Timeline

??????? You miss my girls too? Cool! :rofl:

HEHEHEHEHEHE.................ok i dont do too good on the quote button, but I totally understand the emotional post! LOL LOL....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I should not be awake this early.....

Lamine just asked me to call the doctor since he wasn't getting anywhere with him. I talked with his assistant, and I could see what Lamine was saying. He was so nice and seemed really excited that I was going to be coming back to Senegal to go to the interview with my fiance. He just kept saying, "Of course, not a problem." I don't know what to believe, but Lamine's trying to get back over there today. Problem is, now it's the month of Ramadan and half the city has shut down-and the public transportation has been cut in half. He's been walking for the past hour and a half trying to find a bus going toward Dakar. Poor guy.

event.png

Timeline

Lamine just asked me to call the doctor since he wasn't getting anywhere with him. I talked with his assistant, and I could see what Lamine was saying. He was so nice and seemed really excited that I was going to be coming back to Senegal to go to the interview with my fiance. He just kept saying, "Of course, not a problem." I don't know what to believe, but Lamine's trying to get back over there today. Problem is, now it's the month of Ramadan and half the city has shut down-and the public transportation has been cut in half. He's been walking for the past hour and a half trying to find a bus going toward Dakar. Poor guy.

What does the consulate say about this doctor? Sounds like he is a master procrastinator.

moving right along

Timeline

What does the consulate say about this doctor? Sounds like he is a master procrastinator.

I don't know. There is another doctor, apparently, but he's on vacation until the 12th. Doesn't do us any good. The guy seemed to warm up when I said that the only reason I was concerned was that I had already purchased the tickets and that I was traveling all that way, etc, etc. I don't know. It sounds like he really is going to do something today, but we've heard that before. Oh well. Worst case scenario, Lamine and I camp out there when I get to Senegal and don't leave until he gives us the paperwork.

event.png

Timeline

Ya that doctor does sound fishy....i'd start putting my foot down by the end of the week maybe....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Timeline
... Worst case scenario, Lamine and I camp out there when I get to Senegal and don't leave until he gives us the paperwork.

attagirl! A little American IN YOUR FACE DOCTOR treatment! :D

BTW... 26 Aug 09 10:02 PM - Clearance delay - Guangzhou,China, People's Republic

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline
... Worst case scenario, Lamine and I camp out there when I get to Senegal and don't leave until he gives us the paperwork.

attagirl! A little American IN YOUR FACE DOCTOR treatment! :D

That's right!!! No more of this tip-toeing around the doctor just because he's a doctor!

Sorry about the clearance delay, endoftheroad. God, I really hope you get out of there soon.

Allie-any word on the AP?

Anything new and exciting happening with the wedding planning? Anyone?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.